Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What TV shows do you watch??

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Just wondering what kind of TV shows everybody watches ?? :)

Copper'sMom
April 12th, 2005, 08:42 PM
My favorite is Desperate Housewives!!! I also like ER, Third Watch, CSI, Reba, Two and a Half Men and George Lopez!! Unfortunately, I don't always get to watch all these shows! But I always make time for Desperate Housewives!!!!

Oh, i like Oprah and Dr. Phil too!!! :o HAHA

Prin
April 12th, 2005, 08:43 PM
The only one I watch religiously is the Amazing Race. This time I was rooting for the brothers but they were eliminated last week so now I'm neutral... I don't know if it'll be as fun. The team I rooted for always made it to the end.

I also like the new show Medium. I think it's well written and I especially like the hubby. His lines are great. Other than that, ER, the Apprentice, and Joey. I also like Law and Orders (except the new one).

I stopped watching CSI because it got so graphic for no reason and their methods are so inaccurate...

CyberKitten
April 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
There are TV shows? Kidding. I hardly seem to have time for TV. I am a news junkie so when I am home - even working at home, the TV is on CBC Newsworld or CNN. I do like Law and Order but even that I do not get to watch all that much. ER makes me mad because they have every gadget known to medicine so everyone assumes it is realistic - it's NOT! Have not watched it in awhile. I have to admit tho I have watched Survivor. I have missed much of this season tho.

That's it - news mostly.

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I am watching the survivors series, I also like law and order (old ones).
I like American Justice and cold case files.
and I have to come clean here, I watch judge Judy :o

CyberKitten
April 12th, 2005, 09:04 PM
My dad watched Judge Judy sometimes, lol (I have never watched her but I do know who she is)

Prin
April 12th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Even with all the equipment though, ER still is accurate in what you would do with the equipment no? I mean, if it's not realistic to have all the equipment, ok, but what about everything else?

Eleni
April 12th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I dont watch much TV tho i do watch cnn in the morning before the kids are awake and taking the tv for cartoons

Eleni

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Elina, let me guess, Blues Clues, barney, Dora, Big Comfy Couch, Oswald, Little bear...........(I have to suffer through them at times as well) :eek:

babyrocky1
April 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I enjoy those desperate housewives, but I keep missing the episodes so its not as much fun when your not "current" I really like all those CSI shows but now that Ive moved to a larger screen t.v. 20" I have to close my eyes half the time! Six feet under was really cool, that was the last show I watched religiously! I wish they had another season.

babyrocky1
April 12th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Hey Happy Cats whats the matter with Bear in the Big Blue House. I guess every threads got to have some contravercy LOL

Sneaky2006
April 12th, 2005, 09:17 PM
This is my kinda thread! :p
I watch CSI, Forensic Files, American Idol, House, Will and Grace (even the re-runs, LOVE Jack and Karen, that shoulda been the show's name instead!!!)
SpongeBob, Full House, and Scooby Doo with my son!

Writing4Fun
April 12th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Ahhhh... the mothers on the board, unite!

My days consist of Boohbahs, Barney, Sesame Street, Blues Clues, etc...

My night starts with the news (thank GOD!), and then dissolves into The Backyardigans, Berenstein Bears and then the Anime Hour unfolds with Dragon Ball and Inuyasha (I'm quasi ashamed to admit that I actually like those ones :o ). And then I have a couple of hours to myself, when I watch the Simpsons, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, all the sitcom reruns (seeing it in writing like this, I now realize that I'm such a loser! :crazy: ).

By the way, did you know that The Wiggles were last year's highest grossing Australian act? How insane is that?!

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I HATE the Boohbahs :yuck: someone got my son one for his birthday, and all it does is fart !! :eek: .
I do love the backyardigans though, I just love the songs :o .
I think I have watched every everybody loves raymond episode !! I just love the father, frank.. I think that's why my son say's "what the crap" all the time :rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
April 12th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I HATE the Boohbahs :yuck: someone got my son one for his birthday, and all it does is fart !! :eek: .
Yeah, Happycats! We have the yellow one :p .

I like the tunes in the Backyardigans as well. :cool:

CyberKitten
April 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM
No, ER is NOT that accurate! Nor is real medicine as melodramatic ALL the time, lol

Rick C
April 12th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I'll probably be slayed for admitting this but . . . . .

The just concluded first season of "Battlestar Galactica" on the Space Channel in Canada would probably be my favourite.

Don't laugh too hard as USA Today. TV Guide and Time Magazine have all declared it among the best drama's on TV this season and the ratings have been extraordinary for a specialty channel.

And a dramatic, unexpected, cliff-hanger ending . . . . re-runs should be coming up shortly and new episodes this summer apparently.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-03-31-battlestar_x.htm

I love watching Pilot Guides, derivatives of the Lonely Planet travel series, on the Outdoor Network.

The Apprentice is something I follow and Survivor (although interest is waning).

I also get a big hoot out of Desperate Housewives.

And I like re-runs of things like Get Smart or The Flintstones . . . . and old cowboy movies on the cowboy channel.

Other than that, I'm a news junkie as well.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Princesss04
April 12th, 2005, 10:24 PM
I watch ER and Days of Our Lives that is about all I do not watch alot of t.v. :D

babyrocky1
April 12th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Theres a Cowboy channel??? What kind of cable satalite deal have you got going onthere Rick?? Ive never heard of some of these things. I must work or be on this site too much.

Prin
April 12th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I know there is one cowboy channel on satellite -- Lonestar. It plays old cowboy shows and movies.

Prin
April 12th, 2005, 10:32 PM
No, ER is NOT that accurate! Nor is real medicine as melodramatic ALL the time, lol
Well I have been to my share of ERs and geez are they quiet in comparison. When I was in Whistler and I had my concussion and broken nose, there was one guy beside me that provided adequate entertainment for me though. He was bragging to his friends about getting a ton of morphine and how good it felt when I distinctly heard the Dr say he didn't need any... Heh heh.. Boys. And the other time I was in an ER in Banff, I was the only one there. Good service, but not too much excitement. :rolleyes:

pupyluv668
April 12th, 2005, 10:38 PM
CSI, everybody loves raymund, best friends, trailer park boys (forced coz hubby watches it), survivor, HGTV (!!!), and i love sesame street too...lol...im a great fan of animal of the muppets...lol and so is my hubby, we have a 4 ft stuff toy of animal which he puts on the passenger side of his car.....people always takes a second look....weird looking passenger...lol

SnowDancer
April 12th, 2005, 11:35 PM
The BBC Crime Thrillers, Rosemary & Thyme, House, CSI, L & O (I like Criminal Intent), Alias sometimes, Without A Trace, Jack & Bobby, Lost, Crossing Jordan

Schwinn
April 13th, 2005, 10:11 AM
COPS, American Chopper, CSI and CSI New York, all Law and Orders (except Trial by Jury), Amazing Race, The Apprentice, Trucks!, World Rally Championship and SpongeBob Squarepants.

Beaglemom
April 13th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I love watching Desperate Housewives. I hate the fact that they are not regular with their scheduling, but I wouldn't miss an episode! I also like to watch Amazing Race, Cops, America's Most Wanted, Cold Case Files, American Justice, certain programs on Speed and HGTV. Love watching Holmes on Homes! Oh yeah, and I like to watch Top Dogs.

Sunkist/Winnie
April 13th, 2005, 10:46 AM
American Chopper (Discovery), Holmes on Homes (HGTV & Life)), What Not to Wear (TLC)

Writing4Fun
April 13th, 2005, 10:51 AM
American Chopper...SpongeBob Squarepants.
Of course! How could I forget the Teutels?? Although they are starting to get a little annoying now that they've gotten so big. That new manager they hired is getting on my nerves. He keeps threatening Jr and Mikey - like, what are you gonna do, fire them?? Get over yourself, buddy!

That's funny, Schwinn. I'd never have pegged you for a SpongeBob kinda guy. I would have thought "South Park" was more your style.

Schwinn
April 13th, 2005, 12:04 PM
That's funny, Schwinn. I'd never have pegged you for a SpongeBob kinda guy. I would have thought "South Park" was more your style.

Although I sometimes have enjoyed South Park, I find it to be a little too much on the potty humour. I don't mind some, but sometimes it seems like they can only get laughs with four letter words. My all-time favourite, though, is Freakazoid. Do a google, he was the best!

raingirl
April 13th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Um...I feel really weird...no one watches what I watch (mostly)

I'm a superman freak, so I watch Smallville a lot (3 times a week it's on now!)

I watch YTV a lot during the day, and love spongebob, fairly odd parents, and Jimmy Neutron. I watch Simpsons and Family Guy and South Park....

I watch Lost...Law and Order SVU... and anything Star Trek (why did they have to cancel Enterprise??? It was so good!) and when I am at my sisters or BF's parents house, we watch the Food Network non-stop.

My BF and I probably spend more time playing xbox than watching TV... I love the new splinter cell game. It rocks!!

Eleni
April 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
happycats.

LOTS of blues clues and bob the builder...

if only they can teach the kids to do home reneovations.. :P

Eleni

Heinz57
April 13th, 2005, 01:51 PM
But when I do, Animal Cops, ALL of the judge shows: Joe Brown, Judge Judy, Judge Mathis (watch ALL of these if I'm stuck in sick), SuperNanny and used to watch Wife Swap and the Trading Spouses (would NEVER go on the show tho!).

Shamrock
April 13th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Survivor and Without a Trace are only programs I specifically schedule to watch. Also enjoy the various Dateline/News programs and Friends reruns. (since I never use to watch, they're new to me.
The Passionate Eye has some really interesting and memorable content.

My guilty pleasure - Dog The Bounty Hunter. So... over the top.

Does anyone watch Growing up Gotti? A definite "unfavorite" for me... :p
Those spoiled arrogant sons make me nauseous :sick: And what language are they speaking? :D

I've never seen Desperate Housewives. I 've got to catch an eposide,,get in the loop with the program everyone seems to be raving about.

CyberKitten
April 13th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Shamrock, the only one I have watched of the shows you mention is Survivor. I've heard of Desperate Housewives. Never watched it tho.

Sneaky2006
April 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
No, ER is NOT that accurate! Nor is real medicine as melodramatic ALL the time, lolI dunno CK, my few trips to the ER were pretty off the wall. Once I had to go to the ER, I had broken my ankle/leg in three places and waited in the waiting room for hours and in that time there was a lunatic kissing the pictures of God and Mary on the walls and dunked his head in the toilet, another time there was a guy who got sick of waiting and stormed out saying he was going to the roof to jump. Sounds like ER to me!
Of course you don't see the drama in real ERs, feelings, relationships between doctors in real life, probably because of it being against policy but other than that I think it's right on! And the only reason you see that stuff on ER on TV is because it's a show and has to be filled with something other than medicine or people would lose interest... hell, I only used to watch it cause the guy docs were hot! :p

Schwinn
April 13th, 2005, 02:36 PM
My guilty pleasure - Dog The Bounty Hunter. So... over the top.

Does anyone watch Growing up Gotti? A definite "unfavorite" for me... :p
Those spoiled arrogant sons make me nauseous :sick: And what language are they speaking? :D

I too, like Dog. But don't tell anyone. As for Growing up Gotti, I watch it if there isn't anything else on. She's such an arrogant putz, and those kids...I keep watching for the inevitable butt-kicking they need so bad. As for the language, I think it's a cross between wise-guy and goumba.

BoxerRescueMTL
April 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM
my b/f's obsessed with cooking, so the FOOD network is always on. also Pilot Guides, Desperate Housewives is my FAVOURITE, we looove the SHIELD, Seinfeld reruns...and shhhhhhh...my guilty pleasure is America's Next Top Model...

greaterdane
April 28th, 2005, 01:03 PM
My all time favorites are CSI, the Las Vegas one, i dont like the New York..too dark, and Miami just annoys me

I also love Without A Trace, possibly more then CSI but still indecided.

kandy
April 28th, 2005, 06:14 PM
My favorites are CSI (the original - I hate the red haired guy on the miami one), without a trace, medium, L&O SVU, and American Idol. Also watch lots of animal planet (not the animal cops shows cuz I cry too much - mostly dog shows or animal face-off) and NASCAR! If I could watch anything I wanted, it would be Highlander the Series - love Adrian Paul - but it hasn't been on the air (even re-runs) for a few years now.

heidiho
April 28th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Love Fear Factor,Desperate Housewives,shark week on Discovery.........................

melanie
April 29th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Kandy did you say NASCAR, well nice to meet a kindred soul. we dont really watch nascar here but V8 supercar series (V8 fords and holdens etc).
a few moons ago now i went to the first ever NASCAR/AUSCAR at the Caulder thunderdome raceway (victoria) ever held in Australia, i was 12yo at the time and i loved it, i come from a motor sports family.

We watch a lot of motor sports, our weekend is full of it.

i love desperate housewives, it is jsut such a good little show. i also love the BILL the english cop show, "PC Reg Hollis, Sunhill police, YOUR NICKED" bahahaha, my fav line. oooooo bold and the beautiful too.

and most of all i love aussie drama and comedy, better than anything really. we have a great cop show called BLUE HEELERS which is just fantastic, i ahve watched for the past 16yrs, and you gotta love that name.

chico2
April 29th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Oh,Oh..I must confess,I am a reality-show freak.....
I watch a steady diet of Amazing race(love it!!)Survivor,American Idol,got truly upset to see Constantine go,he was my favourite to win :sad:
CSI,New York is the only series I watch....
Animal Planets,Emergency Vet is usually interesting....I cannot handle Animal Cops,too brutal..
I also watch the History Channel and National Geographic Documentaries.
Some times after dinner,we watch Judge Judy...for comic relief :evil:

happycats
April 29th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Oh,Oh..I must confess,I am a reality-show freak.....
I watch a steady diet of Amazing race(love it!!)Survivor,American Idol,

Thank goodness, I was hoping I wasn't the only reality-show junkie :o
got truly upset to see Constantine go,he was my favourite to win :sad:
OMG Constantine is gone :eek: (guess I was busy watching survivor :o )

Sneaky2006
April 29th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Idol is pissing me off lately!!

Simon said way back when (same as he did for Fantasia), that Carrie was going to win and if that's the case, either he does really have a good eye (ear) for this or it's fixed!!!!!!

happycats
April 29th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I like Bo, I think a Rock singer should win this time!!

badger
April 29th, 2005, 09:33 AM
I find this particular group of Idol wannabes very mediocre, to the extent that I have more or less stopped watching it. The rockers were fun for a couple of weeks but none of them have that extra je ne sais quoi. But I don't think it's fixed; the show is such a huge hit, it would be suicide to mess with it.

nymph
April 29th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I hate to admit this, but I watch way too many reality shows: Survivor, Apprentice, American Idol, SuperNanny, Extreme Makeover...you name it. http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/6.gif

Other than that, I watch pretty much all movies on VU.

kandy
April 29th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I was also sad to see Constantine go bye-bye! He was my favorite. My husband likes Bo but I don't know who I am rooting for now that my fave is gone!

Melanie: I too come from a motorsports family - my father raced late model stock cars for a lot of years as well as snowmachines. I also raced in our "Powder Puff" division when I was younger. My husband and I are huge NASCAR fans but we normally miss the races during the summer months (June-Aug) because we go to the lake on the weekends. Although my parents had been to many NASCAR races, I've never seen one live. I have seen the World of Outlaws (sprint cars) and have been to drag races - those are fun!

nymph
April 29th, 2005, 02:02 PM
For Apprentice fans, is anyone as annoyed as I am by Craig the "butthole"? Grrrrhh! He is so dumb and condescending I just want to slap him!

I'm rooting for Kendra for sure, she is so talented! More than any candidate ever appeared on Apprentice!

lilith_rizel
April 29th, 2005, 02:09 PM
James and I really don't watch too many shows. The TV is usually on comedy central. However, we do watch South Park, Reno 911, and other shows that are on that channel.

Luvmypit
April 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I guess Im the only one that watches the O.C.... that would be my guilty pleasure.
I also love anything on A&E (favourite channel) The first 48, cold case, IR, american justice, city confidential.... love em all....
I am forced to watch by BF Trailer park boys (ok its funny sometimes), southpark, The simpsons and North of 60 (not on anymore but just had a TV movie) and survivor
I also enjoy cops, unsolved mysteries.....

Growing up Gotti I used to like but I really want o put those boys in place. How disrespectful they are and SPOILED.

chico2
April 29th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I forgot,A&E is one of my favourite channels,always something to watch there.
I am not watching the Apprentice,I just cannot handle Donald Trump :yuck:
I watched super-nanny a few times,but those kids were exsasperating,if my kids ever had behaved like that,I would have put them in a shelter :D

raingirl
April 29th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Anyone else LOATHE reality TV?? I hate it! I can't watch it! it drives me INSANE!!!!

I don't know if you guys know why it became so popular? It was summer of...2000 maybe? The screen actors guild had a strike so tv producers had a bright idea to make tv shows about and with the public. That was when the first survivor was on. I was living in the carribean at the time so I missed it all in the beginning. Anyway, quite a few of my good friends and their friends are in the screen actors guild, and they do commercials and such in New York and LA. They were getting screwed, so I boycott all reality TV still to this day. I think it is sickening and disturbing and absolutely excruciating to watch (I literally want to pull my hair out or walk up to the people in these shows and STRANGLE them it bothers me so much!)

What happened to good TV? Remember "My so called life"? Remember "Mad about you"? Remember "Absolutely Fabulous"? Remember "Mr. Bean"? Boy meets world? Party of five? Buffy? Felicity? Xfiles? Star Trek TNG or Voyager? Xena? Hercules?

Daisy's Owner
April 29th, 2005, 06:52 PM
I'm not a reality TV junkie, but I do watch Survivor and Amazing Race. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Phil.

I watch way too much TV. The TV is on constantly even if we aren't watching.

My must sees are:

Sunday its dog shows (I think there is like 4 hours of dog training etc shows on in the mornings) and Desperate Housewives.
Monday its Las Vegas and The Medium.
Tuesday its Amazing Race.
Wednesday it's Lost.
Thursday it's Survivor, CSI and Without a Trace.

babyrocky1
April 29th, 2005, 06:59 PM
I feel the same way Rain Girl. Lots of my neighbours are in the Canadian Film industry and have been suffering because of the Hollywood north going back south. I do make exceptions for the home improvement shows though. I dont think that there not trying to replace t,v. dramas and comedys. Out of work writers and actors need a break!!! The life is hard enough with out real life mafia heiresses stealing their jobs! Like growing the up Ghotti needs a job tee hee hee !

Writing4Fun
April 29th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Anyone else LOATHE reality TV?? I hate it! I can't watch it! it drives me INSANE!!!!
YESSSSS!!!! Thank you! I thought I was the only one!! I don't even know why they call it "reality TV" - I've never seen anything so far removed from reality in my life! I lament the loss of "real TV". Now I watch rerun after rerun of Raymond, Friends, The Simpsons - our evenings are spent on YTV watching Dragonball and InuYasha. Week-ends it's Bugs Bunny and Rocket Robin Hood. :p I soooo miss Xena and Hercules, Mr. Bean - Mad About You was an absolute classic in its time. I try to catch any M*A*S*H reruns I can fit in. Then again, I grew up on WKRP and Three's Company (gosh I miss them :sad:). The closest I get to reality TV is the Discovery Channel when American Chopper and Biker Buildoff are on. :p Otherwise it's "real" reality TV like How's It Made or Daily Planet. :thumbs up

melanie
April 29th, 2005, 07:28 PM
i watch judge judy sometimes in the afternoons, its just really bizare to me, is it really a legal court??i often wonder, she is funny though...

and i am ashamed to mention that i forgot one very special tv show, from one very special lady, OPRAH. i love her and her show, she is jsut beautiful and i wish i had her hair, its just georgous. if i ever went to america it would mainly be to see oprah.

reality tv sucks, its soooo boring. if reality tv was actually based on reality it would be something like a camera in the corner of my house watching me vacume, now thats reality. there is nothing realistic about reality tv thats for sure. although i did sort of enjoy a few of them such as the "1940s house' where a family had to livein war conditions in england, but again not very realistic.

but i muct admit i have always had a desire to do something like challenger or amazing race, race around the world(but not so commercial if you know what i mean). i think the amazing race or challanger would be alot of fun to actually do.

glasslass
April 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I hate Survivor or any show that makes people do humiliating and disgusting things or stab each other in the back for money. Watching someone eat huge crawly bugs or get covered with snakes or dead fish is not my idea of entertainment. I never look to see what's on TV. We just turn on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, Food Network, etc. and there's always something good on. I love watching Animal Funniest Videos.

raingirl
April 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Now I watch rerun after rerun of Raymond, Friends, The Simpsons - our evenings are spent on YTV watching Dragonball and InuYasha. Week-ends it's Bugs Bunny and Rocket Robin Hood. I soooo miss Xena and Hercules, Mr. Bean - Mad About You was an absolute classic in its time. I try to catch any M*A*S*H reruns I can fit in. Then again, I grew up on WKRP and Three's Company (gosh I miss them :sad.

I know what you mean. Most of the stuff I watch is reruns. Simpsons, Law and Order SVU, Friends. I hate working from home right now because I hate daytime TV!! And I'm running out of video games and baking to take up my time, and Odin can only spend so many hours out for walks! And City TV's afternoon movies have sucked lately (all kinds of old movies like late 70s) Grrr...

I miss xena and hercules too! I wish they had reruns on!