Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Einstein's surgery went very well

Heinz57
April 15th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I had no sleep Wednesday night, he whined quietly off and on. Of course I woke up like he was a newborn crying. Took him downstairs where he's used to sleeping and curled up with a blanket. He still wasn't happy until he went in his kennel. Sigh, he finally got comfy with the cone and slept at 5 am. Oh joy, 1 FULL hour of sleep before hubby and kids got up for work/school. Yay Calgary for snow in April, had to wrap his back legs in saran wrap to keep the bandages from the dew claw removal dry all day, in and out. Einstein found this a great time to "forget" sit and stay, thankfully I'm well practised at applying plastic bags and saran wrap to leg and foot bandages :D . Oh, gotta love a large pup wearing a cone now safely edged with layers of duct tape :crazy: . Of course he's all shaved and has a beautiful pink belly. He's such a good boy, wouldn't mess in the house, went out asap.

Heinz57
April 15th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I'm so happy he's back to being playful and chewing. I can see that mischeivous glint again!!

SnowDancer
April 15th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Hope he feels better soon. Am surprised that Dr. Dachshund isn't in the picture taking care of baby brother - and unfortunately licking the wound better.

Heinz57
April 15th, 2005, 11:18 AM
LOL! Dr.Hooch is very afraid of THE CONE that charges towards him and he barks at Einstein like a loon. Keyto, the shep in the bg is more concerned and mothering him to an extent. Hooch just finds Tiny a pain in the butt :evil: .

SnowDancer
April 15th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Probably a good thing. My 2 wonder wieners were afraid of nothing - well maybe had a healthy respect for danger - but if there was a job to be done, they would take the lead. I never thought of them as little dogs - such a presence - and certainly they didn't think they were short - something was wrong with everyone else - except Mommy of course.