toy (smaller companionship dogs)
working (bred to work)
non-sporting (all the rest)

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I love the working group :)
Kuvasz
great pyr
Newfoundland (being one of my favorites!) :)
St bernard

Eleni
April 12th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I voted Toy, however 2 votes would ahve applied.

I enjoy smaller companion breeds becasue in my apartment its what is practical, and in my life its what is practical, and how can you resist the little lovebum that sammy is.

however if i had a big house witha big yard and about 100% more time in teh day Id have a springer spaniel

I had one before my kids were born and he was the absolute best dog i could ever ask for. when the kdis were born i had less time for him and we financially couldnt afford the place we had and moved to an apartment, apartment living was unfair to him and he was unhappy

my brother took him and now he is as happy as can be.

Eleni

BMDLuver
April 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Berners all the way! lol

nymph
April 12th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Go retrievers Go!

Beetlecat
April 12th, 2005, 01:00 PM
JUst wanted to add that this is a multiple choice poll. You can pick more than one option :)

And I know ome dogs kinda stradle many groups (GSD for example). Just go with whatever feels right.

glasslass
April 12th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I just gotta have my snuggly, fluffy little dog that I can take easily anwhere with me and that I can brush and groom and fuss over. That nurturing instinct to fuss over a baby, even though I never had the yen for a real one.

Writing4Fun
April 12th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hmmm... had to limit myself to three groups (herding, working, sporting), but could easily have picked all of them. ;) Definitely, though, my favourite by far is the "mutt" group! :D

happycats
April 12th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Writing4fun, I love the good ol Mutt too, I wish there was that option, because I would have picked it for sure !! :)

nymph
April 12th, 2005, 01:53 PM
JUst wanted to add that this is a multiple choice poll. You can pick more than one option :)

Dohhh! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/BANGHEAD2.JPG

I love the herding group and working group as well. :p

heeler's rock!
April 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I love the hearding group, obviously! I have 2 heeler crosses and a border collie. I just love their energy, intelligence, and drive.

I also didn't know I could pick more than one group though!! I also love the working group, Bernese Mountain dogs and Great Pyrs are some of my faves! :D

Shamrock
April 12th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I too could easily have picked them all, each has its own great unique qualites. :thumbs up
I picked the working and toy groups.
I really admire the large dogs, I grew up with German Sheperds.
But for the best fit personally today, I love the small companion dog .Easy to handle and clean up after.
And like Glass, I too have that nurturing "fuss-over " instinct that just lends itself to the fluffy small breeds. ;)

meb999
April 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
I would have to say all of the above!!! :D

My favorite dog group : the nice dog!

Prin
April 12th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I picked working and sporting dogs. Dobies, danes, huskies, newfs, leonbergers, labs, pointers, Weims, Chesapeake Bays.

doggy lover
April 12th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Hearding are my fav, I guess thats why I have Tucker. Even my last dog was a german shepherd cross with bernese and even they have been used for herding and droving. Got to luv them.