Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Uncle Monty

BoxerRescueMTL
April 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
Here is my darling Uncle Monty! I just took these pics and wanted to show them to everyone. He was found as a stray in Verdun in November. Noone ever claimed him from the SPCA, so he came to us as a foster. Then he decided to stay ;) He's around 7ish
http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/images/photos/gallery/944.jpg
http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/images/photos/gallery/943.jpg

BoxerRescueMTL
April 22nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
and one more...

http://www.boxerrescuequebec.com/images/photos/gallery/945-thumb.jpg

Prin
April 22nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
Wow those pics are incredible. Lucky you for "inheriting" such a handsome feller. You're his guardian angel for bringing him in. :)

BoxerRescueMTL
April 22nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
thanks Prin. he is really the angel. when we got him, he was full of tumors (benign) on his body and in his mouth. wherever he was, he definitely wasn't a priority, but after everything he's been through, he's the best dog ever. super well behaved and very "zen". besides his strong aversion for other dogs besides his "brother" (that took work,lol), he really is the coolest, calmest dog. we're super lucky to have him!

Prin
April 22nd, 2005, 06:15 PM
He's got those "Wisdom Whiskers" to prove it too.. I love it when doggies get a second chance to find out what a great life can be. All doggies can be happy and sweet and loving in the right home. I'm so glad this bugger got you. ;) I was going to make a "Full Monty" joke, but I am not creative enough. :) (Schwinn- that's your cue.. Gotta put you to the test.. :D )

BeagleMum
April 22nd, 2005, 06:53 PM
Boxer rescue: I noticed that you said Monty is a pitbull. Does he have boxer in him too? I just thought that he looked like a boxer more than a pitt. Just curious. :)

BoxerRescueMTL
April 22nd, 2005, 07:10 PM
hey Grover, chances are he is full amstaff but maybe has a 1/4 boxer in him-if that. because of his coloring he can be mistaken for a boxer or mix of, but if you saw his body, he is definitely not boxer. he is short and very thick. also, he has no jowls or wrinkles and his head is too round. his nose is quite a bit longer than a boxer also. i will try to find a pic of his whole body to post! if you saw his profile when he's panting in the sun, they way his mouth/jaw opens up in a "smile" you'd see the pittie in him clear as day.

he does look boxer in the pic where he's squishing up his face into wrinkles tho, lol.

BMDLuver
April 22nd, 2005, 07:24 PM
I say the first picture should be nominated for the pets.ca calendar if it flies this fall! He's adorable. You want to just hug him and squish him.

BoxerRescueMTL
April 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM
I say the first picture should be nominated for the pets.ca calendar if it flies this fall! He's adorable. You want to just hug him and squish him.

We would be soooo honoured! Imagine this: "Street dog turned super model"

lol, Chris and I actually spend all our time hugging and squishing him..hahaha..working from home is actually hard cuz all you want to do is hug your dogs all day.

Cactus Flower
April 22nd, 2005, 07:50 PM
I see boxer, too.

I vote the first pic in for the calendar, definitely!

Prin
April 22nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
I vote April or September. April is exam time and September is stressful, and I know I'll forget about it then on the first, I'll flip the page and there he'll be to keep me company in the hard months. Right now I have polar bears and man are they soothing.

meb999
April 22nd, 2005, 09:15 PM
having met Uncle Monty once, I can tell you guys that he's just as cute in person.... :angel: He's soo sweet, I vote for the first picture for the calendar, and I agree with Prin, it'd be great to have him on a stressfull month :p

chico2
April 23rd, 2005, 09:07 AM
That first pic of Monty is priceless..what a wonderful face :love:
I just love to read about dogs,getting a second chance at life....and love :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
April 23rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
I just love Uncle Monty!! He looks like a wonderful dog and both of you hit the jackpot.:) Maybe someone didn't feel like paying to have the tumours removed?

I see only boxer in him. Can you post a pic that shows how long his ears are?

BoxerRescueMTL
April 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/975-thumb.jpg
http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/977-thumb.jpg

BoxerRescueMTL
April 23rd, 2005, 10:33 AM
Here is a pic of a pure Amstaff, him and Monty look alike, no? When I got Monty, I wasn't sure what he was, lol. But the more I saw him, the more I was like this guy's not full boxer. And then my boxer breeder friends saw him and they were like...uh that's not a boxer, lol. I dunno, I say mix...http://amstaffmanchester.tripod.com/elviscouch.jpg

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 11:03 AM
What a handsome boy he is.

He is a mix.But I have to say I definately see Boxer in him big time.His ears are cropped to short for a Boxer.But I think it could have been done that way to make him look more like a Pit..JMHO

Lucky Rescue
April 23rd, 2005, 11:13 AM
Ahh! I lightened your last pic of Monty, and now it's possible to see that he is probably mixed. Whatever he is, he's precious!!:D

Cactus Flower
April 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
Probably a boxer/amstaff mix. That shorter snout and slightly upturned nose says boxer is definitely in there somewhere, in my opinion.

The pic you posted of the amstaff...yes they do look similar, except Monty is way cuter :p .

meb999
April 23rd, 2005, 04:19 PM
Probably a boxer/amstaff mix. That shorter snout and slightly upturned nose says boxer is definitely in there somewhere, in my opinion.

The pic you posted of the amstaff...yes they do look similar, except Monty is way cuter :p .

It's funny, when I first saw pictures of Monty (on Crystal's home-page) I told her I thought Monty looked WAY more boxer-ish then Pittie or staffie. But when I met him...I was like, WOW, he looks nothing like a boxer!!! He doesn't have the boxer butt-head and he's not lean and cut like boxer, he's more boxy like a staffie. JMO, but whatever he is, he's a charmer!!

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
The top picture here is my all-time favorite of Uncle Monty. I love it! :)