Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just a question

lilith_rizel
April 22nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
With the pit bull bans going on, what happens to the pitties that already have homes? Do the owners get to keep them, or are you forced to give them up? Poor things.

Luvmypit
April 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
They are grandfathered. We can keep them as long as they are registered by the time the ban comes in place. They have to be muzzled in public, and neutured/spayed.
The ones in shelters will be sent to be PTS or to research facilities because apparently they're still safe for lab technicians.

At the very least we can keep ours. I can't imagine them taking my dog away.

lilith_rizel
April 22nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Lab research! it is almost better for them to be pts. I am happy that you guys can all keep your pitties. But having to have them muzzled in public? I have never seen a vicious pit. Poodles are more scary then pitties are. ( my grandma had one that would always growl at kids, bark was worse than her bite though) I think what really should happen is that anyone wishing to adopt any breed of dog, should go through mandatory training, before adoption is concidered. And if there is a vicious dog, deal with him instead of banning an entire breed. You know how it is with the whole blonde thing, a few ditzy blondes git a bad rep for the rest, that is the same way it is with animals.

lilith_rizel
April 22nd, 2005, 01:07 PM
Also volunteer work at a shelter should be added! maybe 2 months work could waive half the adoption fee.

pitbulliest
April 22nd, 2005, 01:50 PM
from what I hear..the dogs in the shelters WON'T be sent to lab facilities but will instead be PTS..I myself consider this a better alternative than testing on the poor things..my gawd what has this ONTARIO come to? BEWARE OF ONTARIO..IT SUCKS AZZ!!! :mad:

mona_b
April 23rd, 2005, 09:08 AM
What is also going to happen is that any pups born 90 days after the ban will have to be put down...... :(

lilith_rizel
April 23rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
Ok, if they are going to PTS dogs, for biting a human, than the dogs should be allowed to PTS a human that hits them right?

LL1
April 23rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
I agree with you that I'd chose PTS over research,but where did you hear that they won't be sent?Some Ontario shelters have been selling dogs for research for many,many years.This is not new.
from what I hear..the dogs in the shelters WON'T be sent to lab facilities but will instead be PTS..I myself consider this a better alternative than testing on the poor things..my gawd what has this ONTARIO come to? BEWARE OF ONTARIO..IT SUCKS AZZ!!! :mad: