Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

torture of greyhounds in spain

pollito
April 23rd, 2005, 05:05 PM
I was doing some research on bsl in spain, cause i was planning to there in a few years with my pitty, but what i stumbbled upon was just outrageous, i mean what kind of people would do that?

http://www.euroresidentes.com/Blogs/2004/11/torturous-lives-for-greyhounds-in.htm

http://animals.de.gs/

twodogsandacat
April 24th, 2005, 04:04 AM
I looked and I was shocked. When I started researching pits due to BSL I thought I had seen some gruesome pictures. To see that the gentle greyhound is also so cruelly treated made me sick to my stomach. Hopefully they can put a stop to this insanity. It sickens me that these dogs are seen as nothing more than disposable tools.

pollito
April 24th, 2005, 09:15 AM
I mean what kind of tradition is to hang a living breathing being on a tree to suffer? I just thought it was so cruel, just because yourd dog did bad this year in races or hunting, you would kill your dog? I mean what kind of a sick person you have to be to kill. I just don't understand their points of view :confused: if you kill your dog, your other dog will do better next year in races. ??

Beetlecat
April 24th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I just don't understand their points of view :confused: if you kill your dog, your other dog will do better next year in races. ??

Although racing greyhounds are not treated any better, these particular hounds are owned by farmers to hunt and they kill them after the hunting season. I expect it is so they do not have to feed/care them the rest of the time.

My question is just how plentiful are these dogs that they can kill so many every year. They must be dirt cheap. If they cost more, they would not be treated quite so bad, since the people would not want to have to buy more.

In a sense I can understand culling the bad hunters (remeber, these dogs are not considered as pets) but other than for religious reasons, it makes no sense to kill the good hunters too.

Shaykeija
April 24th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Tears and more tears.. Some people make me so sick. I am horrified and 2 seconds from being hysterical. :sorry: for all those poor beautiful dogs. :sad:

pupyluv668
April 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
how can people be cruel??? Can't the government put a stop to this? i mean....i don't know what i mean.....i have no words to describe how i feel now.....(sob)