Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rip off!!!

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 05:00 PM
i don't know about you guys but last december me and hubby subscribed to roger's wireless couple plan with 6 months unlimited local calling and unlimited calling between the 2 phones.....guess what....i got a $500 bill and they said my unlimited local calling is up....its only april!!! december to april wouldnt be 6 months wont it???

They said 6 months.....hmmm.....what's this???

greaterdane
April 24th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I personally hate rogers with a passion! Working for 3 cell phone companies, I should have known not to enroll with them, but my sentence is up in June and I will run away when that day comes.

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 05:14 PM
you don't know how good it is to know that im not the only one that thinks like this mommy....whew!!! you too??? Why do they do this??? misleading people just to get their sales???? unfair!!! i was really shocked with my bill!!!

greaterdane
April 24th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I am shocked with my bill on a monthly basis. I signed up to get the free phone, well the darn thing broke in about 2 weeks, i had to go buy another phone, because they said they wouldnt replace it. They replaced a friend of mines because they said it was defective and they had a recall, but they would not replace mine. Well i am now on the cheapest plan they have and its still over $40 with all the service charges. I cant wait to switch, that and their customer service is horrible. If you want to call and rant, ask to speak to rententions. They can offer you all the free stuff to get you to stay.

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM
they have a retentions department??? hahahaha....seems like they're prepared for the worse....first time i heard a company has this...lol....you're case is not right....what i meant was....they should have replaced your phone with a service phone coz its still under warranty for 1 year right??? and i have been getting this (no number) calls every monrning and would just listen to my voice....some people says its their way of making money...im not sure.....i emailed them to be specific with my billing coz i want to know all the details...like all outgoing calls is shown....BUT incoming calls are just incoming....then they charge you...so how would we know if those calls are legitimate calls we made if they don't write who its from?>?? rip off!!!!

Mom, i only have 4 months subscription...but my plan is like good for 2 years.....i think i will pay if i cut it off....i feel like though....im so mad at them!!!!

Writing4Fun
April 24th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I used to be with Rogers :evil: - for cell phones as well as cable TV and high-speed internet. Very glad to be free of them! As if the rediculous bills weren't enough, and the internet constantly dying on me while I was working, and my TV cutting out at least once a week, the attitude from their customer service people was atrocious!

I'm with Bell now. Not that they're perfect, but I'm happier than I was with Rogers. My cell plan is a small business plan - the one where two phones can talk to each other unlimited. We also get free calls to one "home" number (it can be any number you want), 120 mins talk time, and a flat $0.30/mins after that regardless whether it's local or long distance. It costs me $85/month for both phones, and only goes over once in a blue moon when hubby's friends have been calling more than usual. Oh, and I'm not on a contract because I bought the phones outright instead of opting for the free ones. The reason I did that was because I wanted to be able to cancel any time without worry, and I had the money at the time to buy the phones (they were $150 each), but didn't know what the future would hold (financially speaking). Glad I went that route now that we're down to one income! :D

CyberKitten
April 24th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I have a plan with the local Maritime company (Aliant) - and after everything I have heardabout them - here too - I am glad I am with Aliant. Rogers has this horrible marketing strategy of calling people even in parts of the Maritimes where they have no service and offering people great gifts to sign up. Alas, unsuspecting people sign up and get bills even tho there is no service. And they have to try to get out of the contract which is really fraud!

It also irks me that they are not good corporate citizes and I bade my assessment of a company on that as well. They do not participate in hospital campaigns for example - nor other charities that I am aware of.

raingirl
April 24th, 2005, 07:37 PM
you know what is weird? I love Rogers. Never had a problem. For me, it was cheaper than telus, fido and bell. I also had Bell internet and like rogers better (it never dies on me!).

But then again, I don't have a home phone, so I get a good deal for my cell (I don't call a lot of people. Only people I call are my bf, my mom, my sister, and sometimes some friends). My BF and I have unlimited calling between each other, so I rack up 900 minutes a month with that, all free, and only pay $40 a month for it. Then I got cable and internet added, and it's all cheaper than it would be with bell for a home phone, internet, and cable with rogers.

Plus, the reception with rogers was way better than all the other companies I tried.

Also, I've never had a problem with customer service. I usually get through to someone in a few minutes, and emails always responded to in 24 hours or less.

Puppyluv, we signed up for the couples contract in dec. as well, and it was only 3 months the deal, not six months. It will be in your contract so pull it out. You can email a copy of the contract to their customer service and if you can proove it says 6 months, they should change it.

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
oh their service is not a question...its their billing....they got used to us paying $100 a month coz of international calls but i was just shocked that their 6 months unlimited calling which they had promoted last december and even now is not true???? well, i think only a few are unfortunate about this....but i have emailed them and will call them tomorrow to follow up this....this is crazy....i really called all cell companies before i decided on rogers but i am so disappointed that they did this to me....if the promo has ended by some reason i am not aware of..they should have sent a message on my cell stating that OR sent a written letter to let their clients know.

raingirl
April 24th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Do you have your contract handy? If you go to the Rogers website you can create an account, and view the deal you had there as well.

What did you think was the deal you got (just curious). I know the one they were promoting in December was unlimited calling between the two phones in the plan, and unlimited local calls for 3 months. We are both in Ontario, so it would have been the same deal. I never heard of a company offering unlimited calling (local and long distance) for 6 months.

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
6 months unlimited local calls...then unlimited calls between the 2 phones....funny coz my phone they say expired this month BUT my husband's phone expires july yet.....but they explained to me that its 6 months....i already have an account online and even signed up for paperless bill but still get my bill thru mail and can't view it online....its weird..

Safyre
April 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM
To the person who laughed that Rogers had a retention department: So do most phone companies *works for Bells Retention line*
I have NEVER had any problems with Rogers billing, they have always billed me correctly.
I did have a problem when i accidentally drowned my telephone and the sales agent told me I had to buy a brand new phone for over $300 or get a used one somewhere. At no time was I advised that I could have called the Customer Service number and gotten a new phone without changing my contract, because of how long I had been with them. Therefore, when renewal time came around, i called them 1 month in advance, told them I was not renewing with them, they offered me a brand new phone and 2 yr contract I said no and hung up on them. After about 5 calls within the next 3 weeks, I had EVERYTHING I wanted from them (the cell phone i wanted, price plan, contract length) because they want to keep customers.

Bell, i don't work for the mobility department, but I can say this: Never, EVER sign up with Bell Mobility. they are great with current customers, but new ones, they over charge. And thier billing system is still not completely fixed after 6 months of probems. They take advantage of inexperienced users to overcharge them, and it is disgusting.
Sorry for the length, feel very strongly about cell phone carriers

greaterdane
April 24th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I have worked for 3 cell phone carriers, Cingular, Nextel and Verizon. All of which are far better then Rogers. I am not even going to get into all the problems we have had with them including cable, internet and cell phone. My SO is glad to be rid of them, and I wont look back in June when they are gone. I have been with Telus before and loved them, the MIKE feature is brilliant. My step-father owns a construction company and bought them for his crew, they only pay $19 a month for the plan because they just use the MIKE feature. Telus is actually the Canadian off shoute of Nextel :) Rogers is connected with AT&T which is now affiliated with Cingular, this is why they have such great reception, they own the majority of the towers. I have to applaud Telus though, my parents were in the middle of the carabien, I had to go to the hospital and was able to reach them on the cell phone, in the middle of the open ocean. I was amazed!

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 09:03 PM
lol..safyre..didnt know that..lol

mommy.....telus had a promo once..switching from rogers to telus...1 year unlimited calling...i think....if i remember it right....

greaterdane
April 24th, 2005, 09:36 PM
The promo i remember with telus, was free service for a year, (limited) and a free phone, but you still have to pay the fee to cancel Rogers as well as give Telus your phone. Bell had a similar deal.

pupyluv668
April 25th, 2005, 01:16 PM
i called rogers today and complained to them about the bill i got....and they apologized....told them if i knew that i only had 4 months i would have transfered my landline to my apartment!! Since they gave me 6 months, i didnt bother doing that! So now, they extended my unlimited local calls to 7 months til july.....hmmm......that's better.....i thought i would argued a lot about this...i hate doing that....