Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm so nervous, I think I'm gonna *hurl*!

Writing4Fun
April 25th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Oh, my God! :crazy: I just got my first "corporate" order for 4 award plaques. Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment for the process they need done so I have to outsource it, and it's a RUSH order for Wednesday, so I'm relying on someone else to do the work while my name & reputation are on the line (they're very reliable, but still...). Does anyone else find this kind of thing so incredibly stressful that you'd probably chew your nails to the bone until the plaques were delivered and the client confirmed that everything was satisfactory? :eek: (or do I take my customer service a little too seriously? :p )

Sorry, I just needed to vent/scream a little, but I can't do it at home because the baby's asleep and the 5yr old would wonder what the heck is wrong with Mom. :o

BMDLuver
April 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Take a deep breath and relax. Don't get yourself into a tizzy. It will all come together, just breathe. Everone does this to themselves if they take their job and reputation seriously, you aren't alone!

Shamrock
April 25th, 2005, 03:01 PM
It'll be fine!!
That is great that you got this order! Course you're bound to feel nervous and apprehensive when you're relying on another, but try not to stress too much. It'll all work according to plan, you'll see! Good luck to you with this. :thumbs up

Writing4Fun
April 25th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks, folks! You're right, of course. I'm sure it'll be fine - really (where's the nail biting icon??). I'm just really new to this field, and so am feeling quite inadequate (there's sooooooo much I don't know!! :eek: ). You know the way it is. It was always the same when I worked in an office and got a new position - that period during the learning curve when I wasn't the resident expert was the absolute worst (I much prefer being the helpful one everyone goes to when they have questions)! :D

Princesss04
April 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Please do not hurl http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif everything will be fine! :D

kandy
April 25th, 2005, 05:25 PM
My husband owns a trophy shop - does awards and plaques of all kinds. Although I don't know a damn thing about it, if you have any specific questions, I could ask him for you. He does things for a couple of other award places that can't do laser engraving and he always does a fine job! Don't worry about outsourcing the things you need to, I am sure they'll be fine. :)