Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doberman puppies

johannet
April 15th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Does anyone know any reputable doberman breeders in Quebec? :)

Lucky Rescue
April 15th, 2005, 11:22 AM
The Dogs in Canada magazine on line lists a few.

Andre & Diane Dandurand are the only ones I know personally, and I consider them reputable. They rarely have puppies, but you can ask!

Scroll down on this site to Quebec and you will see their listing.
Diane & Andre Dandurand (http://www.dogsincanada.com/breeds/doberman_pinscher.html)

Safyre
April 15th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I just want to note, that just because someone is listed in the Dogs In Canada, that does not mean that they are reputable.
These are paid advertisements, and they are unable to check on each and every breeder.

mona_b
April 15th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Well I can actually say that since I became an active member of the CKC 22 years ago,and have been recieving this book for for that period of time,I can honestly say I have yet to find a non reputable breeder in it.These breeders show and have titled dogs.They are health and genetic tested.They do rescue work and belong to clubs.Have waiting lists.Have s/n contracts along with non-breeding contracts.Are registered ith the CKC and MUST obey with the code of ethics.They will not sell to any Joe Blow.They put you through alot of red tape.Most if not all have been breeding for 10+ years.They will not push their breed on you.They want to make sure you do your homework.They will not breed if any health issues come up in either Sire or Dam.They will not breed any aggressive dogs.

Now this is just my experience with them.As I have dealt and talked to many of these breeders ar the shows as I have a few friends who do show.

Lucky Rescue
April 15th, 2005, 08:32 PM
They want to make sure you do your homework.

Right, you need to do this with any breeder, but the book is a good place to start.

I know Diane Dandurand personally, which is why I mentioned her.

Safyre
April 15th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Glad to hear it Mona.
I just remembered reading something of a warning in one of the books so pulled out the one off my bookshelf near me in which has Buyer Beware section advising that they are paid advertisements.

BoxerRescueOnt
April 16th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Not Every Breeder in the Dogs in Canada are reputable. I know of a chi breeder(will withhold name) but I have been in her home. She has approx 100 chis at that time. In little pens about 2 feet by 2 feet and in each pen there was 3-5 chis and above the pens is their registered names/date of births and colours and all that type of stuff every single pen was like this. This "breeder" has been Top breeder multi yrs in a row. Shes been known to grab the show leash and yank the dog up to her instead of bending over to pick up the dog and I have been in her home myself personally. I can tell you when i called the spca they said they know about her but they cant do anything as they have food water and shelter. also we asked them about the fact that only 20 get outside and they said that the dogs can poop in the house all they want. She does not have to put them outside to potty :( Yuck

Anyway I would be careful and ask questions like you would any rescues.

Eleni
April 16th, 2005, 07:15 AM
ugfh thats so horrible, i remember my unclwa chi who was literally the cleanest dog i have ever seen, i used to tell my uncle that it is a cat in a dogs body.

he would beg for a bath if even he got something on him

those poor dogs

Eleni

LL1
April 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I have helped 3 dogs who's breeders are in Dogs in Canada.They all needed rescue and the breeders would not take them back.You're right that it does not mean they are reputable.Just like being well known in the show world does not make one reputable,and taking back their own dogs is not rescue either,it's just one part of being reputable.

LL1
April 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I just looked again, actually it was 7 breeders in Dogs in Canada where I either took the dogs myself as the breeder did not want them back, or they were in a shelter and adopted out by the shelter as the breeder did not want them.

greaterdane
April 24th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Ryan Von Luxus is one that comes to mind. Huge doberman breeder, dosent take anything back. Umm if you want alot of info on great dobie breeders join this group OntarioDobermanRescue@yahoogroups.com they have rescues and sometimes puppies, you can enroll to get a weekly/monthly update on rescues. It is run by Mary Korevaar and she is incredibly informative. She can definately point you in the right direction of a great breeder, and she is also a breeder herself.