Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggie Carrybag

maddoxies
April 19th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I bought one of those shoulder type bags where the dog can ride inside and their head sticks out. Valentin keeps jumping out of his (the leash inside is elastic, no help)

So I bought one of those gym bag type carry bags at Walmart ($25). We have had it one week and he has ripped the plastic mesh at one end. Does anyone have a suggestion for mending this and keeping him from doing it again? I have filed his nails, so they are not so sharp. The bag was not hugely expensive, but I don't want to have to buy one every week.

I thought of some vinyl (or even really heavy cardboard) as it is the end door that he attacks. Once that is barred to him, I am concerned that he will start on the side panels. He does this if he is left alone in the car for even two seconds. He will also try to claw at the mesh when I am with him.

With my knee (and proposed surgery) it is more convenient to transport him in the soft sided cage that lug around his Verikennel, especially for short hops around town. Does anybody have any ideas?

goldenblaze
April 19th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I have no answer for you just wanted to say he would look pretty cute in this carrybag I'm sure. Great idea if you can get him use to it :thumbs up

greaterdane
April 19th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I carry my two chis in the one bag I have, its an LV bag but it has metal mesh rather then the plastic and it also has hard sides. My other bags are more purse like then gym bag like and have harder sides as well. I know they have nice ones at Superpet right now, also Ebay has some nice ones as well.