Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Muppet Family Christmas

raingirl
April 20th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I know..not exactly the christmas time of year!

Anyway. anyone ever seen this? I love this special and like many people who watched the original on TV in the 80's (1987), I am apauled by the atrocity that many places are selling. I bought a VHS version in hopes to see the well loved show again again, but over 20 minutes of it was cut out, including some of the best scenes.

There are a few online petitions going on to get the original on VHS/DVD, and of course I can't find them right now.

Jim Henson Productions official take on it is this:

2. We just bought our family's favorite show [Muppet Family Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol, Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas]. We watched it for the first time and see that it has been edited. Why?

It is true that the recorded release of [Muppet Family Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol, Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas] is shorter than was the original broadcast special. The original agreement regarding some of the music for this special was for broadcast television only. Subsequently, when the show was re-released certain selections had to be removed.

Anyway, if you liked the show and want the original on tape/DVD, here is the address for Jim Henson Productions. Maybe if enough people request it, eventually one day it will be available for all of us.

Jim Henson Productions?
117 E. 69th Street
New York, NY 10021

Here is also an email page where you can send a comment

http://www.henson.com/company/fanform.html

BEAR_NZ
April 25th, 2005, 12:38 AM
how terrible that it has been so severly edited!!!it was fabulous!!! and we are big fans of it over here in NZ. Thank you so much for the address to write to, the more of us who write in, hopefully there will be a release of the original full length feature!!Long live the Muppets. (our momma cat is even called Muppet or Muppy for short in honour of the Muppet show!!!) :crazy:

melanie
April 27th, 2005, 06:00 PM
have you ever seen the NZ puppet show/movie called meet to Feebles....
bahahahahaha very funny and very successful, it has an adult rating so may be tricky to find, but definatly worth it :D surely bear NZ knows that one,

my fav part, when the elephants nose melts, bahahahahahaha.

BEAR_NZ
May 2nd, 2005, 12:39 AM
Yes... i remember Meet the Feebles from my university days.... hahahaha its a classic!! i think peter jackson the director of lord of the rings is the creator of it.....

melanie
May 2nd, 2005, 01:31 AM
yeah it was perter jackson in his early years, he also made a flick called 'bad taste' which was really in bad taste :D :p

NZ make some fabulous stuff (lived in NZ, morrinsville and hamilton for 6yrs as a kid and family are kiwi so i may jsut be biased :D )