Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good news! One more spayed kitty!!!

mesaana
April 8th, 2005, 08:48 PM
My mom has been feeding this kitty for a few months now. She just showed up one day and kind of stuck around. Not coming in the house but on their back enclosed gallery (hard to explain) I've been harassing my mom to get her spayed. And offering to pay for it. But she kept telling me: I don't want to keep her. I'm trying to find her a home... To which I was saying: who cares? Get her spayed anyway!

Last time I went to visit, she told me the cat had just come back from being gone 1 week. Probably in heat, too. So I made out a check and I told her to call the vet this week and get her her shots and then spayed. Didn't hear anything more about it until tonight. She called me to say the surgery's done, she got her back on Wednesday night and she's doing really well! So well, in fact, that she managed to get through a hole and jump down 7 feet to go take a walk outside! Silly kitty!

But the surgery was done just in time: she had 6 kittens!!! My mom is now really happy, she couldn't imagine caring for 6 kittens.

So, all's well!

Lyne

Eleni
April 8th, 2005, 08:52 PM
yay! if everyone did what your mother has we would certainly be alot better off.

here hoping for a quick healing for that kitty

Eleni

Karin
April 8th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Congratulations! You did a great job....in many ways.

BMDLuver
April 9th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Hurray... one less cat to reproduce a multitude of unwanted cats. That's great you and your mom worked together on it! :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
April 9th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Aww, that's good. Is your mom keeping the cat? I know she says she doesn't want any more, but that's what we all say. :rolleyes:

Which reminds me - don't you think Romeo would love a little kitty company? :D

mesaana
April 9th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys!

Lucky, about my mom keeping the cat, I really don't know. She already has 2 and they're not exactly friendly with other cats... At least now that she's spayed, I'm not so worried about her. Even if she doesn't officially keep her, she'll never go hungry :) My mother has food bowls EVERYWHERE for her cats... God forbid they'd have to walk to get to their food. Seriously, they have bowls in the kitchen, in the basement, in the garage and on the front and back balconies. I swear I'm not making this up. Needless to say, her cats are huge!

As for Romeo, who is doing very well, btw, I'm not getting another cat as long as I'm travelling back and forth between Ottawa and Montreal every week-end. Romeo is just starting to get used to the car. When I'm more stable, we'll see (although I'll probably get a dog then...)

Lyne