Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

looking for vet

ala
April 13th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I have a 7 month old bangal kitten and I am looking for a caring reputable vet....preferably someone who has experience with this breed. I live in the Niagara Region...anyone you can recommend?
Thanks

BMDLuver
April 14th, 2005, 08:20 AM
There are several good vets in the Niagara Region. One that I particuliarly liked was Dr. Derek Zakib (sp?). He is in St. Catherines off of the 4th Ave exit of the 406, Huntington Plaza. He might not know Bengals but will become informed. We had a pottbellied pig that he did a castration surgery on for us and he spent a few weeks consulting with several other vets prior to attempting the surgery. The anesthetic is very tricky in these guys.

KrdKramer has cats and is in the area so she might have a suggestion for you as well. :)

Eleni
April 14th, 2005, 08:26 AM
the Vet that I use at the moment is Dr Zack Young at the skyway animal hospital
its on welland ave right beside the taco bell there
they have saturday appointments too YAY

ELeni

niagarapets
April 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Hi there,

I know there is a Bengal breeder that goes to the Welland Animal Hospital. I know Dr. Fidler there and he is very good.

I know another cat breeder that takes her cats to Huntington and she prefers Dr. Zakaib as well.

I have also heard that both vets at the Martidale clinic are quite good.

Here's a listing of vets: http://www.niagarapetnetwork.com/vets.htm

Finding a vet is a very personal decision. When I am looking for a new vet I usually get a few referals to narrow it down and then visit the clinic. You can get a good feel of the clinic by asking for a tour or to meet the vet.

Amy :-)