Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

infomertials

raingirl
April 19th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Anyone bought anything from an informertial that they really liked?

I bought one of those "wonder wash" small washing machine things. I love it! It's great for doing your handwashing and soaking things when you live in an apartment with little space.

Prin
April 19th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Wow, you're brave for admitting that in public :p . I haven't bought anything, but I thought about buying the Potato Stand for a friend of mine as a joke...

SarahLynn123
April 19th, 2005, 12:10 PM
I have to admit I bought the magic bullet. We use it all the time and I love it. Some things I still prefer to do by hand though.

happycats
April 19th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I bought the George Foreman grill :o
We love it and use it all winter long (Hate to bbq outside, to cold) !

Copper'sMom
April 19th, 2005, 12:45 PM
I bought a Foodsaver!!! And I absolutely love it!! I didn't buy it off of the tv though, I bought it from a store. But the infomercial definitely had me sold!

Prin
April 19th, 2005, 12:53 PM
You mean those infomertials!! I thought you mean the late night ones that sell you weird stuff.. I love the george foreman grill!! I don't have it though.

raingirl
April 19th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Yeah. I actually didn't buy mine off the TV either. I saw the infomertial years ago, but bought the washing machine when I moved out on my own. I wish I had bought it earlier as it would have been great for my university years!

Sneaky2006
April 19th, 2005, 01:08 PM
The only thing I've bought from an infomertial was the Ronco rotisserie and I love it! Although he has some things that I would never ever touch... like the spray on hair. :yuck:

Eleni
April 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM
ive never bought anything from an infomertial,

my mom bought one of those exercise ball things, but she hasnt got good balance

needless to say she never used it much and when she did she fell and bruised herself nicely. now when the kids come over she bounces them on it and they love it LOL

Eleni

CyberKitten
April 19th, 2005, 01:35 PM
NEVER! I hate infomercials - turn them off. (I have to admit I HAVE listened to those Time Life ones in the background - and have dled many of them but never bought them!)

Schwinn
April 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
It wasn't so much an infomercial (the half-hour kind), but I did buy an '80's CD from the TV once. It was one of my favourite CDs. Then I loaned it out. Now it's a former friends favourite...

SnowDancer
April 19th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Never! But rest assured, if you give it enough time, you will find many of the items at Canadian Tire with an "As Seen On TV" sticker on the box. Seeing the item in person made me glad I had not ordered it.

happycats
April 19th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Never! But rest assured, if you give it enough time, you will find many of the items at Canadian Tire with an "As Seen On TV" sticker on the box.
That's funny because we have a "As Seen On TV" store in the mall here !
LOL :D