Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our new foster

Toonces
April 15th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Here is a pic of our new foster. His name is Griffin and he is a 7 yr old gsd. He was dumped at the shelter because his owners no longer wanted him. He has been obedience trained but can be stubbron. I took one of my girls to meet him first and she gave me the ok, she played with him and dindt curl her lip once lol. I am picking him up today after work yippie!

chico2
April 15th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Toomces you are doing good,he's beautiful..... :grouphug: to all fostermoms!!

Duchess
April 15th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Good luck with your new foster, Toonces. He's a gorgeous boy! :thumbs up

Toonces
April 15th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks guys,

Not only is he stunning in his looks but he is oh so smart. He is good on and of lead, knows sit, stay down and come when called, has not been aggressive while eating or chewing on his bones or toys and ignores my 2 kitties. He was aslo very good for the drive home. I know it's only been a few hrs and his true colors will come out when he is more comphy here but me and hubby think he rocks! lol

Toonces
April 15th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Here is another pic

100%doglover
April 15th, 2005, 06:32 PM
That's one beautiful boy! I'm sure you're right on, lol, he rocks!

chico2
April 16th, 2005, 08:50 AM
What a beauty he is...maybe you'll keep him,but then again,you cannot keep them all,right??

Toonces
April 16th, 2005, 11:11 AM
I wish I could keep them all! Griffin is my 3rd foster and will not be my last. He is such a good boy and so well trained I could just brag him up all day.

Our little kitty is abit miffed tho because he won't engage in any play with her :D

Bearsmom
April 21st, 2005, 09:55 AM
Congratulations, Toonces, he's a beaut!

Just went and checked out the gsrt site, they're all just so stunning.

deerclan
April 21st, 2005, 11:54 AM
Toonces your new foster is awesome,really good looking fellow :thumbs up

Toonces
April 21st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks everyone,

He really is such a joy to have around and my 2 dogs really like him, he is so good with everyone he meets and so smart and well behaved its amazing. Here is another pic

Toonces
April 21st, 2005, 02:35 PM
And one more becaue I can't help but brag lol. gsrt has some really good doggies right now I just wish we had more foster homes because there are 8 more at the moment that are urgent so we are keeping all fingers and paws crossed that some good ppl out there apply.

chico2
April 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
Toonces,he is truly beautiful and lucky to be with you,will you keep him until he gets a new home,or does he at one point have to go back to a shelter??
You don't know how much I wish I could help out,but it is impossible :sad:

Toonces
April 21st, 2005, 07:29 PM
Hi Chico 2

Griffin will be with us untill he gets his forever home, he will never again have to be in a shelter. When he is adopted he is chipped with the new owners and the recuse as a contact and it is in the contract that if they cannot keep him he will be returned to the rescue and placed again but this very seldom happens.

We have someone looking at him but he has to stay with us for atleast 3 weeks until his vet visits are done and we get a good feel for his temperment then he can be placed. My first was here for almost 6 months my second was 4 months and I think he will have the shortest stay because he really has no issues..

I wish he could always be a part of my family but if I kept him I could no longer foster because 3 dogs is my limit so I will settle for whatever precious time I have with him.

chico2
April 22nd, 2005, 07:32 AM
Toonces,thank's for clarifying..so Griffin is a very lucky doggie,either way he'll win :thumbs up