Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Arizona Humane Society to star in new reality show

heidiho
April 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
3TV and azfamily.com Staff

The reality TV bug has hit close to home and it's going to the dogs -- and cats. And any other animals in need of help.

The Arizona Humane Society will be part of a new reality show called Animal Rescue Phoenix.

Camera crews with Animal Planet, a cable channel, started shooting 10 days ago.

The show will feature AHS rescue and adoption programs, including its unique Emergency Animal Medical Technicians (EAMT) program, the only program of its kind in the country.

The production crew will follow the EAMTs -- 12 paramedics and nine ambulances -- for the next year. During that time, the teams will respond to thousands of animal emergencies. Each year, the Arizona Humane Society gets some 15,000 calls for animals in need of help.

The 15-episode reality show, which is being produced by the Discovery Channel, is slated to air this fall.

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.
More headlines...

Wis. considers legalizing cat hunting

Arizona Humane Society to star in new reality show

Trinitie
April 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I love watching those types of shows! The best parts of the shows are when the abuser gets arrested and their animals taken away. I'm glad Arizona is doing something to make their plight known to the rest of the world.

heidiho
April 12th, 2005, 07:32 PM
So am i,we do have a show on local tv every saturday,Pets on Parade,it is a half hour show...

CyberKitten
April 12th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I hope it airs on the Candian Discovery Channel as well as the American one.