Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

what are your weird idiosyncrasies/phobias?

raingirl
April 14th, 2005, 08:04 AM
What do you do that is a habit that is a little weird? I was thinking about this the other day.

Some of the odd habits I have:

I have to turn out lights in rooms where no one is in them.

I cannot be in house with the blinds open after dark (a friend played a prank on me when I was a kid while babysitting, and climbed up to my kitchen window and when I looked up, there was this head floating there! Freaked me out, so now I cannot look out a window at night into the dark...the blinds must be closed!)

I have to sleep with my comforter and sheet matching up perfectly (corners matched) and all blankets tucked in at the bottom of the bed. Also, the blinds must be closed (as above) and it must be completely quiet and dark.

I will not do dishes if there are dishes in the sink already, and I have to clean the sink first before doing the dishes.

I have more....but can't think of them right now.

Eleni
April 14th, 2005, 08:10 AM
oh man im full of oddities.

my food while on my plate cannot touch at all, if the carrots touch the meat, or potatoes touch the meat im jsut completly turned off my meal.

I check that the door is locked repeatedly before bed, sometimes 6 or 7 times

I too ahve to have a clean empty sink before I start dishes.

I also ahve to scrub the shower before I bath, even if i had scrubbed it that day and just my husband had showered or the kids had bathed.

when i had carpets I vaccumed like 3 times a day I just KNEW dust was in the carpet.

luckily i ahve hardwood floors now and can get away with sweeping once or twice a day

Eleni

chico2
April 14th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Raingirl,turning off lights when you leave a room is not weird,it's economical,I even had my kids trained:-) Why waste energy :p
I too had an incident one summernight,that makes me turn down the blinds and close the windows.
Many years ago on a hot summernight(pre c/a)I went to bed with my window open,one of my cats jump up to the window,but got scared and ran off.
I check to see what scared him and there was a man standing right outside,his pans around his ankles and his"thingy"out.... :yuck:
There were about a dozen cigarette-butts under my window,he had been there a while :crazy: Hubby was working,so I was alone with three kids,the police said Peeping Toms are not usually dangerous,but somehow I was not convinced.I'll never forget that face in my window..or the rest of him for that ,matter :evil:

Writing4Fun
April 14th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Wow, Chico! I would have completely freaked! Hubby would have had to find a new job after that - he wouldn't be allowed out after dark ever again! :eek:

Hey, Eleni! You're welcome to come over and scrub my showers any time! :p

Most of my idiosyncracies revolve around the written word. I hate seeing typos in a published piece (yes, I have to write the author/publisher to tell them what I've found and could they please fix it in the next printing). Sure, we all make mistakes when typing casually, like on this forum - it's the so-called "professionally written" pieces that bother me. Watching my husband type is absolute torture for me. He's a "hunt 'n' peck" kinda guy, and his grammer, sentence structure, etc... are ATROCIOUS! He has no idea how punctuation is supposed to work, leaves spaces where there shouldn't be any, omits spaces where they are needed, spelling errors galore - I have to leave the room whenever he's sending e-mail. :crazy:

Rita
April 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM
I don't like the dark :rolleyes: I have nightlights set up throughout the house ... I too was frightened as a child, but this was done by my own Sisters :eek: After the lights were out, they started making ghost sounds and climbing on to my bed ... freaked me out, I started screaming!! So now, I don't like the dark ... if I am travelling and staying at a hotel I usually leave the bathroom light on with the door slightly ajar. :crazy:

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Chico I can just sit here and picture you seeing him! LOL Made me crack up sitting here at my desk. LOL

1. I to clean the sink out before I was dishes.
2. Wash the bathtub before I get in (and I am the only one who uses my tub) LOL
3. I have to have the bed made before I get in it.
4. I dry out the sink and bathtub when I am finished.
5. I wash the dust pan after I am finsihed sweeping. Hubby laughs at me on this one. LOL
6. I orgainize everything, even left overs in the fridge are labeled and orgainzed. LOL I put all my veggies (cans) in order and they are all stack neat and in order.

I am sure there are more but those are the ones I can think of. Man the more I look at it the more I realize I am a freak! LOL :D

chico2
April 14th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Well,I was only young then,nowadays I don't have any visitors by my window :D and if I did I would probably throw a bucket of cold water over him :thumbs up
I too am not comfortable in total darkness,I have nitelights and also leave bathroom lights on in hotels.

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Guys we will all have to remember if going to vist Chino do not walk by her window. She is waiting with a bucket of water! LOL Chino you always give me a good laugh. You sound like so much fun! :D :D :D

Schwinn
April 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I hate odd numbers, I have to do everything in evens. If I have cookies, it's 2 or 4, never three. If I give Daisy treats, same thing. I did this even before I read about Jacob Two-Two.

I hate odd numbers, I have to do everything in evens. If I have cookies, it's 2 or 4, never three. If I give Daisy treats, same thing. I did this even before I read about Jacob Two-Two. :D

Also, get the urge to touch things (get your minds out of the gutter!!). The best example I can think of is when I was studying in school, and I had this wierd urge to touch the wall. It drove me nuts! It wasn't a big deal, so I went ahead and did it so I could continue studying. And of course, I did it twice. Another example is when I drove a sports car with a metal piece of trim just under the shift knob. Sometimes I HAD to flick it with my ring. Again, no big deal, so I would do it, just so I could get rid of the wierd feeling.

Sometimes I have to have things a "certain way". In high-school, for example, I had a Honda Civic with head rests that came right out of the seats. A friend took them out and switched them. They were identical, but I made him put them back in the "right" seats. He later took them out with a friend, threw them around until we didn't know which was which, and then put them back. Until the day that car died, it drove me nuts trying to figure out if they were in the right spot.

There's more, but I can already see people stepping away slowly, so I'll stop now...

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah Schwin that thougth went through my head. LOL Walk away slowly.LOL Just kidding! Although I was wondering where you were going with the touching thing! LOL :D I have never heard of anyone wanting to do that. :D

Lucky Rescue
April 14th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Wow, you guys are a bunch of weirdos! J/K!!!!!!:p

My only major problem is ARACHNAPHOBIA!!!!!!!! :eek:
http://wwlissa.com/emoticons/spidereek.gif

twinmommy
April 14th, 2005, 11:53 AM
I can handle spiders....but I cannot, will not, and DO NOT handle

earwigs

ewww ewww ewww ewwww ewww eewww :yuck: :yuck:

raingirl
April 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
schwinn, my BF is like that with even numbers. we cannot buy 3 things at the grocery store, it has to be 4!!

I know what you mean about the headrests! I'm like that with things that are new. If I buy something in a box, I have to lay everything out in the order it came it, all nice, and read everything methodically. My bf got me a set of books yesterday (the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy set) and he kept touching the books when I took them out, and I was like "no, it doesn't go there! We have to keep them in the original order!!!"

I'm an arachnophobe as well...damn spiders...

Schwinn
April 14th, 2005, 12:06 PM
My bf got me a set of books yesterday (the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy set)

Does the set come with book five? I have an older version that was only up to book 4, and then I found book five. By the way, the movie? Once you read the books (one of my favourite series, by the way), you'll be GREATLY disappointed in the movie. Most of the things that made the books great don't show up. Also, every edition of the trilogy is slightly different. I just found that out, so I'm now hunting for a different edition.

Oh, as for new things, with CDs, I have to listen to the WHOLE thing the first time. I got upset once at my wife for skipping a song the first time I played a new CD. This started back when all I had was a tape deck (no, not trying to play CDs on it). Now that I have CD players in our vehicles, I won't eject the CD if I get out and haven't heard the whole thing yet. I'll leave it in so I can continue where I started.

Arachnophobia? I remember seeing a big spider on the wall, and my brain, in a rare moment of trying to protect me went, "There's no spider". I then stayed in the room for a while, left, and later heard my mom scream (this thing was so big you could see it grin). It took me a few minutes to get over that mental block and remember there was a spider in there.

Eleni
April 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM
my husband loves those books

Eleni

heidiho
April 14th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I am really a mess,my gas gauge has to be above the f,i can never let it get past half a tank.Yes iam obssesive compulsive..

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 12:52 PM
That is a good thing Heidi letting your gas tank get to low is bad on your car. So good girl on that one! :D

Writing4Fun
April 14th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Oh, Schwinn, I'm glad you told me about the HitchHiker's movie. I defintely won't dish out the money to see it, then. I've been watching the trailers, and I can't figure out where Zaphod's extra head and arm are - very disappointing. :(

I LOVED the first book, but the rest were not quite as good as the first. I read them a looooong time ago (borrowed them from my brother). Literally had me laughing out loud on the metro. :D I keep asking hubby to buy me a new set for my birthday or Mother's Day or something, but he keeps forgetting.

Now that you mention the numbers thing, I admit that the numbers 6 and 13 are my taboos. I won't do things in 6's - like when I grab a handful of diapers to refill the diaper bag, it can be 5 or 7, but never 6. And when I'm turning up the volume on the car radio or on the TV, it can be set at 12 or 14, but never land on 13. My sister is the same way about these numbers, so maybe it's something our Mom instilled in us as children.

Everyone got their towel? :p

Rick C
April 14th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Snakes, snakes, snakes, sssssssnakes!!! Hate 'em. Can't even look at them in a book or a National Geographic.

About 20 years ago, I bought a Life Magazine and was sitting on the couch leafing through it when suddenly I was confronted with a two page spread of a giant snake head, fangs and all, making a lunge!!! The magazine flew across the room and hit the opposite wall quicker than you could say "scared poopless!!"

Other than that, uncommonly normal. I'll even walk around the field around our acreage in the pitchblack of night and periodically turn on the flashlight to see what eyes are shining back at me (deer, coyotes, etc.).

Can't stand snakes though.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

JDG
April 14th, 2005, 04:10 PM
I'm so glad there are lots of people who do weird things too:

1. All tags on bedding must be at the end of the bed. Its like princess and the pea if they aren't, I just can't sleep - my husband tries to trick me all the time but I always figure it out - he never catches me out!

2. All my DVDs are Alphabetical by film Genre, and are colour coded
(same with my computer disks and CDS)

3. I can't eat anything that reminds me of 'bugs' Like spaggetti and meatballs (dirt and worms) White Rice (maggots) Rasins (bugs in general)

4. All of the food in the kitchen is organised by size

5. My kitchen counters can't have anything on them After we use the toaster, needs to be put away, keys can't be sitting on the counter, change, cups anything. . . .

Well thats all the weird things I do that spring to mind. . .but I'm sure that isnt all of them. :p :p :p :p :p :p

Joey

heidiho
April 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM
That is true,it isnt really a bad thingAm acracnaphobic &claustraphobic,will not step foot in an elevator,no matter if i have to walk 30 flights.

Shamrock
April 14th, 2005, 04:26 PM
LOL! What a quirky lot we are!

Rodents! eek! :eek: Not the pets so much, but the scurrying around type scare the life out of me.

I have an aversion to needles. I dont mind receiving them at all, but I just cant "look". My own simple blood tests, or anyone elses. Even watching a needle entering skin on tv... I have to turn away.

I also have to 'see" every single one of my pets before I can sleep at night.
If I forget to do this - I am compelled to get up and locate them all. Though I know logically they ARE in.. I need visual proof.

Trinitie
April 14th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Mine's really strange: fish flies

I know they can't bite, and probably live for a grand total of 2 days, but I HATE them!! Their little feet are like velcro. Once they land on me, getting them off - not a good scene. Not to mention, if you grab them by the wings, they twirl their tails around. VERY CREEPY!

heidiho
April 14th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Oh yeah needles,,,,,,,,,,,no way.

Cactus Flower
April 14th, 2005, 05:03 PM
LOL this thread should be called Obsessive Compulsive's Anonymous :p .

Crunchy foods. I can't stand to hear anyone eating crunchy foods. The worst thing a date can do is chew raw carrots, celery or ice indiscreetly.

Or smack their lips, or chew with their mouth open - biggest turnoff in the world :yuck: .

I have fallen out of lust in an INSTANT upon seeing the person eat for the first time.

My whole family is like this, due to a very strict upbringing when it comes to manners- especially when eating.

To torment my brother, I'd come into the room while he was watching t.v, open a bag of potato chips, and chew them with my mouth open, smacking loudly. You would not BELIEVE the fights that ensued. Of course, he caught on and started doing the same to me. I nearly went mad.

melanie
April 14th, 2005, 06:04 PM
What a bunch of freaks :D :p lol lol lol

humans are jsut the most fascinating and strangest creatures around. :D they never fail to amaze, amuse and entertain me. we are all so similar physically but mentall we can just be so different.

well i am paranoid about most things, i even monitor how many ppl use the toilet, i call it monitoring the carrying capacity, after a certain amout of uses that toilet must be cleaned, even ifi did it an hour ago, i cnat bear it. and i certainly will never use a public toilet, living in the bush there are many ways of avoiding public toilets (use a tree or stop into a mates house). i will die before using one, oh just sooooo grose. i am a hygene freak but i figure thats ok.

my biggest fear and reason for many idiosyncracies- GHOSTS (dont laugh its not funny :p )

i grew up in a house whe spirits and such were open topics and often experimented with. mum and her friends always had the cards or weeigy (sp) board out (polterguists are my biggest fear, never met one but mum and others ahve told me what they do and as a little girl i was terrified of them) mum always said 'dont worry, its not the dead that hurt you, its the living' :rolleyes: lets say that did nto do much for me. (its such an unreasonable fear, in all my years i have no evidence to prove their existance ,and i have looked, but even though i know its irrational it is stilll a huge problem)

so now if i have to go into a dark room or move around in the dark, i get my ghost detector. thats right, my own GHOSTBUSTING service, namely charlie. mum also always told me that if there is a spirit around a dog would react violently, so i always send charlie in first and i hang onto her butt, if she ever reacted i would run for the hills. gladly we have had no reactions, and this problem is embarassing. but my friends adn family are great, they always go into the dark rooms for me if charlie is not around which is nice, they are actually very understanding which makes it not so embarassing around them.

keep em coming you freaks, i love to watch the humans, we must just fascinate our pets :D

Prin
April 14th, 2005, 06:33 PM
All tags on bedding must be at the end of the bed. Its like princess and the pea if they aren't, I just can't sleep - my husband tries to trick me all the time but I always figure it out - he never catches me out!
This really hit home!! See, some of you may know but my birth name is Princess and my dad used to read me "the princess and the pea" and along with the tag thing (which makes it hard to flip and rotate your mattress, by the way) I can't sleep if there is one grain of sand in the bed. Even under the sheet. It wakes me up and I HAVE to get it out. Another quirk I have is single socks. I count the socks before they go in the washing machine and the odd one stays out.

Other than that, my fears: heights (even standing on a chair), spiders, containers with mold in them, and my biggest phobia of all is humans throwing up. Seriously. If my boyfriend goes out "with the guys" and drinks more than 3 beers, I tell him not to come home because the risk is too high. At least now I can talk about it... :) It is actually the main reason I don't want kids. Dogs are ok, which is lucky because Boo was sick every night for about 3 months when we got him and quite often since.. :cool:

Eleni
April 14th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Prin my husband has that fear of throwing up too, however he became more tolerant after each of my kids births since i get violently ill when dealing with morning sickness.

poor guy

Eleni

Prin
April 14th, 2005, 08:42 PM
My friends who want me to pop out some babies keep telling me that there are ways to avoid the morning sickness... I don't buy it. ;)

meb999
April 14th, 2005, 09:13 PM
containers with mold in them

I HATE MOLD! If by any chance a container in my fridge gets moldy (rare since I clean it out EVERY week before putting the new groceries in -- I don't want the old food playing with the new food!!) I throw it out -- even if it's an 'expensive' tupperware. It drives my bf crazy.

Another one of my phobias is my mother-in-law's sausages. I know it sounds weird, but she makes her own sausages (from some animal's shoulder...don't ask, don't tell) and they look like little poos :eek: . Plus she gives us a HUGE jar, I don't even know if you could call it a jar, full of them and they're preserved in lard. So I have this large glass bowl-type-thing in my fridge filled with whitish-yellow lard and little pieces of poo sticking out. It's disgusting beyond words. But my hubbie loves them, so I keep it in the fridge (plus he keeps them for like...well, we've had the one in our fridge right now for 2 YEARS!!! He says they don't go bad since they're in lard) but I don't let any other food touch the jar-of-grossness.

I'm also a handwasher. My hands always feel dirty.

I have to wear earplugs when I study, all noise disturbs me -- I actually wear earplugs in exams -- I get alot of weird looks!

All of my school stuff is color coded (I mean EVERYTHING -- binders, folders, pens, highlighters, note books, etc) -- a color for every class

I hate long toenails -- they scare me and make me nauxious at the same time.

I have WAY too many quirks to post them all!!!

Lucky Rescue
April 14th, 2005, 09:17 PM
"Princess"? Was your mom a big Margaret Laurence fan?:p

Cactus Flower
April 14th, 2005, 09:37 PM
So I have this large glass bowl-type-thing in my fridge filled with whitish-yellow lard and little pieces of poo sticking out.
My LAUGH MUSCLE is STILL SORE from this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldenblaze
April 14th, 2005, 09:39 PM
This is a funny thread

I dislike feet, no one has nice feet :yuck:

I also have other things like many of you, sink must be clean and empty to do dishes, bed must be made hate any kind of bugs, snakes.

The food on my plate can't touch either too funny others are the same.. I'm very picky about what I eat and I really don't mean to be rude BUT, I can't eat something at someones house if I don't like it.

chico2
April 14th, 2005, 11:18 PM
You guys are a bunch of wusses(sp?),spiders have a forever home in my house,never kill a spider!!!I catch flies in a glass(clean it after)and release them outside.I say I am sorry if I accidentally cut a worm in half while digging,usually I am forgiven :D
I am not afraid of any bugs,other than the HUGE "monster-bugs"that come out in the humidity in the summer,usually in the basement,thousand of legs and boy can they run!!
I've been known to sit on the kitchentable until hubby has it flushed into the toilet.Or stand 10meters away from it and spray it with hairspray,until it's stiff :D :D Poor guy,but I just go nuts when I see one :yuck:

Bearsmom
April 14th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Good Lord, you guys with all your organization make me realize I'm a messy gal.

I'm deathly afraid of spiders. We stayed in St. Catharines a few months ago, and there were two teensy spiders in the room. We switched rooms 'cause I was NOT sleeping there.

The only thing I really fuss about is my hair. If it isn't working right, I've been known to rewash and style it. Drives my husband nuts.
Same with at work. Get me at some sweaty nasty fire, and I've been known to wear a baseball hat the rest of the night because of messy hair.

happycats
April 14th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Chico2 I used to let all the spiders in my house live to, until I got bit by one in my sleep, (my eye was swollen up so bad I looked like a boxer ! :eek: )
now I catch them and put them outside.

I am pretty good with most bugs, but have you ever seen a "dock spider" ?
OMG HUGE looks like a turantchula (sp) !! :eek: . My mother (who has ne fear of bugs) had one on her arm after shaking out a mat, She screamed soooo loud, those things could traumatize you !

I guess my quirks are: I always check my locks, a few times every evening, I always have to eat my veggies first, then potatoes, then meat.

Prin
April 14th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah needles,,,,,,,,,,,no way.
I forgot about that one. I have to stay an extra half hour after shots because they worry about me. I turn white and get really cold...

I am pretty good with most bugs, but have you ever seen a "dock spider" ? Those are mutants. Anyone against genetic modification should be shown what nature can do by itself. Holy cow. And they WALK on WATER!!!

"Princess"? Was your mom a big Margaret Laurence fan?
Was this directed at me? I haven't really told anyone my name here because people refer to princesss04 as Princess and it would get insanely confusing. People call me Prin anyway because A LOT of people have trouble calling someone by a royal name... I doubt my mom was a fan-- she doesn't read much. Most people say "Well, your parents must have loved you so much" but the sad truth is (I don't even know if I should tell it, but I don't particularly care), my mom was pregnant shortly after my 2nd brother was born and she was sure it was another boy so on doctor's advice (pregnancies were too close together), she decided to get an abortion (she had enough with the boys :rolleyes: ). People convinced her to keep the baby and then I was born, apparently really easily and fast. She was soo happy she had a girl, I became Princess. Then she left 2 years later.

Pretty cruddy story, but I got a good name out of it. They made me change my name when I came to the city in grade 6 because they thought I would be teased (they being the school board), so I was Jennifer through high school. I hated that there were people in my class with the same name. I never really answered to it and it didn't make any sense to me to hide my "true identity" so now I'm back to Princess, even though legally, I never changed. :D

People ask me for ID all the time...

Lucky Rescue
April 15th, 2005, 12:13 AM
spiders have a forever home in my house,never kill a spider!!
You can come and get mine Chico!:D

I catch flies in a glass(clean it after)and release them outside

OMG! I though I was the only one who did that!! :eek: My husband was afraid to drink out of the glasses in the bathroom, often asking me "Were there any flies in this??"

I am not afraid of any bugs,other than the HUGE "monster-bugs"that come out in the humidity in the summer,usually in the basement,thousand of legs and boy can they run!!
Do you mean centipedes, or those horrendous huge black shiny things (I think they're millipedes)? I get them here, so big I can see them from the end of my driveway and that's nearly 75 feet!!

EWWWWWWWW!!! :yuck:

Cactus Flower
April 15th, 2005, 12:57 AM
I'd like to see you carry a brown recluse outside. They are the flesh-eating spider. I'm sure you've read/heard about them. We have them here. Ugly buggers.

I catch flies and carry them outside.....ON FLY TAPE! Bzzz...bzzzzz....

Prin
April 15th, 2005, 01:02 AM
That is one reason why I stay in Quebec. Half the year it is bleddy cold so no bugs survive.

OdinAndAlan
April 15th, 2005, 01:04 AM
When I go to bed, I don't like it if my feet get warmed up before I fall asleep. For some reason it just drives me nuts! For some strange reason, I can find stuff in my room when it's messy, but I can't find anything when my room is clean! Anyone else have this problem?

raingirl
April 15th, 2005, 07:07 AM
I am so like that. I know where everything is if it is out. as soon as I clean everything, and put it all away, I can't find anything! My mother never understood this when i was a kid. she would put away all my clothes each day and clean my room. It drove me nuts! it's like when you know a shirt is worn, but you can still wear it one more time, yet the one beside it should be in the laundry. My mother would take both and fold and put back in my drawer!! EWww. It drove me nuts. My mother is OCD though. Eventually I had to put a dead bolt lock on my bedroom door to keep my mom and sisters out. Sad huh??

Someone once told me that men and tidy but dirty, and woman and clean my untidy. Anyone find this true? my BF will do dishes and not wash the counters, whereas I would rather pile the dishes nicely and wash everything around them. Same thing. He is tidy with things, like he puts things away, but never cleans. i clean, but never put things away.

Sneaky2006
April 15th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I wasn't going to post in this thread because I thought I would feel stupid... but you guys are awesome!!! :p

I don't like bugs, but I'm not deathly afraid of them either, I will NOT ever touch one though... I once sat on the couch and felt something cold on my leg (I thought at first it was a penny or some other change that fell outta my husband's pocket) but it was really a huge cockroach!!! Thinking about this now makes me so grossed out, I washed my leg for nearly an hour after that, ICK!

I have some weird things about when I sleep too. My legs/feet can NOT hang off the bed... this goes back to when I was a kid and thought something would eat any part of the body not tucked in.

Also, if I ever hear a noise while I'm sleeping, I can't ever turn on the light and look, it freaks me out to think of what I might see.

I also hate when people chew with their mouths open (HUSBAND) That's something that really grosses me out, and gulping a drink... hearing every swallow so loud it's like I'm the one drinking.

That's all for me... but I wanted to comment on the puking issue, my sister is seriously, deathly afraid of throwing up to the point of seeing a therapist about it. She hasn't thrown up in 20 years and I honestly believe she never will. And prin... she's preggo with her 2nd baby :)
And btw, while under hypnosis, the reason for her phobia is ME! :o

What a cool thread!

Eleni
April 15th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Someone once told me that men and tidy but dirty, and woman and clean my untidy. Anyone find this true? my BF will do dishes and not wash the counters, whereas I would rather pile the dishes nicely and wash everything around them. Same thing. He is tidy with things, like he puts things away, but never cleans. i clean, but never put things away.

my husband not washing the counter after hes done dishes drves me more insane then id care to admit.

I think its the simplicity of it that drives me nuts, how hard is it to take a quick wipe with the cloth after having done the dishes

Eleni

chico2
April 15th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Lucky,yes I mean those centipedes,last year Luba put out a picture,remember??I could not even look at the picture,makes my skin crawl :yuck:
I have to clarify the the spiderthing,I only have tiny little spiders,no big black furry ones and as long as they stay off my body they can live in my house :D
Now,Roaches is another thing,I would DIE if I found one in my house.
Once in Jamaica,I got up during the night to go wee,flicked the lightswitch,but it moved :eek: it was one giant(2 inches at least),flat,brown cockroach!!! Hubbie spent the rest of the night trying to get it out,I swear the roach was playing hide and seek :D :D

goldenblaze
April 15th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Spiders or any bug would not be as bad if they made some sound, if we knew they were coming it might not scare us as bad. ;)

Writing4Fun
April 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Good Lord, you guys with all your organization make me realize I'm a messy gal.
Thank you, Bearsmom! I thought I was the only one feeling like a total slob! :D

Yeah, spiders - eeewwwww!! We grew up in LaSalle, which is very close to the ST. Lawrence river, which means the spiders were of the "saddle 'em up" variety. When I was about 14, my parents had gone to a wedding and left me home alone. Being the colossal coward that I am, I made a friend stay up on the phone with me until my parents got home. So, I was lying on my bed, talking on the phone and watching this spider walk in circles on my ceiling. I didn't want my friend to know that spiders freaked me out, so I didn't say anything to her. I just watched it walk around and around, occasionally stopping - it looked like it was tripping over the little bumps in the paint. But, that's silly! Spiders don't trip! Wait a second - that time it looked like it almost fell! No, now I'm just being stupid. Spiders don't fall off of ceilings. So, round and round it went, trip, stop, round and round, trip, stop ... until finally the blasted thing actually fell off the ceiling right onto my chest. My friend on the other end of the phone thought I was being murdered. :o

Writing4Fun
April 15th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Spiders or any bug would not be as bad if they made some sound, if we knew they were coming it might not scare us as bad. ;)
No, they'd be just as creepy to me. It's the way they move, with all those legs. (shudder)

Dukieboy
April 15th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Well, where to begin...

Dishes must be done, can't have dishes in the sink.

Bath must be washed after dogs are bathed ;)

Must have clean underwear daily ;)

Can not stand the feel of new cotton shoe laces. Have a really hard time touching them and therefore doing up my shoes.

I think thats enough sharing for one day :D

raingirl
April 15th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I also have a fear of puking...not that bad though. When I do puke I get so upset I'm shaking, hyperventaliating, it's pretty sad.

Sneaky, I know what you mean about the feet, that's why my covers have to be tucked in! I used to be afraid of things crawling across the top of my pillow too. Ever see the Dark Crystal?? those black beatle/spider things. They freaked me out!!

heidiho
April 15th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Hate the whey cotton balls feel,gives me chills...

Schwinn
April 15th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Mine's really strange: fish flies

I don't think that's strange...picture a 5'8", 200lb plus man running because one landed on him...or spiders. Then there's the time I came to a screeching stop on the shoulder because I felt one crawl up my leg, and it was at night, so I couldn't see the floor where I brushed him off. I was outside the car beating the heck out of the floor boards with my fist trying to get him. Certain bugs freak me. I'm okay with all different types of -pedes, though. One time, I had this gi-normous beatle that looked like a lady bug land on my shirt. It was about the size of a looney, and actually left a mark where it hit me. I worked at a gas station at the time, and I actually ripped my shirt off because I couldn't get it to let go by flicking it.

It's probably a good thing I found my wife, because I can't think of anyone else who would want a freak like me! ;) Though she does tell me she finds most of my wierd quirks entertaining.

Sneaky2006
April 15th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I also have a fear of puking...not that bad though. When I do puke I get so upset I'm shaking, hyperventaliating, it's pretty sad.

Sneaky, I know what you mean about the feet, that's why my covers have to be tucked in! I used to be afraid of things crawling across the top of my pillow too. Ever see the Dark Crystal?? those black beatle/spider things. They freaked me out!!My other sister gets that way when puking... she doesn't breathe or something... she passes out every time, we are always so scared for her when she's sick and no one's home.
What's the Dark Crystal??

Luvmypit
April 15th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Here are my Quirks:

When getting off a bed I make sure my heels are not facing the under part of the bed. (ever seen pet cemetary?...yuk). I often leap outwards.

I do not eat vegatables. I know I know I have heard it all before. The only thing I will eat only if Im at someones house is carrots and corn is ok.
And to who ever said they don't eat even if your at someones house, Thats me too. Its not rude to me its a preference, gosh don't take it so personal your lucky im eating your damn corn.

I will not eat sandwhiches unless I made them. I also will not eat sandwiches to take to work or anywhere because they feel soggy to me after an hour or more.

I don't have a problem throwing up at all but have a problem cleaning up anyone elses. Im a big gagger.

I can't fall asleep untill all lights are off, door closed and not one inch of light or and noise.

I will not eat anything that I didnt make that could conceal vegatables... lasagna, stuffed chicken, ... I have to know. If I bite into something I don't like then I will not eat the rest.

Im getting better with the veggie thing though and eating. But still one of the pickiest people in the world.

Eleni
April 15th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I also will not eat sandwiches to take to work or anywhere because they feel soggy to me after an hour or more.

me too!!

i really do think they do get soggy and gross, when i worked i always took a pasta salad or a lettuce salad because of this.

of course now i end up eatign whats leftover of the kids lunches so its usually PB&J or mac&cheese LOL

Eleni

raingirl
April 15th, 2005, 03:53 PM
the Dark Crystal is a Jim Henson movie from the early 80's. Kinda weird. Here is a link to a page about it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083791/

I used to be like that about food as well. I am always so worried about what people put in things, but I am getting better. I will not eat mayonaise. I think it is the grossest substance on earth!!! As such, I don't eat anything that might have mayo in it that I didn't make (dips, sandwiches, salad dressings). My BF is filipino...so that was a fun food challange. To tell you the truth though, I LOVE filipino food now and love what my BF's mom cooks. I really like coconut and tropical foods, so I love their desserts.

Prin
April 15th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Ok, no. If bugs made noise as they approached they would be WAY scarier. Like picture a centipede clicking with every step. If they sang, then maybe that would be different...

Funny spider story-- my grandmother was a super intelligent, wise old lady and she was unlocking her front door and there was a spider on the door frame to her right and I was standing to her left and she was being all cool about the spider and the spider JUMPED onto her hand. She started yelling at me "Well, why'd you go and through it on me!!" I was laughing so hard.

And the phone thing-- writing4fun, I've done it too. Almost to the point of blowing the phone. My window was open and a spider swung in like tarzan right toward my face while I was on the phone... :p

And I have a huge problem eating at other people's houses and French people have the bathroom right off the dining room too which makes it 10 times worse. There is no escape. I have an intolerance to a wheat/oat additive and I can't eat sauces, cakes, gravies, and bread among other things and if I eat something by accident and the bathroom is right off the dining room? I always pig out before going to eat at someone's house just in case-- then you can pull the "I had a late lunch/breakfast".

meb999
April 15th, 2005, 04:01 PM
OOOOOOOOO, bugs!! yukky :yuck:

There's only one bug that I'm really afraid of...bees. I was stung once (in the car on a road trip) and being the super-duper hypochondriac that I am, spent the next two hours explaining to my bf how I didn't know if I was allergic (I'm not) to bee stings, telling him what he should be watching out for (syptom-wise) and telling myself I was going to die of anaphylactic shock!

So since then, I'm afraid of http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/bee.gif.

Copper'sMom
April 15th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I will not eat pre-made sandwiches!! :yuck: If i pack a lunch to take to work, i pack all of my sandwich ingredients seperately and make it before I eat it!!!

I despise those new lady bugs :eek: (not real name, Japanese beetles, i think). They are all over the inside of your windows in your house!!! I HAVE to vaccum them everyday morning and night!

Rinsing dishes!! Dishes MUST be rinsed after you are done with the dish, and must be rinsed before washing them!!

heidiho
April 15th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I cannot drink milk anywhere but from my house..And you know when someone [a friend]takes a drink of your soda or whatever,NO WAY with milk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Luvmypit
April 15th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I will not eat pre-made sandwiches!! If i pack a lunch to take to work, i pack all of my sandwich ingredients seperately and make it before I eat it!!!

Good Idea coppers mom!

Schwinn
April 15th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I will not eat pre-made sandwiches!! If i pack a lunch to take to work, i pack all of my sandwich ingredients seperately and make it before I eat it!!!

Good Idea coppers mom!

I tried that, but the peanut butter kept sticking to the roof of my brief case, and the jam kept leaking out...

Luvmypit
April 15th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Schwinn I always look forward to your jokes.
You are hilarious!

Unless they are not jokes and in that case... Trinitie, Marko, LR?

melanie
April 15th, 2005, 06:07 PM
wow that post above was a bit weird and hard to understand, its funny here without expression isnt it :D

i loooove soggy sandwiches, esp tomato ones mmmmmm, yum, it makes me hungry to think of. :p i love them during a road trip and they get all hot and soggy in the car, oh it reminds me of being in kindergarten, its my soul food, oh yum im starving now but too lazy to go get breakfast :rolleyes:

i wont eat at most ppls houses as i am very suspect of the majority of societies hygene standards, i trust very few cause most ppl are pretty dam crusty if you ask me. i certainly would never allow anyone to do my dishes or heaven forbid CLEAN MY TOILET, i wont even let hubby do it, yuck lots of crusty ppl :rolleyes: .

and nice to know im the only adult on this forum terrified into paralasis of ghosts, well thats fine, i do feel like abit of an idiot now, but at least i have my doggy busting service, and with her i can go into any rooms i like at most times of day, yay for charlie (she must think im a real fool :D ).

Sneaky2006
April 15th, 2005, 10:20 PM
and nice to know im the only adult on this forum terrified into paralasis of ghosts, well thats fine, i do feel like abit of an idiot now, but at least i have my doggy busting service, and with her i can go into any rooms i like at most times of day, yay for charlie (she must think im a real fool ). Mel, you are not alone there... although I am not that terrified... I do believe in ghosts and I do believe the spirits are always around us, which freaks me out if I think about it. Thank god I always have kids here cause hubby works till midnight! This is also part of not getting out of bed if I hear a noise... what if it's a ghost??? :o

I believe it's spelled Ouija board, how it's pronounced weegie, I'll never know. ;)