Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You'll Be Happy To Know...

Talley3000
April 12th, 2005, 04:15 PM
This is a message to those who suggested I spay my West Highland White Terrier, Tally.
Tonight my Mum and I had a huge , responsible talk.
Tally is in the middle of her first season and she is not happy. We decided she looked very unhappy and we talked about how disturbing haing puppies would be to her, plus a huge pressure on our lifestyle.
We have decided it will be very likely we will have Tally spayed in a few months. I talked to my Mum about the overcrowded pet population, and pyometra etc
We have decided we want our baby to be a family pet and not a money making scheme.
Intsead of breeding Tally and keeping one of her puppies, we are considering adopting another puppy/dog from a shelter sometime next year.
I know you'll all be happy with our choice and I am happy, and I'm sure Tally will be.

Prin
April 12th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Yey, that's good news! :)

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Wonderful news!!

glasslass
April 12th, 2005, 04:48 PM
So glad to hear! It's also wonderful knowing that this board does succeed in educating pet owners and improving pets' lives.

mesaana
April 12th, 2005, 05:36 PM
That is wonderful news!

Lyne

doggy lover
April 12th, 2005, 07:15 PM
You are making the right choice.

Beaglemom
April 13th, 2005, 09:19 AM
You definitely are making the right choice! Tally will be much better off being spayed and you are doing your part at controlling the pet population.

kandy
April 13th, 2005, 05:31 PM
That is great that you decided to spay the dog. As I'm sure you found in your research, spayed dogs have a lesser chance of developing lots of different health problems down the road. Good Choice!

Shaykeija
April 14th, 2005, 02:05 AM
:thumbs up good for you.

chico2
April 14th, 2005, 07:53 AM
I am very happy for Tally,you are certainly doing the right thing :thumbs up

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Very good! You are doing the right thing! I am proud of you! :D :D :grouphug: