Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vomitting daily...

lhasaOwner
July 15th, 2001, 04:07 PM
My lhasa has been vomitting (clear/ yellow hue) almost daily now.

He seems to be healthy, we walk in the morning, then I feed him a bit of canned dog food and store it in the refrigerator until the next day.

He's normally very active in the morning and evening, sleeping most of the day. So I don't take his lethargy to be a bad thing.

I can't figure out if I should take him to the vet or not. He's lethargic afterwards but he is before also; and he sleeps lots (I don't know his age, I got him from the pound).

Should I be concerned? Is this a perclivity of the breed?

I'm not employeed right now, or I would rush him to the vet...

howie
July 18th, 2001, 06:25 PM
hi,

what you are describing can potenially be EXTREMELY serious.

If I were you I would bring my pet to a vet asap.

If you cannot afford to.... try calling a university with a veterinary program they may be able to examine your pet at a reduced rate or even free.

Either way you are risking the health of your pet by waiting.

good luck
howie

marielayne
August 19th, 2001, 05:00 PM
My dog vomited a lot and I ignored it. Just recently she died. do not let this happen to your dog. I suggest you take her to the vet as soon as you can. Find a clinic so you don't have to pay so much. Vomiting could be a result of something very serious such as liver, kidney, and intestinal problems.

Marie

Kris_L
August 29th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Hi,

My 3 year old Border Collie/German Shepherd mix has also vommitted a lot lately... she is sick almost daily and like you, it's a clear/yellow fluid...

I think that I am going to follow the advice of the fellow members and take mine to a vet... I am starting to get worried since it is happening a lot lately...

Let me know how your dog is!

Kristine (purplestar25@hotmail.com)

Lisa Brencis
November 22nd, 2001, 01:21 AM
I just finished replying to someone else on this very subject! I had the same problem with my 50 lb. 2-1/2 year old pointer cross. I took her to the vet and the vet determined that she had a sensitive stomach (which I would recommend you do -- to make sure that's all it is). To combat this, because I didn't want to clean up the yellow slime every day nor put her through the distress of vomiting, I decided to treat her like a human with a sensitive tummy. I now feed her 1/2 her dry food first thing in the morning. Once that's gone, I put the other 1/2 in her bowl for her to eat whenever she wants to. At dinnertime, I give her 1/4 of a large can of dog meat and mix it into any dry food that's left over. After her last trip "outside", I also give her a large, homemade dog cookie. I find that keeping something in her stomach has tremendously decreased the vomiting from a daily thing to about once every two weeks. I also found that she needs "good" dry dog food (not the grocery store stuff). Hope this helps somewhat!