Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

looking for a cat-loving roommate in montreal...

postal service
April 18th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,
First of all I just wanted to say that while I'm new here, I've been lurking for a little while and I think that most everyone on this site seems awesome. :) The advice and comments that I've read in many threads is really great - it's so nice to find a community of animal lovers!
Anyway, I am posting because my roommates are moving this summer (both are leaving town for university), so I need to find 1 or 2 new people to live with. I have one cat, she is a Sphynx but is NOT hypoallergenic, so I cannot accept anyone who suffers from allergies (the cat is here to stay, even if I have to live alone! :D). I can only accept female students (I will explain why if you are interested), and dogs are not allowed in my building. There is a good possibility of one cat being allowed (in addition to my own), but this will have to be cleared with the landlord. If you have a cat, it must be FIV/FELV negative. This is a quiet building, situated in downtown Montreal bordering Westmount. It is near Concordia (5-6 min walk), McGill (10-15 min walk), Dawson (5-6min walk) and Marianopolis (1 min walk). There are busses to each school and to Guy-Concordia and Atwater metro stations (5-6 min walk) that pass often. It's a great location for only $295/month everything included except phone line (heat, electricity, internet, cable, stove, fridge, washer, dryer).
I am a 19 year old female student - I'm outgoing, openminded, and laid-back but I need a generally quiet study environment (music/tv/conversation at reasonable levels is certainly ok, waking me up at 4am is not). There is an 11pm noise level curfew in the building, but as long as your radio or tv is not bothering anyone after that point it's fine. This is not a good place for someone who wants to go out late alot, or have lots of people over. But if you are a student who is reasonably quiet and likes cats, this could be perfect for you! Please PM me if you are interested and I will be happy to answer any questions.
Sorry for the long post!

Prin
April 19th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Post your ad on Concordia's student union website. You'll find someone quick.
http://hojo.csu.qc.ca/

postal service
April 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Thank you, Prin! I will post there and hopefully I'll find someone who is suitable. I'm just a little scared because my friend told me about how he caught one of his old roommates abusing his cat! I will be sure to specify in my ad that the person must be an animal lover.

Prin
April 19th, 2005, 07:19 PM
If they have their own pet of some sort, you'd know for sure... :)