Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DumpDalton's new Billboard:

Loki
April 7th, 2005, 07:18 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2005/04/07/986138-sun.html

Lobbyists dog Dalton

By CHRIS DAPONTE, TORONTO SUN

ONTARIO taxpayers are tired of all the bull Premier Dalton McGuinty's been feeding them. That's the message behind a new billboard erected on Tuesday at the corner of Bay and Gerrard Sts. The billboard features a picture of a dog beside a picture of McGuinty. Above the dog a caption reads "PIT BULL," and above the premier it reads "POLITICAL BULL."

Ontarians for Responsible Government (ORG), a project group of the National Citizens Coalition, has owned the billboard location for about 15 years and says its newest billboard was put up to correspond with the release of the provincial budget, expected next month.

"We're just trying to remind voters and taxpayers that this premier has no credibility. You can't trust what he says and he breaks his promises," ORG director Gerry Nicholls said. "One of the things we'd like to see the premier do to make amends is to cut taxes in his next budget."

Nicholls said he hopes the most recent message reaches McGuinty. "We know these billboards can get under politicians' skin," he said. "I remember Bob Rae used to complain about them."

A McGuinty spokesman refused to comment on the billboard yesterday.

"As a government, we're focused on things like smaller classes in our schools, shortening waiting times in health services and making our communities strong and safe," Chris Morley said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is their website:
http://www.dumpdalton.org

twodogsandacat
April 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
That's one scary looking creature with those beady little eyes. Then again the dog kinda has beady little eyes too.

babyrocky1
April 7th, 2005, 07:28 PM
ha ha love the sentiment love the caption but they could have used a way cuter "Pit bull" like mine haha!

twodogsandacat
April 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
That is a pit bull right? I mean not even Bryant could mistake that dog could he? Number 16....

seeker
April 7th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I liked it so much I sent the dumpdalton website a cheque BAHAHAHAH

twodogsandacat
April 7th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I liked it so much I sent the dumpdalton website a cheque BAHAHAHAH

I liked your idea so much I paid online. :thumbs up

seeker
April 7th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I liked your idea so much I paid online. :thumbs up

I love it !!!

Schwinn
April 8th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I actually find that picture kind of scary. The pitbulls a good looking fella...

LL1
April 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM
The billboard looks great.I like the Ontarians for Responsible Government who do the billboards,they don't pull any punches or play favorites.They have trashed every Premier/party for what they feel are stupid decisions or policies.

Spurby
April 9th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I am not sure why they are comparing McGuinty to a pit bull? this billboard has nothing to do with bill 132, so why the comparison? If they intended to compare Mcguinty to a pit bull(which many will think this i am sure) then it isn't a good thing is it?

LL1
April 9th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I see it more as a play on words and pointing out the stupidity involved.I also see the word bull for Dalton as a short form for bs,in reference to all the lies.

Loki
April 9th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I don't think that they are comparing McGuinty to a pitbull.
I think they are just taking a poke at McGuinty's dishonesty( political BS).

I think people will take it as: McGuinty is handing us lies and distractions, instead of dealing with real issues.

seeker
April 9th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I don't think that they are comparing McGuinty to a pitbull.
I think they are just taking a poke at McGuinty's dishonesty( political BS).

I think people will take it as: McGuinty is handing us lies and distractions, instead of dealing with real issues.

Agreed I think "political bull" is in reference to what Mcguinty is spewing everytime his lips move .

twodogsandacat
April 10th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Loyal, trustworthy and faithful. There ain't no way Dalton could be compared to a dog (unless it was an altered dog).

Schwinn
April 11th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I kind of took it as the primary purpose was a comment on McGuinty, but I also thought a lot of people might view it on a commentary on the bill as well, as it was all about politicking, not actually doing what is right for the province.

babyrocky1
April 11th, 2005, 11:17 AM
I took it that way too Schwinn! I hope that everyone else does too. It It hard to know how the general public will view things. Obviously bbaaaddd for Mquinty, but how about th pit bulls? I dont know but in my neighborhoood, people are starting to come around a little, Two pug owners let Rocky play with their dogs yesterday! this is not a common occurance anymore. I brought up the bill and they started to rant about how stupid it was, I didn't have to enlighten them at all, just stand there and ENJOY. One guy said that he had been previously for the ban but since hes heard about other breeds of dogs attacking and killing,
hes decided its all politics. Maybe people are starting to smarten up and they are starting to get a little info from the media. :) If this is there attitude then that would see the billboard the same as we do. If ther attitude towards our dogs still sucks then no harm done anyway!

Copper'sMom
April 11th, 2005, 04:32 PM
they could have used a way cuter "Pit bull" like mine haha!

Great minds think alike!! That's the first thought that came to my mind when I saw the dog!

Off topic : If that's a "true" Pit Bull, then what are our dogs?? Or is that more like a Staff Bull terrier??

Dalton is so full of bull,(and so is the pit bull ban) and people's opinions and views on Pit's. I wonder if the outcome of the ban would have been differently, had all this come out before the ban was voted on??

babyrocky1
April 11th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Michael Bryant hes so sitty Ban the Bull and save the Pittie!

OR

Michael Bryant he aint pretty Ban the Bull and save the PittIE
ugly picture of Bryant cute picture of Pittie
[Rocky, or Copper]!

I d do it but I dont know photo shop haha! maybe Ill draw it, could take a while to capture Bryants ugliness!!!!!