Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can anyone help?

canine14
April 15th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I just found this on leuleu ... don't get me started on the stupidity of people although maybe this ad is from someone trying to help ... who knows.

CHIOT (4/15/05)
DESCRIPTION:

fox croiser male et femelle 6 mois pas operer 150$/2 region lanaudiere faite vite sinon spca demain ou echnage contre chien hyppoalergique

Trinitie
April 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM
My French is a little rusty. Can someone tell me what it says?

Writing4Fun
April 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Oh, come on! :mad: (not at you, Trinitie - at the person who took out this rediculous ad!)

Loosely translated:
(presuming they mean fox terrier) cross, male and female, 6 months old, not spayed/neutered, 150$/2, lanaudiere region, hurry or else they'll go to the SPCA tomorrow, or will exchange for a hypoallergenic dog.

Trinitie
April 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM
LOL - it's ok if it was meant at me. I can take it! :sad:

At any rate, that doesn't sound like a "I want to help" type of post. It sounds like an ulimatum type of post. "help me or I'll harm the dog".

CyberKitten
April 15th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I guess the person who placed the ad does not understand there is no such entity as a hypoallergenic dog. Gawd! That qualifies as abuse in my book - give me $150 or I'll go to the SPCA. (I mean, unless she finds someone as stupid as her, she won't be exchanging this animal who is unfortunate to have fallen into her grasp!)

canine14
April 15th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Loosely translated, the email address is "little ones refuge" at hotmail.com. This is why I think that whoever placed the ad is trying to act as a mediator or helper to the dumb individual who wants to get rid of his dogs or exchange them. I doubt the dumb individual would be creative enough himself to register a hotmail address like "little ones refuge" when he obviously treats animals no better than trash.

Writing4Fun
April 15th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize the e-mail belonged with the ad - I thought it was who to call if we could help these poor dogs.

Well, on the bright side, if they end up at the "right" SPCA, at least they'll be speutered before being adopted out, and the idiot who's giving them up won't profit from it! (Happy thoughts, people! :D )

meb999
April 16th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Why someone would put up an intact male AND female for adoption is just beyond me...150$ is a great deal for a byb or puppymiller... :sad: