Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

USA help!

raingirl
April 15th, 2005, 06:11 PM
OK. a few questions please! My sister is going to Chicago for a week, and has offered to pick up a few things for me.

One...does anyone who lives in the USA know if you can get Lime Malibu Rum there?? If so, where??

Two...I love Bath and Body Works stuff. Is there anything from their product lines you could recommend. I'm getting some of the hand soaps and antibacterial gels, and some face lotion, but am willing to take other suggestions.

Sneaky2006
April 15th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I'm in PA, so I don't know if this will help or not...
We have the brand Malibu, don't know if we have a lime or not.
I love sweet pea line of Bath & Body Works, the lotion especially! The sweet pea smells great but is not overpowering like other scents.

raingirl
April 15th, 2005, 10:46 PM
I like the sweet pea too. I'm getting the hand wash. I also like the white tea line reducing serum. My sis and mom both brought me back a bunch of samples the last time they were in the USA. I like the cocoa lotion too.

We have Malibu here too...but not the lime flavour. Only place I ever saw it was Antigua and Florida.

Princesss04
April 15th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Okay I love Bath and Body Works. I love the sweet pea the moonlight path there vanilla bean. I like about all they have there. I love there new shampoos and foot stuff. I use all there lotions and body sprays. Anytime you need some I can get it for you and send it to you. :D

heidiho
April 15th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Defintely the Victorias Secret on Michigan ave,there perfume,Breathless & Angels,Heavnley are the best smelling perfumes ever,i get so so many compliments when i wear them...............

Prin
April 15th, 2005, 11:24 PM
That is the only thing that makes living in the States better than Canada-- Victoria's Secret!!! Their bras are like nothing they sell in Canada. For the price (even with shipping and conversion) and the comfort-- they're CRAZY. And they last too (not the angels ones though- I have had trouble with mine, but the rest are GREAT) Sorry for hijacking but I've converted all my friends to Body and I will continue on my mission to convert more!!

heidiho
April 16th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Victorias secret rules,there perfume is the best..I also got satin pink pillow shams,love them........

Prin
April 16th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Personally, I love the "Very Sexy" bras with the jelly. They make you have things you normally wouldn't.... The "Body" bras are the most comfortable bras ever. Really, EVER. Especially for normally big chested women (up to DD).

Nuff said.

Princesss04
April 16th, 2005, 09:47 AM
I love Victoria Secerets! :D

Bearsmom
April 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
I stock up on Bath and Body Works "Country Apple" or "Plumeria" skin cream.
It's yummy. Can't wait till they get a store here.

raingirl
April 21st, 2005, 10:39 AM
They have Plumeria skin cream??? Wish I knew that earlier!!

My avatar is a pic of a Plumeria. I grow them!

Princesss04
April 21st, 2005, 10:51 AM
Oh Raigirl there Plumeria lotion and body spray is wonderful! Justin loves it! Chino thinks he always has to lick it when I put it on so he must like it as well. :D

raingirl
April 21st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Darn. and my sister called me last night from Chicago and I missed her call! And I don't know her hotel number to call her back!!

Princesss04
April 21st, 2005, 11:11 AM
She will probably call again before she leaves. You all do not have a Bath and Body where you are at? :D I would be so lost! :D

raingirl
April 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM
Not in Canada. I wish we did though!! No victoria's secret either...I have to admit though, Victoria's secret bras don't fit me all that well (I was unfortunately blessed with a rather...voluptuous bossom) so there's no loss there for me. Wonderbra works fine for me!

Maybe one day they will come here...

Bearsmom
April 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM
The plumeria one smells yummy, and it's a nice thick skin cream (being as I have lizard skin).

Seriously didn't know a plumeria was a flower-not a wasted day, I learned something!!!!

lilith_rizel
April 21st, 2005, 02:11 PM
The Victoria Secrets is great. I love the way it feels more like a powder! And you can feel it for hours and hours after the application. Way to expensive to buy on a one person income though. :(

Rita
April 21st, 2005, 02:26 PM
I love the Bath and Bodyworks products :love: Would love to see them open one in Canada .... actually, one in Ottawa would be ideal :p
I haven't been to one in a couple of years so I don't know if they still carry them or not, but I love their body sprays .... Moonlight Path is my fave :thumbs up

Sneaky2006
April 21st, 2005, 02:26 PM
You guys have plumeria lotion and stuff at your Bath & Body Works??? That's really odd... we used to, but now we don't, not sure why.

I don't use that kind but the reason I know we don't have it anymore is a funny one.
My MIL loves the plumeria but B&B doesn't carry it anymore, so she found some at a flea market and snatched it up.
She went home and put it on her neck right away (her neck has dry skin) and 20 minutes later her neck is burning and itching like you wouldn't believe.
The next day we went to her house and she asked me if I wanted the whole bottle because it apparently doesn't agree with her anymore, her neck is the color of lobster, BTW.

I looked at the bottle as soon as she handed it to me, it's body WASH, not lotion.
No wonder her neck was itching and burning, she was rubbing soap into it, dry. Weirdo!

Princesss04
April 21st, 2005, 02:50 PM
LOL Sneaky that is funny! I am laughing at your moms neck expense. LOL :D :D

Princesss04
April 21st, 2005, 02:50 PM
Oh Rita I love Moonlight Path as well! Smells so good! :D