Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Handicapped Lady in LaSalle Looking to Adopt

SOS MIOW
April 23rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
I received a call from another rescue group about a lady in Ville LaSalle who is looking to adopt 2 male cats (preferably siblings or 2 who get along and play well together). The lady is physically handicapped and lives in an apartment with her husband. She would prefer 2 cats around 2-4 years old (not kittens). She is a real cat lover and has had cats before (passed away due to illness or old age). If you have 2 males (indoor only) that would be suitable, plese PM me and I'll give you her name and phone number.

Lucky Rescue
April 23rd, 2005, 11:09 PM
Please check out Buzz & Woody (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14195) on this forum. Adult males, get along and are declawed.

SOS MIOW
April 23rd, 2005, 11:38 PM
Please check out Buzz & Woody (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14195) on this forum. Adult males, get along and are declawed.

BMD already PM'd about Buzz & Woody and I gave her the coordinates.

Thanks

Lucky Rescue
April 25th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Did anyone screen these people? They are NOT a suitable home.

Her last cat was killed because it had a urinary blockage and she could not afford treatment.

Now she wants more male cats and the same thing could happen to them.

SOS MIOW
April 25th, 2005, 04:18 PM
JH of CASCA screened the lady and gave me the lead. As I didn't have anything, I just passed on the info on the forum. I figured whoever could help her would do the final screening.

BMDLuver
April 25th, 2005, 04:40 PM
After a few conversations with them, I don't think that anyone should consider adopting a cat to them. Their parting words to me were "well, we'll just get another free one, that's what the last one was". Just another illustration of how disposable a free cat is to someone. :sad:

Lucky Rescue
April 25th, 2005, 06:00 PM
JH of CASCA screened the lady

OH.

We really must try and make the lives of the animals we rescue better, and not worse.

After a few conversations with them, I don't think that anyone should consider adopting a cat to them. Their parting words to me were "well, we'll just get another free one, that's what the last one was". Just another illustration of how disposable a free cat is to someone.

Perfect example of why I am always harping about adoption fees. These people refused to have their "free" cat treated at the vet.

IF anyone here gets a request for 2 adult males, please contact either BMDLuver or me, and we will provide the name of this person.

BMDLuver
April 25th, 2005, 06:38 PM
IF anyone here gets a request for 2 adult males, please contact either BMDLuver or me, and we will provide the name of this person.
They may just go after one for adoption now as they had no idea there would be a fee so they figure with 4 installments they can pay for one adoption fee or maybe two installments at two weeks apart. Cheques I might add. They suggested only taking one from me then as they couldn't afford two. So head's up rescuers.