Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More cat questions

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Spooks likes to jump up on counters. James and I hate it when he does it. He always knocks things over. Is there a way we can get him to stop.

And Morgan, seems to get very annoyed with Spooks. He always hogs the food ( spooks is a 16 pound cat ) and leaves her (morgan) with hardly anything left. Should I feed them in separate rooms? and should I put Spooks on a diet. When I took them to the vet last month, Spooks was overweight.

Lucky Rescue
April 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
To get cats to stop jumping on counters, first you make sure no food is left out.

You can get double-sided sticky tape and lay a few strips down on the counter. Cats hate anything sticking to their feet, so that should discourage him.

For the food, you may have to feed them separately to make sure both get the right amount.

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks Lucky. Being that both my sister and husband worked all day, the cats did whatever they wanted to do all day, so they never learned any manners. Although I am enjoying watching the cats for them, I will be happy when they go back with my sister. They are a handful.

chico2
April 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Lilith,what about Ferox(I believe that was his name)is he still with you???

kayla
April 23rd, 2005, 04:19 PM
I heard a good way to get them off counters is by putting something, like a cookie tray, half off the counter, then when then jump up on it it falls and makes a big crash and they will soon learn not to jump up anymore. Or put a container of water on the tray or something so it falls too. Booby trapping! Never tried doing it myself though.

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
Lilith,what about Ferox(I believe that was his name)is he still with you???

Vet said that he was in the wild for so long, that it would take ages to calm him down. Russ (our vet) had advised me, that with a baby, and Ferox still trying to attack when you would come within 10 feet, that it would be safest for everyone to put him back outside, but feed and water him daily. So we realsed him at my mom's house. SHe is way out in the country, so there aren't may vehicles around. And her and my sisters take care of him.