Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

best cereals

raingirl
April 7th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Ok..I'm not really a cereal person, but I hate buying a box, then it doesn't taste good.

I took a chance buying the new All Bran strawberry bites, and it is SOOOO good! I don't eat it with milk thought. I just eat it out of a bowl like a snack, and have my glass of milk with it!

they also double as dog treats (if you dog is ok with wheat!)

Anyone have other good cereals they can recommend?

Trinitie
April 7th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. I just had a bowl for breakfast!
Raisin Bran Crunch

mmmmm :p

One cereal to avoid:
Wheatabix :yuck:
Just like eating wet sawdust. :yuck: :yuck:

Eleni
April 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I like honey bunches of oats.

usually the almond kind is my favourite

however usually my kids win the cereal fight and we get honey cheerios

Eleni

CyberKitten
April 7th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Kashi anything for me - strawberry, honey puffed rice and the crunch stuff are my favs tho. www.kashi.com

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 12:31 PM
One cereal to avoid:
Wheatabix :yuck:
Just like eating wet sawdust. :yuck: :yuck:

Aww really , I just love wheatabix, with brown sugar on top !
I also like;
-berry special K
-berry Cheerios, honey nut Cheerios
-raisin bran
-mini wheat

twinmommy
April 7th, 2005, 12:50 PM
sshhhhhh!!!

I love Lucky Charms hee hee hee

Princesss04
April 7th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Twinmommy you are the BEST. I love that as well. I wanted to post it but everyone was posting about health cereals so I thought ummm maybe I will wait till I hear someone else mention a sugar cereal and you are the one. UMMMM LUCKY CHARMS! :D :D :D

Trinitie
April 7th, 2005, 12:58 PM
COCOPUFFS!
Mmmmmmmmm - chocolate!!!

Aww really , I just love wheatabix, with brown sugar on top !Really? How do you choke it down when it turns into a big bowl of wet sawdust? I got a sample pack once, added milk and brown sugar, but before I could take 2 bites, it was a big blob of brown.

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Twinmommy and princess04.......I think you bring out the :evil: in me LOL

I love,
Coco puffs
Corn pops
and Nesquick is great (turns your milk into chocolate milk!!)
Life cereal is good to.

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Really? How do you choke it down when it turns into a big bowl of wet sawdust? I got a sample pack once, added milk and brown sugar, but before I could take 2 bites, it was a big blob of brown.

The trick is, to use only a little milk ( in the bottom of the bowl) snd don't pour it over (pour it beside), and eating it quick helps to :D (before it turns to mush)!

twinmommy
April 7th, 2005, 01:05 PM
hee hee hee sugar cereals rock!! I find they're good for when you feel like munching something...usually in the evening...and it's not like eating a whole bag of cookies...or 5 Krispy Kremes...NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW !!!! ;)

Fruity Pebbles are good too!! And any chocolate cereal with bananas on top!!!

YUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Princesss04
April 7th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I love all those as well. I love Corn Pops and Coco puffs, I hate to drink the milk after ceral but in Nesquick I will drink it I love the milk after that. :D

Twinmommy and princess04.......I think you bring out the :evil: in me LOL

I love,
Coco puffs
Corn pops
and Nesquick is great (turns your milk into chocolate milk!!)
Life cereal is good to.

Copper'sMom
April 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM
:D Fruit Loops!!!! :D And for a healthy cereal..............Oatmeal Crisp - Apples and brown sugar kind!! This is real good!!

Princesss04
April 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM
UMMM 5 Krispy Kreme doughnuts sounds wonderful! LOL I mean the banana sounds wonderful! :D I have a sweet tooth! I am hungry now. I am suppose to be leaving for my lunch break but my boss in an important meeting that he can not me distrubed and if I leave and the phone rings I will be in trouble. LOL So hear I am reading about food and eatting Jolly Rancher jelly beans. LOL :D

hee hee hee sugar cereals rock!! I find they're good for when you feel like munching something...usually in the evening...and it's not like eating a whole bag of cookies...or 5 Krispy Kremes...NOT THAT I WOULD KNOW !!!! ;)

Fruity Pebbles are good too!! And any chocolate cereal with bananas on top!!!

YUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

twinmommy
April 7th, 2005, 01:16 PM
JOLLY RANCHER!!! YOU rock!!! jolly rancher is the BEST!!! so's Starburst jellybeans. :thumbs up

coppers' mom---Oatmeal Crisp rocks also!!! I throw a weird, demented absurd ammount of raisins in the Apple n Brown Sugar one---AWESOME!!!

should I be this excited over cereal?

(note to self: get a life) but you guys understand??? Don't you???!!?! ;)

hee hee hee

Princesss04
April 7th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I was getting ready to say we all need a life. We are getting this exicited over food. LOL You can see our two passions PETS and FOOD! LOL :D :D

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Krispy Kreme mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Love em, My co-worker brought in 2 dozen last week, and ate "12" not a typo, 1 dozen all by herself !!! within about 2 hours !!
I have a wicked sweet tooth, and "Hi my name is Liz, and I am a chocoholic"
It's horrible, no chocolate is safe near me! I just can't control myself !!

Oh sorry getting back to cereals,
I also love count chocula
and I love fruit loops to
maple wheates

Has anyone else tried the new golden Oreo's.............amazing mm mmm mmm love em! They taste just like those vanilla girl guide cookies!

twinmommy
April 7th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Well...since we're fessin' up.... as far as junk food goes....

"My name is Lori, and I have a problem....."

*room responds:"Hi Lori"

:D :D :D :D :D

I love junk food!! sweet!! salty!!! you name it!! even gross candies that no one likes!! When I was a kid I ate my halloween candy in an hour and a half!!! a whole pillowcase!!!

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 01:31 PM
That's it, i am starting a junk food thread, as I think we highjacked poor raingirls cereal thread !!!!

twinmommy
April 7th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Has anyone else tried the new golden Oreo's.............amazing mm mmm mmm love em! They taste just like those vanilla girl guide cookies!

Yup!! they taste exactly like that!!! The Dare chocolate sandwich cookies taste like the chocolate ones!!!(girl guide)

One thing that I found a letdown was the Nestle chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Just tasted like mocha. No "chunks" if you know what I mean. :D

are we weird or what??

twinmommy
April 7th, 2005, 01:32 PM
good idea!!! Sorry Raingirl!!! :o

raingirl
April 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Hey, it's ok.

WHERE do you get fruity pebbles?? I can't find them in stores here and I used to eat them all the time when I was a kid. I loved them!!

Sneaky2006
April 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Fruity Pebbles ROCK! I love them... you can even make them into fruity rice crispy treats, YUM!

I love the Count Chocula, Boo Berry
Cocoa Pebbles
Cookie Crisp
And I love Basic 4, it's a healthy one, but soooo good.

pollito
April 7th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Gotta have my POPs , I love it, I really think it is the best think out there. Maybe one of the resaons: I don't like chocolate. But I've tried many others and I am really hooked on this one.

melanie
April 7th, 2005, 06:26 PM
why are there so many saltanas in so many cereals? i am absolutly sick of seeing the disgusting little things in my box ever morning. why cant they make more without them? is there any nutritional value to them, surely not, it could not be. :p dont they understand that it takes a good 5 minutes every single morning to pick all those ugly little black things out of my bowl, its really an exhautsing effort for a bit of flavoursome cereal. what a girl has to do these days :rolleyes: (i know i should make my own but i t wont taste the same).

Prin
April 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I'm getting sick of corn pops... They are the only cereal I can eat now. I got some sort of intolerance to a food addititive associated with flour and oats. I can't eat anything with oats or that is "fortified" for nutritional value. I used to love oatmeal and "Oat Bran" (it's healthy-ish AND sweet). It really sucks because I used to love cereal. I think that is why I ended up with this... Too much cereal.

raingirl
April 8th, 2005, 10:54 AM
melanie, I know what you mean! I hate raisins!!

You know what I also hate...puffed wheat (i.e. sugar crisp). My mother made me eat this as a kid when camping. EWWW

Rick C
April 8th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Saturday morning, Bugs Bunny on the tube, get a big bowl out, put in a layer of Shreddies, a layer of Cheerios, a layer of Rice Krispies, some Corn Flakes and some bran.

Put in copious amounts of milk.

Turn the TV up because you can't hear Elmer Fudd over the crunching.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

BEAR_NZ
April 25th, 2005, 01:09 AM
oh oh.... you guys have made me so so hungry... and some of the foods you mentioned i remember so well when i was in Canada... and i cannot get them here in New Zealand... I am in soooooo much trouble!!!!! ;)