Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm concerned about my cat's recent behavior

krissyannie
April 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Hello! I'm new to your site, Im hoping someone can help me. I noticed at 4am this morning that my cat, Sheila was acting funny. It actually woke me up. Her head was jerking around (she seemed to have no control over it) and there was drool coming from her mouth. I have also since noticed alot of mucus in the corner of her eyes. Is this a seizure? I don't know what to do for her and I am concerned. She is about 12 years old and has never done this before. She also would not eat anything today. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give. I called the Vet - he said she is probably not in pain and that he had no openings today. He said he cannot say for sure what I can do because he doesn't know what it is. He told me to call back on Monday if it is still happening - but I am still very worried for her.

Thank you!

badger
April 16th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Take her to a vet ASAP. If she stops eating or drinking for more than a day or two, she's in trouble right there. The fact that you came to this board means that something tells you your vet is not getting it and/or is a fool. You're correct - she needs to be seen immediately!

SnowDancer
April 16th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Emergency vet.

Prin
April 17th, 2005, 03:07 AM
AHHH!!! Go to the vet!! Why on earth would your vet tell you to wait till Monday???!?!? Go the emergency vet!!

CyberKitten
April 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM
At the risk of duplicating, get her to an emergency vet RIGHT NOW!!

Princesss04
April 19th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Please get this little girl to the vet ASAP! Let us know what the vet says.

K9-Advantix
April 24th, 2005, 01:40 AM
That sounds ALMOST what are cat Jerzee did when she ate a pousinues plant, She dident swing her head uncontroalbly, But she did drool and she dident whant to move, Take her now!

chico2
April 24th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Seizures,can mean a lot of things,the most serious,poisoning....together with not eating,it is an emergency call.. :sad: