Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Ate Turkey - Has Diarhea/straining To Poop

J-Angelo
May 26th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Hello:

We cooked a Jennie-O turkey breast the other night. We cleaned off most of the meat but left the remainder of the turkey breast on the kitchen table. Our 4-year old springer spaniel/lab got up on the kitchen table in the middle of the night and took the turkey breast into her dog cage. For the last couple of days, she has had diarhea-like poop (no blood) and now seems to be straining to poop. Does she probably have a blockage? I am not sure if she ate any bones (which I know would not be a could thing)? What advice or help can you offer me?

Stephanie
May 30th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Hi, Im not a vet or anything but my opinion on this matter is, she ate a turkey, her bowl movements will be different, my cat ate a bowl of kraft dinner i left and she had the runs too, it is just because of the food change if you know what i mean. Does she still have it now??? She probably didnt swallow the bones, dogs like to chew on them first, if youstill are worried about it them call your vet and ask but i think its just because she ate people food. Keep me posted!!!

J-Angelo
May 30th, 2003, 10:58 PM
I pulled some info off some websites after searching for diarhea in dogs. After making the dog fast for a day, we provided her with low residue food which as I understand doesn't make them go to the bathroom as soon. After a few days, she seems to be back to normal (bowel movement that is). She was always still lively the whole time. So I hoped I learned a lesson about leaving food out.

Thanks for your reply.;)

Stephanie
May 31st, 2003, 10:52 AM
welll im glad to hear she is ok now!!! :)