Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Owners and Their Dog's Personality?

Contemplations
April 20th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Is it just me but do dogs (or pets in general) take on the traits of their owner?

My two dogs, Mimi and Pipi, act like my sister and me. Mimi (the younger one) acts like my younger sister. They both start fights and cause trouble for no reason. Pipi likes to lie around and do nothing (kind of like me.) They always chase eachother around the house and bark at eachother. They also nip and bite at eachother (playing...no real injuries). Yet they always team up together to pick on me. They always help eachother out in strange situations and they sleep curled up against eachother. Although my sister and I don't do that, we fight and somehow get along like them. >.<;;;;;;;

Princesss04
April 20th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I think that is very true. I think animals will take on things like thier owners. :D

Prin
April 20th, 2005, 04:49 PM
My big Boo is stubborn, smart, playful and Jemma is moody, crabby, independent, and protective. I'd say they're like us...

Daizy
April 21st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Yes, I was only thinking that this morning when Daisy was quite happy to be cosy in bed and joy the wonderful feeling of curling up in bed instead of getting up - so like me who hits snooze as many times as possible! There are other things too that we share similar things with.

raingirl
April 21st, 2005, 09:52 AM
i have a 50 lb dog on my lap...ug

odin in turning out more like my bf....

Writing4Fun
April 21st, 2005, 09:55 AM
Well, Phoebe is svelte, energetic, loves to run-run-run, is sweet and easy going. Ummm....no clue who she's taking after! Mind you, our last dog was exactly like that as well, so maybe she's Murphy's reincarnation! :love:

Copper'sMom
April 21st, 2005, 10:10 AM
i have a 50 lb dog on my lap...ug

odin in turning out more like my bf....

LMAO!!! good one raingirl!

raingirl
April 21st, 2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah. Odin spent a good 5 minutes trying to get on my lap on the computer chair. He's a little big for a lap dog, but tries anyway. Made it hard to type.

As I was saying, Odin is being more like my BF I think. They are both Nutty!!

Schwinn
April 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM
I don't know, Daisy usually lies around until someone gets her going, then she's as hyper as all heck. She runs around like an idiot, being a goofball, and she's completly lost if my wife isn't around...oh...wait...on second thought...good point...

Staciewells1
April 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the reverse were true and people took the personality traits of their pets? My Ellie is friendly and loving with everyone she meets (except cats, but, hey, no one's perfect), she loves my husband and me more than she loves even herself and the only thing she asks in return is a little attention (and maybe what's on my plate right now).

Schwinn
April 21st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the reverse were true and people took the personality traits of their pets?

Okay, I KNOW I'm not the only one thought about what dogs always do in front of company (though I'm probably one of the few who would admit it) :yuck:

Writing4Fun
April 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM
ROFLMAO @ Schwinn! No, I was actually thinking that, with my luck, I'd take after my cat instead of my dog and I'd wind up being cold & aloof and would only respond to people when they offer me food (oh, wait a minute...) :p

kandy
April 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
I think all of our dogs must take after my husband - they all like their belly scratched, food and lovin! Not necessarily in that order! They also do things that may not be appropriate for mixed company - just like my husband! LOL

Prin
April 21st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the reverse were true and people took the personality traits of their pets? If that happened, I'd be friends with bad bikers and guys with tatooed faces... (Boo LOVES those guys...)

doggy lover
April 22nd, 2005, 03:56 PM
I think Tucker takes after my daughter a spastic teenage blonde, and yes she was a cheerleader. LOL

SarahLynn123
April 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
Shadow is just like my bf, hyper, restless, and doesn't know when to stop eating. I always have to put my foot down!!!

Belle and I enjoy a nice walk in the sun and regular naps, and watching the other 2 play play play.

Works out quite well!

vivilee
April 22nd, 2005, 09:46 PM
My girl takes after my husband. She's a suck, scared of everything, hates being picked up, obedient when she feels like it, bratty most other times and super stubborn. She drives me nuts just like my husband.

My last dog was a lap dog, super sweet, affectionate, loving, super obedient but the only thing was he didn't love anyone else but me--everyone else could go to hell! I guess he took after me!

Cactus Flower
April 22nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
I only get girl doggies, so no real worries about their.....grooming habits......in front of company :p .

Yes, I think many dogs take on the traits of their owners. But I'm glad that there are exceptions. Think of all the owners out there that mistreat their animals, yet the animals don't turn into jerks themselves...