Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Charles and Camilla

Shamrock
April 8th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Do you think they are getting unfair and mean-spirited treatment regarding their marriage?
Or do you think its just desserts? ;)
They not exactly the darlings of the press, are they?

As for their wedding day.. aside from the embarrasing major security lapse.. apparently it might snow....

A match made in heaven?
or....

chico2
April 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Well,I never cared for anyone in the Royal Family,Charles least of all :yuck:
Camilla and him make a good pair,if he loved her soo much,he should have married her instead of making Dianas life miserable.
In a way I think they deserve to be happy,I don't really care,as long as they don't come here for a visit at the Canadian taxpayers expence :D
I heard one stuffy English reporter talking about Camilla saying"I guess love is blind!" I suppose he had not had a close look at Charles lately,he's no Brad Pitt :D

Prin
April 8th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Doesn't every wedding day follow Murphy's law? I think they are people and deserve happiness just like every one else. The royal family is pretty useless now and they aren't powerful to do any real damage to the world. I think we should just let it be. If Charles was in North America, wouldn't he be on his 5th or 6th wife by now?

melanie
April 8th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Princess Di had a nick name for camilla "horse face" i personally think it is appropriate, yes they deserve happiness but i hate what they did to Di and will never accept them. i love the queen and Di (just for the strong chics that they are) so i feel i just cannot approve. but what really gets me is the fact that he was with camilla when he married the beautiful princess so he was just an ugly cheat if you ask me, oh those poor boys :eek: his confusion and i suspect aesthetic desires destroyed the lovely Di, grrrr kick kick punch punch (doing punching moves on charlies)..

but he will never be king so that is a very very big relief, did you hear he had to apologise to camillas ex husband, its something todo with the church of england or whatevers requirements, i think that is very funny.

im certainly not watching it on tv :yuck: :yuck:

twodogsandacat
April 8th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I don't have much use for them but everybody deserves to be happy.

Daisy's Owner
April 8th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Melanie, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I really think that they are making a mockery of the Royal family. I also think he should abdicate the throne.

Writing4Fun
April 8th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I can't believe they were considering, even for a second, going ahead with their wedding today in spite of the Pope's funeral. That would have been one looonely wedding! Well, at least they would have had the privacy they've been looking for! :p

Prin
April 8th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Well there are 1 billion roman catholics in the world and 4 billion other people. I don't see why it's a big deal. They're not catholic. It's like saying Don't get married because the prime minister of some other country died...

twinmommy
April 8th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I don't think it's really a question of being Catholic or not...I think it's a matter of giving a respectful mourning time to a noble figurehead who did alot of good, Catholic or not, he was in place for 26 years we could at least give him a week's worth dont' you think?

sorry, don't mean to hijack, back to the Royals--ewwwww!! boo hiss!! :D

JDG
April 8th, 2005, 07:13 PM
The pope died on Friday last didn't he. . .so it has been a week. I'm sure if he was with us now he would have said he thought there was too much fuss about his death. :)

He was a simple man.

-----------------------------

I've just moved back to Canada after living the last 3 years in England.

I for one am happy for both Prince Charles and the new 'Duchess of Cornwall' Camilla.

If Prince Harry and Prince William can forgive their father and his unfaithfullness to their mother, then why shouldn't we?

If Prince Charles hadn't been forced to marry Diana by deep traditions, I'm sure he would have married Camilla in the first place. . .

But then the world wouldnt have the two handsome princes that thankfully look so much like their mother. . .

Windsor is a beautiful city and the castle is magical! I will be waiting for Hello! and OK! with baited breath next week. . . . I can't resisit a royal wedding. . . even if the bride is a 'horse face' . . . . . .

Joey

Writing4Fun
April 8th, 2005, 07:41 PM
If President Bush had died (Heaven forbid!), and his funeral was being held on the same day as the Prince's planned civil ceremony, then yes, I would expect the Prince to delay the wedding. Whether the Prince is Catholic or not, the Pope was a great man who deserved the Prince's respect and attendance at his funeral. I'm glad the Prince changed his mind in the end. Not only for the sake of propriety, but also because all of his other illustrious guests would most likely have been at the funeral instead, which is why I said it would have been a lonely wedding. :p Oh, and I don't think the Pope is upset by the fuss being made over his death, since he had laid out a lot of the plans for his own funeral beforehand. ;) (He died on the 2nd, by the way)

I don't know much about the Royal Family, but I do wonder about their place in today's society. As for their wedding, I say go ahead! Be happy with each other! Just don't expect me to send a gift. :D (Apparently, Adrienne Clarkson is representing Canada and is bringing a pewter bowl as a gift.)

(PS. Did Harry & William forgive him of their own accord, or because they had to?)

Karin
April 8th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Too many other important issues in my life right now go give a rat's *** on who's happy or not, or who's doing what to who. All I can muster to say is be happy at all cost and enjoy every moment. Time is ticking away.

I hope they live happily ever after. Everyone deserves this.

Gazoo
April 8th, 2005, 09:30 PM
but what really gets me is the fact that he was with camilla when he married the beautiful princess so he was just an ugly cheat if you ask me, oh those poor boys :eek: his confusion and i suspect aesthetic desires destroyed the lovely Di, grrrr kick kick punch punch (doing punching moves on charlies)..

but he will never be king so that is a very very big relief, did you hear he had to apologise to camillas ex husband, its something todo with the church of england or whatevers requirements, i think that is very funny.

im certainly not watching it on tv :yuck: :yuck:

.....and Dianna acted like a Coronation Street character.... :p

and regularly cheated on Charles.......

The monarchy is a remnant of a time gone by and it should be abolished for the elitist, blue blooded, racist and sexist BS that it is.

To put people on a pedestal because of their genetic lineage is just wrong.

Prin
April 8th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Just because Diana was pretty and the media loved her doesn't mean we got the whole story. "Oh, I'm a princess. I have all the money in the world and I married Prince Charming and now I am sad. My mother in law hates me and my husband is in love with another woman. Sure I have had affairs and my youngest son looks like the man I slept with but still, I'm a victim!! Pitty me!!"
Sorry. I don't buy it. People get divorced all the time and people are afraid of their mother-in-laws all the time. Big woop. I'm a princess too, I have the worst mother-in-law, (no affairs yet though) and was anorexic for 4 years and no one noticed. No one knew she was bulemic until afterward either. It's my fault for not communicating and I don't claim for a second to be a victim about it.

Whatever.

I still say Charles deserves to be happy.

Gazoo
April 8th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Just because Diana was pretty and the media loved her doesn't mean we got the whole story. "Oh, I'm a princess. I have all the money in the world and I married Prince Charming and now I am sad. My mother in law hates me and my husband is in love with another woman. Sure I have had affairs and my youngest son looks like the man I slept with but still, I'm a victim!! Pitty me!!"

:D :D :D

Yup poooor little princess..... :rolleyes:

She knew what she was getting into when she married the lecherous twit, but she married him anyways and then whined when it wasn't a fairy tale....yeeeesh :rolleyes:

chico2
April 8th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I agree with you both,but calling Camilla a horse-face because she is not a young blushing bride,is hardly fair.Yes Diana was pretty and maybe an innocent when she got married,but she was far from it after her divorce.
So,Adrienne Clarkson will go on another expensive trip,this is one expensive lady we could do without,her $18million+budget and royal attitude is something that really bothers me.We don't need a rep for the Queen of England we are no more a colony,no more "royal subjects" :evil:
I wish Charles and Camilla a wonderful wedding tomorrow and a happy rest of their lives!!!

Shaykeija
April 9th, 2005, 12:30 AM
My nick name for Camillia is corn cruncher. With teeth like that she could eat corn through a fence. I am against this wedding.

Stewart
April 9th, 2005, 03:03 AM
As a resident of England my two penneth on this subject ;) I am not a big royal fan myself,Having said that I dont envy the family thier lot as members and the way thier lives have to be.Having said that I feel that Charles should be allowed to live in peace with his chosen spouse but also he should give up his succession to the throne and become a private person,And let William take the role of first in line to the throne.If the Royal family and thier advisors think for one minute that the feelings of the people will change with time and Camilla will eventually be welcome as the kings consort then they had better think again :rolleyes: She has never and will never win over the masses hearts over here ;) Oh ! and by the way Iwont be watching the nuptuals :p I will watching Rugby being played and also a big horse race over here called the Grand National :)

badger
April 9th, 2005, 04:29 AM
http://www.royalweddingcam.com/?page=1

jackieb
April 9th, 2005, 07:44 AM
good luck in the grand national stewart

As a english person i think he should be able to be happy i dont think she should ever become a princess or queen. Im not a big royal fan either

chico2
April 9th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Shaykeija,in Europe perfect pearly white million-dollar teeth is not as important as here in NorthAmerica and unless Camilla has a mouthful of rotten teeth,she should hardly be judged by her teeth...I say leave them be..
This wedding is everything but a "royal"wedding,it's an older couple finally getting the guts to get married.Although I am definetly no fan of Charles,he did his duty,married a"girl"chosen for him,produced two handsome princes,now it's his turn.
Maybe everyone would be happier had he chosen to marry a Supermodel rather than a somewhat dumpy middleaged woman,I honestly think for once Charles is doing the right thing and he should definetly give up the throne to his son.

Prin
April 9th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I never knew Charles had a comb-over... Camilla's make-up is actually not bad. So many brides get done up like wh*res with way too much make-up.

Cactus Flower
April 9th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Well, you can say that people shouldn't get fame because of their lineage, but look at what we give movie stars- mainly for their looks and ability to maybe memorize lines.

Here in the states so many still embrace a president who cheated (and got caught) because he was a great president and just a likeable person all around. (I said "many", not all, so please lets not start a seperate debate on Clinton).

And heaven help any of us if OUR looks are ever put under the microscope and criticized like we are doing to Camilla. Wow folks, that's just wrong.

I love the royal family. Loved them when I lived in Canada, love them from the states. And all lineage aside, I wish these two individuals all the best.

Shamrock
April 9th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Society rewards beauty and youth as major "accomplishments" worthy of the highest adulation on their own merit alone. Always has, and in all facets of life - from the common folk to the royalty and everything in-between.

Why are we 'more" shocked when bad things happen to lovely- looking people or when they do bad things? How could this be? They're so.. good looking.. :confused:

Part of the past public outrage was not just that Charles had a mistress.. but one so plain - so un-beautiful. Equally or more lovely physically than his wife -bad.. but more "understandable' to some.

Human frailities of character will be judged/criticized when in the public eye, but your lineage and looks are predetermined.
I wish Charles and Camilla well, and hope they enjoy happiness together as man and wife.

MegShawnMom
April 9th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes right to the bone.
I find it somewhat upsetting that everybody is making funof her appearance.Maybe we should get rid of every person who doesn't look like Brad Pitt or whats her name.Come on folks keep to the topic.
Lets not forget the queen, she is the one who wanted Charlie to marry Dianne.
more to do with image than substance.
Remember tha Dianne was no 'perfect wife'in the press she was sweet and kind, yes she did lots of service but that is to be expected-alway upfront and visable.
Both Charlie and Dianne were messing on the side, I think that they mutually agreed to carry on with there side love affairs.
She gone,he's here.Now he gets his happiness.
They did postpond there wedding by 1 day so as not to confict with the popes funeral.He did go as a representative of the Royal Family(head of the Church of England)
I do hope they find happiness and just blend into the countryside and let others carry the torch.

Gazoo
April 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Part of the past public outrage was not just that Charles had a mistress.. but one so plain - so un-beautiful. Equally or more lovely physically than his wife -bad.. but more "understandable' to some.

Human frailities of character will be judged/criticized when in the public eye, but your lineage and looks are predetermined.
I wish Charles and Camilla well, and hope they enjoy happiness together as man and wife.

Maybe Camilla is a much nicer, happier, lower maintenance and better person than Dianna was. ;)

CyberKitten
April 9th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I personally am opposed to living in a country with any monrchy (hate even having the Queen on my money) but I say give it a rest. Good for Camilla - she got her man. And calling her "horceface" and picking on her teeth is just plain mean ann imho says more about the person who does it than Camilla. I wish them every happiness - I just hope I don't as a taxpayer have to pay for any of their bills, lol

Shamrock
April 9th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Maybe Camilla is a much nicer, happier, lower maintenance and better person than Dianna was. ;)
Could be....
She is certainly more compatible by the looks of things.
I hope the relentless criticism of Camillas physical appearance will subside now that they are married,and they're left in peace as simply a middle aged couple who apparently love each other.

We cant all look like Brad and Julia :crazy:

melanie
April 10th, 2005, 02:13 AM
although i said i would not watch it, i jsut had to take a sneakey peek :rolleyes:

and one thing i did note, camilla had on the most beautifu loutfit, it was jsut georgous. i have noticed that older brides dont always look so good as they dont choose the right style or go for past styles, but she certainly look absolutly beautiful in that outfit, i just loved the jacket style thingy over the top, mmmm delic :D

oh nice comb over charlie :D

jiorji
April 10th, 2005, 09:21 AM
I can't believe they were considering, even for a second, going ahead with their wedding today in spite of the Pope's funeral. That would have been one looonely wedding! Well, at least they would have had the privacy they've been looking for! :p

actually their wedding WAS posponed due to the Pope's funeral. The Charles wedding was originally set on friday. No one should be blamed(not saying you are) for the Pope's death. They are just 2 people in love setting a wedding date, and they've waited so long to be together, if you were in their shoes you probably couldn't wait longer either, don't you think?:D

everyone deserves a second chance. Plus Charles and Diana were forced to get married it wasn't his choice. But gosh she should do something about those teeth lol

chico2
April 10th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Well,it's done and I wish them both the best.
I thought Camilla looked very elegant,did not choose to go with Queen Elisabeths designer :thumbs up
When you get up there in age,with a few wrinkles,it's difficult to look the"Blushing Bride"....but kudos to Camilla for not having her skin stretched to the limit,like so many horrors we see in some women,trying to look 20 at 60+with money to burn..
Now,if I could only stretch my turkey-neck a bit ;) :D :D

Prin
April 10th, 2005, 12:29 PM
You can't make turnkey neck sound better like "battle scar" or something chico? "Battle Turkey" or "Neck of War"?

Writing4Fun
April 10th, 2005, 02:27 PM
"wisdom folds"?

"pouches of experience"?

Shamrock
April 10th, 2005, 02:42 PM
LOL! :thumbs up Great suggestions, Writing4Fun!
Crows feet=laugh lines,
Turkey neck= pouches of experience

Cellulite = .. umm have to think on that

chico2
April 10th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Thank's guys,wisdom folds,pouches of experience...I like that :D :D
I suppose I'll just have to let it blow in the wind :crazy:

Prin
April 10th, 2005, 04:39 PM
What about Cellulite: every bump is a memory of a good meal-- Soul bumps.

Writing4Fun
April 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Cellulite and/or stretch marks: A topographical map of my life's journey. :clown:

doggy lover
April 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I just think that he should of never married Diana. I heard something ofn the radio and it made me laugh, they said that now Charles was marring his mistress there would be a new job position open. LOL

Karin
April 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I still say I wish them happiness and a long one but I must also wonder....

What was that on Camilla's head? It looked like a parrot dive-bombed her hair and got stuck, both her & Charles's hair/feathers were waving in unison as they left.....

BEAR_NZ
April 25th, 2005, 12:19 AM
what will be, will be... I just wish that the queen hadn't interferred with Charles love for Camilla in the 70's to start with.... then poor Princess Diana would not have been the 19 year old lamb to the slaughter....when you think about it, it is probably one of the cruelest stories about twists of fate that you could ever find. It all seems quite surreal really. :king: :queen: