Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

is this normal?

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
my sister's cats don't like treats or canned food. Could the reason be that they were never given it as kittens? We have tried multiple things and all they do is walk away.

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
That could be the reason.I know Casper and Winnie are very picky when it comes to their treats.They put their nose up at the treats called Temptations.But they love the Techni-Cal one.Casper like to take it from my mouth..LOL..As for the canned,I have always started my cats on canned when they were kittens

Has your sister had them since they were kittens?

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Yes, Dannie has had them since they were able to leave their mother. Right now James and I are watching them for her for a while. My sister got promoted and had to move out of state, and couldn't find an apartment where they were allowed to have them, so Dannie and her husband asked us to watch them for a while. They are currently looking for a house to rent so they can have Spooks and Morgan back with them.

I know they must mean alot to Dannie. They don't have any kids, so the cats are like their children. And they paid over $200 to get them here.

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
What types of canned food have you tried?Have you tried anything with Salmon or Tuna in it?Or maybe you can try to put some on your finger and see if they will lick it off.That's if you haven't already tried that.... :)

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
We have tried every flavor of friskies, wiskas and 9 lives. They only show intrest in the firskies slices and gravy, and with that, they just lick off the gravy and leave the food........

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 03:13 PM
That sounds so much like my Calico Phoenix.She's at my dads.And she is a VERY picky eater.She does the same thing,licks the gravy and leaves the rest. :rolleyes:

How old are they?

Not sure what else I can suggest...Maybe Lucky can be more helpful.

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
They are both 2 years. Beautiful cats. Morgan is gray,tan and white, and Spooks is black with a white chest, tummy and 2 white toes on one foot.

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Awwwww.They do sound like beautiful cats......... :)

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
I will post pictures of them soon, hopefully. Digi cams batteries don't last that long :rolleyes:

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Definately post pics.... :thumbs up

I definately hear you about the batteries...lol

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
I got pictures up, forgot that I had some saved on the computer from when I emailed pictures to my sister