Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anybody got any ghost tales?

Luvmypit
April 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I am fascinated with ghosts and got this idea from the other thread. Sorry for those of you deathly afraid of ghosts. I just thought this would be fun.
Anybody have any weird tales?
Do you believe in Ghosts?
Spirits?

Getting campfire ready and marshmellows are a roastin......

Shamrock
April 18th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Luvmypit, a very intriquing topic!
Have lived in one or two homes growing up that were a bit creepy... but were they haunted? Probably not. ;)
We moved into one old home where an elderly lady had resided in,home sold when she passed on.
Though the house was vacant, for some reason her shoes were still in the closet. Oh how that creeped my sister and I out.. we always felt that was the "haunted house".
The basement was unfinished, a dirt floor, and had spiders the size of your fist..omg.. We would NEVER go down there........

Writing4Fun
April 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Yes, one.

I used to (like, 10 years ago) go to a dude ranch in upstate NY once a year with fellow employees for a week-end getaway.

I woke up quite suddenly very early one morning. As I lay in bed, I saw - quite clearly - a woman with long brown hair, wearing a red gown, standing at the window looking out. I remember thinking, "Gee, I must be dreaming." But you don't generally think you're dreaming when you are dreaming, so after a few minutes of staring at this woman, I realized that I was in fact awake. I blinked several times, thinking my eyes were still adjusting to the early morning light, but she was still there. I propped myself up on an elbow. Then she turned and walked into the next cabin (there was a door connecting the rooms, but it had been blocked off and was never used).

SarahLynn123
April 18th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Yep a few,

My sister and I are being babysat while my parents were out one night and apparently (I am too young to remember) she was reading us a story and there was scratching at the end of the bed, well she looks over to see and its a transparent women with her pajama's on and she kept saying "sorry wrong person" over and over again. My babysitter took her into the living room and said she could see bends in the couch eventually she left and my parents slept with the light on for months thinking she was looking for them.

I have a couple but this one really scared me, I was at my aunts house on a farm and she has 4 or 5 floors. The basement has sunk into the ground covering the door down there. I was trying to fall asleep and I heard a knocking on the door. eeek. I cuddled my poor sister until she could barely breeth. Of course I could have been half awake/half asleep and it had been something I dreamt, who knows though.

Luvmypit
April 18th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Great stories!
I know of some stories but nothing I have ever experienced myself. Anyone ever watch that Most Haunted show on the womens network. I cant watch that though when no one home. Freaks me out.

dmc123
April 18th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Here's a neat site someone sent me a week or so ago. You can find stories of haunted places by state, and country by country.

http://theshadowlands.net/places/

Diane

Prin
April 18th, 2005, 06:01 PM
I don't know if this counts, but I believe in "animism", where everything has a soul. I have believed it since I was little. It's not really ghosty, but it's spirity...?

glasslass
April 18th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Only time I ever got freaked out was when I was a small child staying at an uncle's hunting cabin. I was sleeping in the living room with my cousin beneath a mounted deer head. That head really bothered me. I woke up just sure I was hearing something and of course that it was the head. Knowing my older brother, it was probably him, but I was terrified.

lezzpezz
April 18th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Very scary indeed! I work with a lady who seems to sense spiritual things and has had a few family-type ghosty situations happen to her.

Her mother passed away a number of years back. Her son was born after the fact, therefore had never met his grandmother. He was having trouble sleeping as his grandmother kept coming to him and waking him up by standing over his bed watchfully. He was never scared and would tell his mother the next day about the old woman guarding him and talking to him. By his discription, my co-worker knew it was her deceased mother. One night, she decided to check in on her son, as she heard him talking instead of sleeping. Lo and behold, she saw the spectre too! A few days later, her son went out to play with a buddy and was on the boulevard when a car came up and tried to intice the boys inside, but the spectre came to mom and she ran to the window, saw what was happening and she and her husband ran outside yelling at the kids, the driver and everyone else within earshot and the car sped off without the children. WHEW! She managed to get a partial plate # and a fair description of the car. The car and driver were never located, but the kids were safe, thanks to the intervention of Grandma!

Karin
April 18th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Not a tale but...

My best friend was killed in a plane crash August 28, 1982. I ran the Williston, Fl airport where Pam was based at the time. Pam was a physical therapist clinic owner. Pam's father had died earlier that year and she was making many trips in her C-310Q twin back and forth between home and Lakeland/Minoqua WI. to the airport her father had owned, (now named after him, Noble Lee airport). I made the trip with her a few times to share in the duties, it's 9.5 hours, but I could not go this time. I fueled and serviced N7466Q and had her ready to go that sunday morning. Pam & her boyfriend left at 7:30 am with one stop for fuel at Chicago Heights.
At 9 pm that night I could not go home...it was very strange and peaceful, over whelming serenity. A flight instructor was there too, also a good friend of Pam's...he was going through the same thing..15 minutes apart we both saw Pam outside and spoke with her, she said "It's all right, I'm okay". Both of us heard the same thing at different times.
The next morning we learned Pam had crashed hunting the airport, she flew into the ground and was killed instantly, her boyfriend survived, he was thrown into the treetops as the plane cartwheeled through the trees.
At 9pm est.

Safyre
April 18th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Oooh, ghost stories, very fun. anyone on here ever been to Lucan? hehe

my own ghost stories
Uncle Sam!
We set a seat for him every Christmas when i was younger, and he would walk up the front porch, and come have a seat with us. Could see the fork and spoon lifting. We all knewi t was uncle sam. always loved my grandma's christmas party.
Somehow ,most of my ghost stories are from my grandma's 100 + home.
Me, my brother, and my cousin all had the same night mare when sleeping in the guest bedroom of my grandmothers home.
We had a dream of seeing an older man, in 20's style clothing, standing over a women with a gunshot through her stomach, blood smeared over her right side, wearing one of those old white pajama shirts. When he noticed us looking ,he came after us. I swear, i woke up to the bed shaking. Never did research to see if anyone died in that room. On a weird note, it hasn't happened since they renovated the home

Sneaky2006
April 19th, 2005, 07:13 AM
What a fun thread!!
I believe in ghosts, definitely! I have had a few weird things happen in the family... not actually seeing a ghost though.

First, when my mom oversleeps in the morning, or her alarm doesn't go off (power goes out due to storm, or whatever reason) her mother 'calls her' to wake up... she knows it's her because she calls her Merley, my mom's name is Merle and she HATES to be called Merley and her mom knows it, yet always called her that anyway.
If that happened to me, I would NOT be getting out of bed!

One more for now... at my sister's old house one day, all kids went off to school and the parents to work... my sister has these very old life size dolls in her closet from when she was a kid... when my sister got home (the first one home) she went into her bedroom and the dolls were set up around her bed (standing against it) as if someone were just playing with them.
My sister left them out after that first time to see if they would be 'played with' and it happened once more, they were rearranged, then never again.

melanie
April 27th, 2005, 05:41 PM
oh crap, whay did i read this thread, now im all paraniod, (yeah good one ppl) as you know im a big woose and am very scared of ghosts. ahhhh now i have to hang around doing house work on my own, thank god charlie si here.

yes my little ghost buster, i know i told you b4, but for those who did not see it, i was always told that if a ghost is present an animal or dog will have a violent reaction, it freaks them out. so i always send little charlie into a room first, any reaction and where out of here. :D

when i was a little girl i became obsessed with hallways/corridors, i was convinced that all the spirits were watching down the hallway, i would sit at the end where my partents were watching tv and i would make faces at the ghosts taunting them, i still catch myself screwing up my face when i look down a dark hallway, oh just tooo grose and creepy.

dam wwell wish me luuck for the day, and hope no poltergeist takes me away or kills me with the bookshelf in the hall. mel calls " charlie, come here charlie" :D

melanie
April 27th, 2005, 05:52 PM
oh oh oh, i just remembered a good ghost story.

10yrs ago i was studying in the australian desert, a place called 'Mootwingee (muut-a-whinge-ee) National Park'. it is one of the few parks owned by its traditional people (aboriginal ppl). when we arrived we were told by a ranger that woman should not be out after 11pm, especially not alone. the spirits of the old ppl did not approve of such behaviour and were known to harrass girls out at night to make them go home, no one wants to make the spirits of the old ppl angry, esp not me.

it was a still night, not a breeze or single animal in site. anyway i was drinking with a female friend that night, we had a few too many beers and were sitting around the camp fire chatting

i asked her the time and she said 11pm, we both instantly remembered what we had been told.

i looked at her and mentioned going to bed, as i did this a strong wind ripped up, it was a huge gale and what sounded like hundreds of cockatoos started screeching in the night, it was instant and oh so strong. we ran for the tent and dived in, within 5 minutes the wind had stopped and all was quiet again, we never went out again till dawn.

in that same place we were in the shower block one day, it was a known site for massacre (mass slaughter of aboriginal men woman and children by white man). we both heard little children giggling and the sound of pitter patter feet, when we exited the building no child could be found anywhere on site and no one had seen any, i think the kids killed there were just playing with us.

i often feel the little aboriginal children and woman in the bush. i can feel the (i use feel but its an odd sensation) little ones running and giggleing and their mothers chasing after them chastising them. its a beautiful feeling and brings so much peace to me and lessens the guilt i feel over the actions of my forefathers..

ps- im afraid of ghosts, but not that terrified of the spirits of the old ones. to me there is a big diff, a ghost is a tramatised and lost spirit, the old ones are the keepers of the land, life and time, well i feel its a difference anyway, they have different purposes. i know if i am good and look after the land they wont hurt me, so that is very comforting.

kandy
April 27th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I've never seen a ghost, but I do believe in them.

I did have a really weird experience with a seance once (will never go near one again). In my early teenage years, a bunch of my friends and I thought it would be fun to have a seance. We lit a candle and all sat around it, asking any spirits in the area to come and talk to us. We told the spirits that we would ask yes or no questions and if yes, make flame higher, if no, make it lower. We started asking it stupid questions, just kid stuff. Then I asked about my birth father who was killed in a car wreck in 69. He was a wife beater and an alcoholic. I asked if he went to heaven and I swear the flame nearly died - someone else asked if he was in hell and the flame jumped to about 4 inches. It scared the hell out of me and I ran from the room screaming. It was probably one of the other girls blowing on the flame or something (they all swore they didn't do anything), but it freaked me out!!

Schwinn
April 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Safyre, there's a house on Grand Avenue, on the east end, behind the gas station near the storage place. The address used to be 666 Grand Avenue when the house was abandoned. I remember one night talking about supernatural stuff (I've got a million stories for another thread on that topic...dreaming about putting out a fire, waking up the next day and finding out the place I dreamt about burnt down, dreamt about a car rolling over, finding out the next day it happened a couple of blocks from my house) and these girls I just met said, "Oh, we have to take him to 666 Grand!". We went through the house, and everything was fine, but they said there was one room people were afraid to go in, and wondered if I would feel anything. It was a small closet, and I remember going in and it was chilly, and I did get a strange feeling. Since I've moved away from Chatham, the house has been bought and renovated, so I don't even know if the address is the same.

Also, once when my sister and I were little, my aunt was babysitting us. We lived in my grandparents house, and the house was about 100 years old. We were lying awake in the same bed, goofing around as kids do. Suddenly, on the back of the door, a stick figure glowed on and off a few times. It looked like one of those drawings you see in caves. Never figured that one out.

When I was a teenager, my friends and I got into the Ouija board. After a while, I was able to use it by myself (no one believed me, of course. Figured I was moving it). I also remember one time concentrating on a question while two other people were using it, and I was behind them. When the pointer started moving, they started asking each other who asked a question. When it gave the answer, it was to the question I was concentrating on. Freaked them right out when I told them what I asked.

Luvmypit
April 28th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I can't believe I didn't remember this. When you said Ouija I remembered.
My friend used to say he thought his house was haunted. His mom had made him a ouija board out of wood. Very old thing from when he was a kid. 4 of us sat down on his basement floor. I still blame them for it moving. We asked if there were any ghosts. YES. Then we asked Boy or girl. B. Thats the point when everyone accuses everyone else of moving it. We continued on and the boy said his age.. Dont remeber but it was a young child...We asked him if he knows who lives here. He said J. Joe was the fathers name. Asked if he liked J and he said no. We then asked if he liked Steve (friend that lives there) he said Yes. Anyways that was that and that was my first ouija experience. I know for a fact there was more but for some reason i can't remember. The kicker was that after wards we went upstairs and went swimming in there pool. One of my friends kids ended up coming over. She was about 4 and wanted a pop and her mom sent her to the downstairs fridge. She came up saying that a little boy downstairs wanted to play with her. We all just looked at eachother. Asked her what he looked like and what did he say and where was he? She said as if nothing oh I dont know he was just standing there and asked if I would like to play. So non chalently. Needless to say the kid was ok with it but we were spooked from the seance we had about 2 hours earlier. I mean it could have been anything and the weird thing is we all kind of forgot about it afterwards. I had slept in that basement many times afterwards always weary but felt comfortable.
I think i will make my own ouija board.