Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my kitty didn't make it through surgery

lana
April 8th, 2005, 01:11 PM
well i got the c-section done that day asap. The vet called an hour later said everything went fine. She went to go check on something, came back to see my cat and she went into shock and died. She tried to bring her back but it just wasn't working. So 15 mins after talking to her i got the bad phone call. But i still have her four little babies that are part of her to remember her by. My friends cat had kittens and she adopted them, took them like they were hers so everything is fine. thanks everyone for your advice.
Lana :sad:

Eleni
April 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
unfortunatly cats have to die for people to realise spaying and neutering is so very important.

Im sorry about your loss, please use it as a learning experience and make sure the kittens are adopted out to proper homes with spay/neuter contracts and an adoption fee.

and PLEASE spay/neuter and pets you have in the future.

Eleni

Loraxp
April 8th, 2005, 01:53 PM
My thoughts are with you. VERY sad to hear. Glad that the little ones are doing well.

Remember that without the bad there would be no good. This kept me going through the recent loss of our 13yr old shepX, Lorax.

I agree with Eleni - adoption fees and contracts are VERY important to help ensure wonderful homes.

Blessed be.

kandy
April 8th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :sad: We lost two dogs in six weeks earlier this year - one to renal failure and one to heart disease (long term). I truly feel for you.

twodogsandacat
April 8th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I am very sorry to hear that sad news. Glad to hear the babies are OK.

Gazoo
April 8th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry............................................. ................

CyberKitten
April 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss!! (and glad for the silver lining of her babies - hope they will lead wonderful lives in good forever homes!)

mesaana
April 8th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lyne

glasslass
April 8th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I'm also sorry for your loss. It's beautiful that her babies are being cared for by your friend's cat. Isn't it wonderful how they take in babies and accept them? Cats really are special!

Schwinn
April 11th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your cats, and I'm sorry that some people are insensitive enough to use this as an opportunity to lecture you.

lana
April 13th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your cats, and I'm sorry that some people are insensitive enough to use this as an opportunity to lecture you.

Thank you so much for that, i agree with you it is insensitive, thank you thank you thank you :)

lana
April 13th, 2005, 11:39 PM
I'm also sorry for your loss. It's beautiful that her babies are being cared for by your friend's cat. Isn't it wonderful how they take in babies and accept them? Cats really are special!

Yes i love cats for that. And the kittens are doing very well. thanks :)

Princesss04
April 14th, 2005, 10:03 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about your loose. So glad you have the kittens with you. It amazes me how a mommy cat will take in another cats kittens. Nature truly is wonderful! :D

CarlaD
April 14th, 2005, 12:10 PM

I feel the exact same way.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully your kitties are doing very well and you are having fun being their mama.