Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Inspiration for pit bull owners and/or those fighting BSL

Cactus Flower
April 22nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Hello, All!

I just got back from a four-day psychology conference, and have a story to share:

One of the presenters was a gal who uses animal therapy and educates people about its benefits.

She brought in her therapy dog, an adorable fellow named St. Francis, nicknamed "Frankie". Below you will see this remarkable pit bull.

Yes, pit bull.

This woman specifically chose to train a pit bull for many reasons, one being to make a statement about the true nature of this breed.

She works with homeless people, and says that they relate exceptionally well to the pit bull, as the homeless are accustomed to being judged negatively in a glance- as pit bulls are.

I spoke with her about BSL and we exchanged anti-BSL sentiments.
I also slobbered shamelessly all over Frankie. What a sweetheart!

I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures I took, but I did not want to interrupt her presentation by using a flash. She gave me permission to post them, along with information about Frankie's work in the field.

She will gladly share her and Frankie's story with anyone who wishes to use it and/or their images in the fight agains BSL. If you pm me, I will give you her contact information.

Cactus Flower
April 22nd, 2005, 01:12 PM

Cactus Flower
April 22nd, 2005, 01:13 PM

sammiec
April 22nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks for sharing that CF!

Lucky Rescue
April 22nd, 2005, 01:33 PM
Many pit bulls do therapy, SAR and drug sniffing duties!:)

Here is another one:
Scar Too (http://www.therealmartha.com/LPNs/)

Cactus Flower
April 22nd, 2005, 01:39 PM
Wonderful story, Lucky! Thanks for posting that link!

Prin
April 22nd, 2005, 01:53 PM
That's really great. Good pics too (I like the stretching one...) And yes we did notice you were gone... :p