Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

TVO segment on pitbulls

seeker
April 19th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Tomorrow april 20 on TVO . It was scheduled for tonight but was pre-empted because of the new Pope . It should be on around 8 pm , the show is called "personal or person to person ".

twodogsandacat
April 19th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I understand the program is a Studio 2 segment and it is on TV Ontario on Wednesday, April 20th at 8:00 p.m EST. It will be on again at 11:30 p.m. EST and then again Thursday at 2:30 p.m. EST.

seeker
April 20th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks 2dogs ,I couldn't think of the name and was too lazy to look it up when I posted ,too wrapped up with the Honda thing I guess.

Faceless
April 21st, 2005, 09:40 AM
Nice piece. Bryant looked like a puffy fool.

Schwinn
April 21st, 2005, 10:03 AM
Anybody care to give a quick synopsis? I didn't get a chance to see it.

Luvmypit
April 21st, 2005, 10:34 AM
Me too I totally forgot to watch. Please give me the rundown.

deerclan
April 21st, 2005, 11:46 AM
does anyone know if they are going to run this program again i would like to tape it

greaterdane
April 21st, 2005, 11:49 AM
Its supposed to be on today at 2 30

twodogsandacat
April 21st, 2005, 01:58 PM
Well it did show that the opposition was against it by showing four opposition MPP speakers presenting the petition. One started and then they switched to footage of another reading another section until they had it read it all. It was far more effective than showing just one MPP reading it as it seemed to show that many MPPs presented these petitions. Both Kormos and Hudak were in there I think.

They showed the NDP MPP (Horvath?) saying that all the experts were against it by picking up pieces of paper and saying something like ‘opposed’ with each piece of paper she picked up. Once again it was pretty effective.

They showed a vet saying that as irresponsible owners switch to breeds that may really have a higher tendency to be aggressive Ontario will most likely become less safe.

Bryant did look like an idiot as they kept cutting back to him throughout this. BTW he did look puffy. Comments he made such as “We won’t back down” probably showed that he had a bit of an attitude as it really came off as “we won’t back down even if we are wrong”. Overall he looked more like the bad guy here.

They showed some illegal puppies in Windsor and the brain dead owner who said he doesn’t care he will not neuter his dog. At first I thought it was bad but I guess it shows that some irresponsible owners are an issue.

They showed the Advocates and discussed the number of dogs put down.

They ended the story indicating that all the puppies shown in the previously shot footage had found homes.