Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

goose bumpy story.....

pupyluv668
April 19th, 2005, 10:58 PM
this afternoon a friend of mine & i went for a cat hunt. She wanted a cat and heard that there was a man in our area (actually down the street where i live) who rescues stray cats and gives them to people who wants to adopt them. Well, anyways, we went there....place was empty..but a golden cat was looking out of the window...i said, "get that cat if he wants to give it away coz it's beautiful" so i knocked on the door....."hello!!!" no answer. i said well, might be out, let's come back later on our way home from the mall. And so we did! knocked again....no answer....cat was still there....looking at us....i decided to go around the back door coz he's an old man and might not hear well....knock....knock......NOTHING.....oh well, we'll go back here tomorrow then.....so i went home and did my business....then i got a call from a friend who goes walking everyday with her dog around the neighborhood...asked her if she knows the guy...she said yes she does and she sees him everyday.....except for the past 3 days....then my friend called again.....she said the house was dark...no one there...she was worried.....guess what...the thing that stuck to my mind was the strong stinkinng smell...i told it to her the first time she called that was why she went there to check herself.....i was right...it stinks there....she thinks something bad might have happened to him..like died??? when she said the word....i just screamed and did a moonwalk towards the wall back first.....and stayed there....geez!!! It scares mme to think that......but she wanted to wait til morning...i said you better go and call the cops....and well she was right...poor old man was in there....lifeless....feel so bad....she took the 5 cats to the humane society.... :(

CyberKitten
April 19th, 2005, 11:34 PM
That is sad but could you not still adopt this kitty though the Humane Society? Given the situation, these five cats will be pts if no one adopts them and they must be very traumatized.

pupyluv668
April 19th, 2005, 11:46 PM
i would love to cyber....but given the situation im in right now...i just smuggled my cat in this apartment....although i already volunteered at the humane society this afternoon that i can start fostering July 2005....got to get my yard pet friendly yet....my hubby has a garage and oh well...no comment....cars all over...so we cleared a area a little far from the house where he can dump all the cars that hasnt been paid for by the owners yet....lol....i feel so sorry for the cats though....but i feel they're in good hands at the shelter.....i fonly i could....i would.....my heart is mushy when it comes to this....

CyberKitten
April 19th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Ohhh! I see. Sorry to hear about your situation. Is this a no kill SPCA? Maybe you can foster one of them?

pupyluv668
April 20th, 2005, 12:33 AM
i don't really know yet coz i only signed up this afternoon when i brought my friend there. So far from the stories they tell me, i dont think they're the PTS type coz they have boarders there that has been there a long time....some are in foster homes...so that is what im looking forward to when i get home...start to foster....BUT you gave me a good idea!!! My in-laws won't have a cat once i get mine back when i go home. I'll ask them if they want one or maybe 2. one is an XL tabby and chubby baby too....although my friend says that they have traumas they had to chase them around to catch them at least they don't try to bite or claw you.......they are not that sociable yet....but they'll learn to adjust.

Prin
April 20th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Sounds like an episode of CSI... Very creepy...