Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

White Toy Poodle Missing, Daisy

mocoa
April 7th, 2005, 09:56 PM
We have lost our white toy Poodle, answers to the name of Daisy. She has been missing since Yesterday April 6, 2005 around 1:00 pm. She lives in the Garden Avenue area of Ancaster, Ontario. This little dog is very special to a little girl. Tonight we handed out flyers in the neighbourhood. Daisy weighs about 4 pounds. If you see this thread and live in Ancaster or surrounding areas, please read tomorrow's Spectator to see the reward we are offering for the return of our Daisy.
Daisy is very friendly and has runny eyes, very typical of the white poodle breed. Please check your backyards as she may be frightened and hiding somewhere. Daisy will probably be dirty by now and she does not really have a long coat at this time. She is in a puppy clip. Please reply to this thread if you have any information about our Daisy. Thanks Picture is in the attachment to this thread.

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Try your local shelters, SPCA, vets, and humane society's
Also try listing her on, www.canadastrays.com.
And good luck in your search, I hope you and your family are reunited with Daisy.

mocoa
April 7th, 2005, 10:47 PM
thanks, we have atready contacted all of the mentioned places.
we will keep looking.

CyberKitten
April 7th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Daisy! I was the proud meomy to a very smart ansd loveable poodle named Ryan who is almost identical to your little girl. Ryan was a gift to me when I was a high school student and was undergoing major surgery. His breeders were close friends of the family and the woman in the family said to gram that she "saved this fellow for the little girl who is sick."

Of couse, I really do not recommend pets of any breed or specis as gifts but I suppose in retrospect she knew even I did not survive, he would have a good home. He was actually a wonderful motivator and my best canine friend for the 17 years he lived with my family and me.

Anyway - I fear I may hijack your thread with my trip dn memory lane so I will only relate that we lost Ryan once managed to get lost. He had been outside on his leash and somehow got away. We searched and searched and later that night, a bedraggled and dirtry dog (he looked a mess but oh my, it was wonderful to see him!). Poodles are very smart and if he wandered away (unusual for this breed but it happens when they want to explore that big wide world out there), I am sure like my baby, he will managed to get back and is attempting to now. Look everywhere near your home, every place you have ever walked him and he seemed to like, call her name over and over again - have friends and family do the same.

Good luck - I so hope she willbe home where she belongs verysoon!!!

mocoa
April 8th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Hello and thanks to all for your kind words and suggestions. Daisy was seen this morning in a farmers field and because I had posted a flyer at our grocery store, a very kind lady called us. Daisy survived two nights outside in the cold but other than being tired she seems to have weathered the storm really well. It is not until you do not have them around do you realize how important they are. I believe that if you lose your pet a flyer immediately is perhaps the best way to find your loved pet. Thanks to all and Daisy will take a quick trip to the vet just to double check everything. We are glad to have our Daisy home.

chico2
April 8th, 2005, 05:38 PM
That's the post I was hoping for,soo glad you found her :thumbs up

CyberKitten
April 8th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I am thrilled to hear this great news!! I bet that was one happy reunion!!

mesaana
April 8th, 2005, 11:02 PM
What excellent news!

Lyne

glasslass
April 8th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I just read this thread and am so happy it ended well. I was relating to your heartbreak and realizing how sick I would be to have my own white fur-baby lost and on his own. Give Daisy lots of hugs, kisses, and tum-tums. Don't you wish she could talk and tell her experiences while gone? If she's not already, please have Daisy microchipped. It's an easy procedure and could be another ticket home. Hopefully, never needed.

mocoa
April 9th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Just a short thanks to all of the community and the merchants of Ancaster who allowed me to post signs in their windows for our Daisy. Those of you who did not allow it, you know who you are and I believe should not be part of our community. You are all quick to take our money but are willing to give nothing back. You will not be a merchant that myself or any of our family will frequent again. Thjere areother similar stores and I don't care if it is a few pennies more. I hope that you never lose your pet. To the people who read this thread fron Ancaster Ontario. the Dollarama on Wilson Street, First Choice Hair Salon, Swiss Chalet are a few that would not help in any way.... Good luck to them to stay in Business.
Daisy had a good trip to the Vet and was 3% dehydrated, really not too bad for what she had weathered. She has slept every chance she can get but in a week she will be full of energy again.
Thanks to all again and I hope no one has to experience that stress ever in their lives. :thumbs up