Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sit / Stay

aussiemedogs
April 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
The Ottawa Valley Search and Rescue Dogs will be hosting an attempt to set a new World Record for the largest dog stay ever on May 15th, at the Navan Fairgrounds. The event consists of hundreds of dogs simultaneously performing a 2-minute Sit or Down Stay. The current world record is 514 dogs.

If you have an Upcoming Events page on your website, we would be very grateful if you could add our event to your listing, perhaps with a link to our website - http://www.ovsarda.on.ca/sithappens.htm Complete details of the event, including the rules established by Guinness World Records, can be found here.

As part of the Big Sit, we are offering a special opportunity for you to promote your dog club! Gather a group of at least 10 participants from your association and we will set aside a section where you and your members can 'stay' together! Bring along a banner or sign and promote yourselves. All sections reserved for groups will be guaranteed to be positioned along the edges of the Big Sit, for maximum exposure to media and the public. As we are expecting extensive media coverage, this will be an excellent opportunity for schools to showcase their talented students, or for breed clubs to highlight the talents of their dog of choice, or for banned breed lobbies to show the public just how wonderful every dog can be!

To reserve a group location, recruit a minimum of 10 dogs from your organization. Contact us by phone, or by e-mail, and give us the name of your group, as well as the names of your participants. Advise your members to identify themselves as members of your group at the registration table on the day of the event, so that we may give them an appropriate armband.

If you have any questions, you can reach me at bigsit@ovsarda.on.ca, or by phone at (613) 834-9896. Thank you for your help!

Kim Cooper
Big Sit Coordinator

Bearsmom
April 25th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry, but my two boys last about 8-10 seconds, then that's it. Sounds like an interesting event! Good luck

raingirl
April 25th, 2005, 03:41 PM
If I had money to buy gas, it would be fun to drive up there. But alas...no $$$. Sounds fun though.

wjranch
April 25th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a ton of fun, however, our local Mutt Strutt is the same day :( Can't be in two places at one time
Good Luck with it, I will mention it to the folks at the OB club

nymph
April 25th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Sorry, but my two boys last about 8-10 seconds, then that's it. Sounds like an interesting event! Good luck

Same here, hehe. :cool: