Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Two pit bulls rescue woman from red chow

mesaana
April 13th, 2005, 09:40 AM
OMAHA, Neb. - Two dogs whose breed has a reputation for being mean played the roles of rescuers for a woman who was being attacked by another dog.

A red chow was on top of Angie Pecoraro, 22, in her yard on Monday when two pit bulls jumped over a fence and fought off the chow, Nebraska Humane Society spokeswoman Pam Wiese said.

Witnesses said the chow had bitten Pecoraro several times on her hands, arms and stomach, Wiese said.

An ambulance took Pecoraro to a hospital, where she was treated and released, Wiese said.

The Humane Society impounded the chow, and its owner was ticketed for not having the dog restrained and for harboring a dangerous animal. It will be quarantined to make sure it doesn't have rabies, Wiese said.

___

Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com

sammiec
April 13th, 2005, 09:47 AM
I heard about this on the radio this morning!! I was so suprised that they actually reported a good news story!

heidiho
April 13th, 2005, 10:07 AM
What a great story,that is incredible... :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

babyrocky1
April 13th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Alright! :thumbs up More good news!!! Man if it only happened in Ontario. Wouldn't that be nice???? ;) I hope its in print some where so we can keep it for our records!!!

Prin
April 15th, 2005, 01:05 AM
I used to read Anne Landers before she died (it just doesn't have the spirit it used to anymore). People used to write to her all the time about their kids being mauled by chows. Apparently, some chows and kids don't get along after a while and the kids get their faces ripped off.

Yey Hero Pitties!! :)

deerclan
April 16th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Looks like you have been mis-informed about chows Prin,Whats that saying you have Research,Research,Research.....

http://www.chowwelfare.com/cciw/masterp.htm

Good news story though i just hope this lady will be ok and and the chow can be retrained some how... :D

Prin
April 16th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I haven't been misinformed. I didn't say all. I said some and I said people wrote to Anne Landers about it, not "I believe that Chows eat kids." Your link said it too: In all honesty, some Chows do have temperament problems.