Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Been lurking for a couple of days

snooks
April 13th, 2005, 12:18 PM
have decided to introduce myself. My name is Bev and I live in the Vancouver area of British Columbia. I am owned by 2 monsters. Sashka (aka the Diva Dog) is a 4 yr old Am Esk/Pap cross from a puppy mill and Chewie (aka the Evil Monster) is a 3 yr old Rottie from the local spca. Looking forward to getting to know you folks although I know that 2 people I know hang out here. :evil:

Cactus Flower
April 13th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Welcome, Bev, and your babes as well!

lezzpezz
April 13th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Glad to have you join in the fun! How's the weather in your parts these days? Here in Southern Ontario, it is starting to be springlike, but slow going. Sunny, windy and cool still, but no more SNOW!!

SnowDancer
April 13th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Welcome. I have an American Eskimo - 21 lbs. - one year old - perfect weight for his size to give you an idea of how big he is - and has been neutered, so except for growing "out" this is it. I am trying to imagine your Eskie/Pap - since she is a Diva and not the Evil Monster, I am going to go with the Pap being the dominant personality trait?! How does her hair grow? My dog gets a clean up trim every 3 months - never shaved of course (although there are too many skunks on the streets in the morning so I am worried). He has never blown his coat - groomer "blowed" it for him at 10 months, was just getting too dense. At least the mud brushes from his fur quite easily. Does your dog have the long, gorgeous Diva legs? The legs that make her appear short until she assumes the Kangaroo stance and can reach a banana from the table? Guess it depends on size of the Eskie parents. My guy's mother is a 22 lb. Standard and Dad an 18 lb. Mini - so fortunately Grandpa wasn't a Viking - except perhaps FOR THE TEETH.

snooks
April 13th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome
The weather can't decide what to do. One minute it is warm and sunny and in an instant it clouds over, the wind picks up and it rains and/or hails. Typical west coast spring weather. But the grass is green, the flowers are blooming and life is good.
The diva is a little chubby these days :D She is 19 lbs, about the size a min am eak but with typical pap markings. If I ever figure out how to post a picture in the avatar you will see them both. Just had both dogs at the vet and he said she was in wonderful shape, good tone in her muscles and although I would prefer she lost a couple of lbs he wasn't worried about her. She also goes to the groomer every three months for a "trim" but of course no shave. Long extreamly silky hair, that every thing falls out of, except of course when she finds something smelly to roll in. Its wonderful because a brush a week and she's good to go.

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Welcome! Glad you decided to join. I look forward to hearing more about your fur babies. PS! We LOVE pictures! :D

lezzpezz
April 14th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Hi again. My Pyrenese, Rosie, is at the beginning of producing her undercoat tumbleweeds! Talk about clumps of hair everywhere :eek: She gets her buzzcut next month when it's warmer, down to about 1/2", which she just loves! Until then, I sweep, sweep, sweep.....
Then the Husky, Lennox, starts to blow his fur any time now. Even messier and lasts a lot longer....sweep, sweep, sweep.....
Last but not least, Dawson, the collie/chowX(?)......brush, brush, brush......all the winter fur comes out soon too! I am a slave to my pets, but aren't we all! :crazy:

snooks
April 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
here is a picture of my 2 beasts.
Sashka the Diva is the little one and the evil rottie is Chewie

happycats
April 14th, 2005, 01:36 PM
WELCOME

Sashka and Chewie are cute ! :D

JennG
April 20th, 2005, 11:16 AM
They are beautiful. They all have their own personalities don't they. It's fun to watch them grow and see the differences in each animal. :p

SnowDancer
April 20th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Adorable dogs. I must confess I wasn't prepared for your Eskie/Pap to have a black head - what a gorgeous contrast. Eskies are inclined to gain excess weight. When my Eskie was weighed 2 weeks ago at his physical I crossed my fingers. 21 lbs. is perfect for his "height" - short and tall. He does love his food as did my Dachshunds but does have a much more sensitive tummy. The trainer at puppy classes has an adult Eskie who always has to go on a diet - and my dog is known as the Cookie Monster - as well as Toy Tester. I dread the day he has to go on a diet. I wish my dog had black hind legs - he had a bath the other day and has hit every dust bowl since - and now is is pouring rain so has managed to pull me through every puddle. My Dachshunds stepped around them.