Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Too *&%$ Early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freyja
April 22nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
Arghhhhhh!!!!!

Okay, I need help again!!! Lindy stopped sleeping in her kennel during the winter cause she was doing so well and slept beautifully on her bed. No problems until Spring sprung. The sun gets up earlier and earlier and so does Lindy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daylight savings bought me an hour but now it has been 6:42, 6:35, 6:28, 6:23......
I let her out to pee and then she barks and whines to come back in and then I let her in and she noses at my bed or lies down beside the bed and whines and moans and wags her tail against the bed and does this weird chewing sound so I have to check that she doesn't have anything she shouldn't......
I am going nuts!!!!!!!!!!!
What time does the sun rise in July!?!?!?!?

happycats
April 22nd, 2005, 09:19 AM
LOL. (sorry can't help it) LOL
I think the sun rises at about 5:00 am !! Don't feel bad I have a son who gets up with the sun too, so I have to get up with him! :rolleyes: Just a fact of life when you have small children and pets :p Just make an extra big pot of coffee !! :) And enjoy the WHOLE day. :D

Eleni
April 22nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
all my crittiers and kids wake at the crack of dawn too, we took advantage of the daylight savings time, but that only bought us a few sleep ins.

in our house its not uncommon for it to be zoo like come 5 am when all wildlife[including kids] want breakfast :)

I sympathise with you

Eleni

Lissa
April 22nd, 2005, 10:38 AM
I really feel for all of you!! I could not handle waking up that early! I'm lucky because unless my grand-mother is at home (who gets up at the crack of dawn) my cat will sleep indefinately! My dog on the other hand is so lazy and will sleep in until 10:00am if I let him! He can hold his bladder forever!!
My cat is only a problem when she KNOWS that someone is up and will let her outside - if I'm home alone, she knows there's no way I'll get up at 5:00am to let her out so she doesn't try (thankfully)!!
I hope you'll get to sleep in eventually!!
Melissa

snooks
April 22nd, 2005, 10:51 AM
:crazy: LOL I haven't slept in past 8 am since we got dogs. In our house if you move at all, that means its time to get up. Don't stretch, blink, scratch, or god forbid turn over when it is light out, because that means, its time for a walk and breakfast. :sad: Hubby and I take turns on the weekend getting up with the beasts

yviej
April 22nd, 2005, 11:24 AM
EUREKA !!!!

Thank you so much with this post. Now I finally knows why my puppy wakes up earlier and earlier in the morning. He used to wake up with me but now he's always waking up between 5:30 - 6:00am

Yeah ... ever since I got Papi, I never sleeps past 8am either.

BeagleMum
April 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
We have had Spencer since January and we have been the same way. Usually I would take him out to pee at 6:00am and he would let me go back to sleep until maybe 7:00. It really sucks on a Saturday morning. The worst thing is that during the week when we are getting up for work, I have to drag Spencer out of bed. I swear, he would sleep all day during the week if he could but as soon as it's my day to sleep in, he's up early.

I have to say though, I got to sleep in until 9:00am last Saturday. First time since January. It was great.

Prin
April 22nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry, I don't feel your pain... My doggies let me sleep till forever. We don't have a routine for them because I want that freedom. I'm a student and some days I don't have to wake up early. And they let me sleep.

But it can be a bad thing-- like today I had an appointment at 10 and my doggies let me sleep till noon. I think they even shut of the alarm. lol. (exam time... I think I got 9 hours of sleep in the past three days... Check the times of my posts lately... 11pm, 3am, 4am,8am... But yesterday was my last exam whooohoooo!!! Sorry... I got carried away)

I grew up in a house where routine was routine... With dogs, yes it's necessary, but I think lack of routine is also a routine. My doggies know they will go out and know they will be fed but they just don't know when. They never go past 10 hours without going out though. If I plan to sleep in, I bring them out at 4AM to be sure. It's 1PM now and it's only been 8 hours... We're going now though. ;) I like having a bit of forum with my breakfast... :party:

Rita
April 22nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
Our Merri always sleeps with us (usually right up against me or on my legs) and he gets up around 4:00am :crazy: He'll start walking all over us, licking our heads. As soon as I start paying any attention to him, Pippin and Sam normally join in as well :eek: Sam will curl up on my chest and start doing head butts on my chin .... and let's not forget the drool that comes with that :eek:
Hubby will get up around 4:30 to feed them then come back to bed. Weekdays we are usually up about 5:15 to get ready for work, but at least on weekends the Boyz will let us sleep in (after their 4:30am feeding) until around 8:00 :)

nymph
April 22nd, 2005, 03:23 PM
Wouldn't a really thick curtain solve your problem?

chico2
April 22nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
I have a nightshade on my bedroom window,since hubby sleeps in the daytime...keeps the room totally dark.
I got a chuckle from the head-butt thing,my Vinnie does exactly the same,I did not know he had that much strength in his little head :D
Usually if it is too early,I just put the cats out of the bed-room and close the door,so I can sleep until at least 6am.
We should not be sleeping late in the spring/summer anyway,spring/summer is soo short,why waste it in bed :crazy:
Mind you I don't have to go to work,which makes a difference I suppose...

kandy
April 22nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
My husband gets up at 5 every morning - weekday or not, so I've never had to worry about getting up that early. On the weekends, if I was sleeping longer than he thought I should, he would tell the dogs to go get me and I'd have two dogs jumping all over the bed - licking my face, etc. They normally wouldn't bother me unless he told them to, or if he left the house they would come and sleep with me!

Freyja
April 22nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Okay Prin,

Try being a midwife for having no routine! I can go to work at 1AM and be home at 6AM and then have the dog wake me up an hour later!! It is not me it is the sun!!

Yes, I went shopping today for a curtain with sun blocking backing!! Maybe she hears all the damn birds outside????

Prin
April 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
What a cool job you have!!! If you bring the doggy out when you get home, does she still wake you up?