Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A beautiful way to remember a lost friend

Ghullums_mom
April 17th, 2005, 03:36 PM
It always sucks when our pets die. its not just losing a pet, weve also lost our best friends. When my ghullum is gone, i wont burry her. no way. Cremation is a way to keep a piece of them. Now you can keep their ashes in a way that is unobvious to the naked eye. Southwest Segments can give you a beautiful segmented bowl, made up of hundreds of little piece of every kind of wood you can imagine. These bowls not only work as urns, but also can be used as beautiful accents for your home.

www.southwestsegments.com

no i feel i have to appologize for my commercial. i just thought you might enjoy it

Karin
April 17th, 2005, 05:36 PM
There is also a new company that will compress your departed loved one's ashes, (human or animal) into a diamond. Diamonds are forever too.

Karin
April 17th, 2005, 06:01 PM
...a broken heart. Many of the vet's I know use the Morris Foundation.

Please take some time to read about this wonderful organization. Check out www.morrisanimalfoundation.org. You can can make a memorial gift donation for any friend or family who has lost a loved one.
When Ciara is gone, they will be hearing from me again.

Karin
April 17th, 2005, 06:44 PM
This does cost big $$$'s...money is not an issue But!, This is not for me. I know some who have gone this route (what ever gives them peace.) And I am not saying this is wrong.
I do find it soothing to see what great lengths people will go for their so very much loved pets.

I know Ciara would not want to have me this way...www.petpreservations.com.

Ghullums_mom
April 17th, 2005, 10:30 PM
i love the diamond idea! yeouch! i was just helpin the in-laws thing. they make em and i pimp them. im kidding.

doggy lover
April 18th, 2005, 07:20 PM
There are some painters that I heard will paint your pet or otherwise ashes in a protrait of them.

twodogsandacat
April 18th, 2005, 10:30 PM
This does cost big $$$'s...money is not an issue But!, This is not for me. I know some who have gone this route (what ever gives them peace.) And I am not saying this is wrong.
I do find it soothing to see what great lengths people will go for their so very much loved pets.

I know Ciara would not want to have me this way...www.petpreservations.com.

That's a little too creepy for me. I'll take their leashes with me and have our ashes scattered together.

doggy lover
April 22nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
This is what my kids did for my last dog that passed away last year, mind you not everyone can have them in their back yard.

nymph
April 22nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
I would probably just bury my pet in my backyard and plant a tree and make a donation to local HS in his name...oh I don't even want to think about it now.

kandy
April 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
When my mom's Rotti died, she had her cremated but then we buried her with my dad. It's illegal as hell, but my dad and the Rott were inseperable. My dad died of a massive heart attack in the kitchen and the dog never left his side until he was found. In fact, we had to lock her in a bedroom so that the coroner could take my dad's body away. When she passed away of bone cancer a few years later, we dug a little hole in the head of my dad's grave and dumped her ashes in so that she could be with him forever. We had lookouts posted all over the cemetary so that we wouldn't get caught! ;)

You can't get anyone around here to cremate pets anymore. The closest place is in Salt Lake City, Utah.