Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sure Are Alot Of Newbies With Smelly Kitty Problems

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Am i really the only one here that is noticing this????????????? Just my opinion..................I am sure i will have to delete this thread,but please someone else has got to have noticed this.........

Trinitie
April 6th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Smelly kitties?

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 12:57 PM
What's your point? Just curious, I posted about a smelly cat a while ago, should I not have? Why would you have to delete this thread?

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
im sure if my kitty were smelly id be inquiring too.

i tend to think that the only bad question is a question unasked.

even if its repetative at least there are people informing themselves about their pets thankfully.

Eleni

Trinitie
April 6th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Kayla, I think this is between me and Heidi, I "think". Long story, I'd rather not go into. If it IS what I think it is, Heidi, just relax would ya? sheesh

You did just fine posting about your smelly cat (I just thought of Pheobe on "Friends"). It is still stinking? :eek: :p

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Forget it..................I will delete this.I was just trying to point out there are alot of new threads getting started here recently by different people{which is questionable]about bleeding anus's,blood coming from vagina,etc etc.,I guess i am the only one who finds it very very very odd.................

Trinitie
April 6th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Whatever. You want it deleted, go ahead. Have at'er.

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
No, I think it was anal glands acting up from stress from being preggies, and going from a home to the SPCA to another home. She doesn't smell anymore though so I guess it wasn't serious! Maybe it was something she was being fed ;)
Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day though :D

"Smelly cat, smelly cat
What are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, smelly cat
It's not your fault"

Trinitie
April 6th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Smelly Cat

Chorus:
Smelly Cat, Smelly cat what are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, smelly cat it's not your fault...
They won't take you to the vet.
You're obviously not their favorite pet.
You may not be a bed of roses,
And you're no friend to those with noses.
Smelly cat, smelly cat what are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, smelly cat it's not your fault!

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Forget it..................I will delete this.I was just trying to point out there are alot of new threads getting started here recently by different people{which is questionable]about bleeding anus's,blood coming from vagina,etc etc.,I guess i am the only one who finds it very very very odd.................

I still don't get what your point is. Is there a conspiracy on pets.ca? :eek:

Rita
April 6th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks Kayla ..... I was just about to say the same thing....
"I don't get it :confused: "

Princesss04
April 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I am lost as well. LOL But that is nothing new. I mean I have had blonde moments all week. LOL :D

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Hee Hee,yes there is a conspiracy...But nevermind, i see it..and really cant believe u cannot...Okee dokee......................

meb999
April 6th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Smelly Cat

Chorus:
Smelly Cat, Smelly cat what are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, smelly cat it's not your fault...
They won't take you to the vet.
You're obviously not their favorite pet.
You may not be a bed of roses,
And you're no friend to those with noses.
Smelly cat, smelly cat what are they feeding you?
Smelly cat, smelly cat it's not your fault!

LOL trinitie!! When I saw the name of the thread, I thought of that song, I was going to come here and write down the words...you beat me to the punch...great minds think alike!!!

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 01:40 PM
That is pretty funny.so sad so sad....

Lucky Rescue
April 6th, 2005, 02:02 PM
LOLOL!! My cats are really smelly, although I should be so grateful that Stinkerbell has quit farting in my face.

You've been BUTT KISSED!! (http://www.ecardology.com/hugs_and_kisses/ecards/kisses001.html)

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I love it..................That is pretty comical/////////////////Still sad...........................So why do cats bleed from vagina//////////////////////////////////////

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I have a cat that greets you with a fart to the face too, its really quite charming :eek:

Eleni

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Kitty bleeding from anus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,
I know this is a gross subject but it is causing a lot of concern fo me. My kitty who is 3 years old has been deficating in the house and not in her litter box. Her feces is fine but there is always a little blood at the end of it. It is bright red and I am wondering if it is possible for kitties to have hemmroids
(not sure if that is how you spell it) Has anyone else had this problem?

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM
im totally confused

however im gonna end up singing that smelly cat song all evening now, my poor husband will think ive gone off the deep end

Eleni :crazy:

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM
OH MY GOD THE SMELLY CAT SONG.. SMELLY CAT SMELLY CAT...I love that song......I still refuse to believe there is not one person that does not know what i am talking about......WOW

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 02:55 PM
OH MY GOD THE SMELLY CAT SONG.. SMELLY CAT SMELLY CAT...I love that song......I still refuse to believe there is not one person that does not know what i am talking about......WOW

Are you wondering about the amount of smelly cats or bleeding cats?

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 02:59 PM
The bleeders.....And the differnent log in names i see asking and saying pretty much the same ridicoulus things............

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Ohhhh so there is one real poster with a very bleedy cat?

Princesss04
April 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Maybe there are just alot of smelly cats. I do not know. I am not even sure all the post you are talking about.

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 03:21 PM
ah I get your point you think someone is trolling.

Eleni

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I TRIED TO FIND THE VAGINA BLEEDING ONE,I CANT REMEMBER WHERE IT WAS POSTED.AND YES I WOULD BET MY LIFE ON IT IT IS A TROLLER THAT HAS POSTED THE VAGINA BLEEDING AND ALOT OF THE OTHER ONES I HAVE SEEN..I really dont know how to explain what i am trying to say..It just seems the same person keeps changing there name and try to get people upset,and i feel bad for everyone that is getting upset and trying to help this person who is only here to upset people.So pelase dont jump down my throat i like everyone here,that is why it pisses me off that this person is here just to mess with :grouphug: :grouphug: peoples emotions....................

chico2
April 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Oh,Oh...what's going on here :confused: :confused: My cats smell wonderful,I have my nose in their fur all the time :D :D
A while back we had a"smelly cat"problem I think it was VCheng in Hong Kong :D

Princesss04
April 6th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I think there is a way that the mods can look and see if they think that this is going on. We have wonderful people in charge here and I am sure if the suspect anything they are right on top of it. So I am sure that if this is happening than it will be taken care of soon. :D

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Ya but they have enough to contend with, just monitoring us (the good guys)... :)

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 04:08 PM
It is just funny i have pmd the bleeder and some others to see how there pets are and have not heard anything back.It is also funny how they are here and then disappear and a new name appears with another just ridicoulous question.Once again i want to make it clear i am only saying this because it pi**** me off.....Because you guys really are true animal lovers and care alot................Myslef included....................

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 04:39 PM
heidi, I know exactly what you mean, so don't worry. That's why I said in the Siamese thread that they're coming out of the wood work or something. It must be that time of year, because I remember this same type of posting around last summer.

Bleeding vagina, bleeding anus, olive oil ears, not pooping or peeing in three days (I'm not sure about this one, but the OP hasn't been back).
Most of these threads come with a fight, then they are never heard from again, unless they make a different name, which is really sad because some of these things could really be happening to people but I am always doubtful because of these 'kids'. I say kids because no adult in their right mind would do this type of thing for sh!ts and giggles.

I wonder if there's a type of message board that you can only have 1 IP and/or email registered and if there's ever a problem where you need a new name, the only way is to ask Mods.

PS: I don't think heidi meant actual cats that smell... fishy threads for sure, not smelly cats.

mafiaprincess
April 6th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I've noticed on other boards where I am a member that the number of trolls is way up lately too.

And generally the threads are upsetting to true animal lovers. Like the possibilty of a sick animal not getting vet care because it 'might' be normal..

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Thank u Thank u Sneaky & Mafia,these last few days there has been alot,and the other thing i notice they are always about two line sentences..And sounds like the same damn person ,because the way it is worded sounds exatly the same,a young person that doesnt spell very well,and has the same attitude. :thumbs up :thumbs up :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 05:11 PM
What's really upsetting is that I think a lot of these people don't even have animals, they're just looking for trouble and see that in the past we've jumped on people for not going to the vet or getting mad because a cat's head is collapsing but the owner didn't take it to the vet.
They think it is funny, which it's so not and when we reply it just makes it worse (better for them) and so they do it more and more.

Thank God for Karma, what goes around comes around. Maybe people that lie about bleeding anuses or collapsing heads will really have to deal with it one day, but on themselves! :evil:

Edit, it was a dogs heading collapsing not a cats, sorry.

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Ditto to what SNEAKY said,you hit it right on the head............................................. :thumbs up :thumbs up

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Couldn't they just close those threads really quickly? Like if someone has another question about bleeding or bad bowels or pregnant cats, just put "Please see your vet about this issue or search our archives" and close the thread? If they keep getting closed without any arguement, the people might stop.

Karin
April 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
School is still out in many areas for spring break. In the south, spring break was delayed due to "make up" time the students needed due to lost days from the hurricane season. I dunno, I havn't been around much but I do know there are many bored, idle kids stealing time on mom/dads computer...again, like last year.
Just my thought on this thread.

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I don't know, sure there are some bored kids out there but I really think we should give people the benefit of the doubt if they come here asking for help. Why would someone post fake questions about bleeding cat bums? Don't you think maybe they would at least vary their questions? Maybe it's just coincidence. And a pet site doesn't seem like the type of place prankster kids would hang out, but then I could just be disconnected from today's youth. Just seems really paranoid to suspect everyone of being a "troller". Mind you, I have no idea what threads you guys are talking about, guess I haven't been paying enough attention. Maybe if I read them I would agree.

Safyre
April 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I understand where Heidiho is comming from, when you first posted Heidi, i figured you were talking about trolls, and I think I know which threads you were referring to, and the names.

However, I also agree with Kayla, that sometimes, people need to be given a chance as they might be annoying, but not intentionally. (admittedly, I think the 'is my cat in heat' and 'bleeding from anus' were from trolls)

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:08 PM
You are right,people do need a chance..I am only talking about the 2 sentence person,start lookin for that and u will know who i am talking about...

happycats
April 6th, 2005, 06:09 PM
And I thought it was just me, (more people asking crazy questions, to start a fight)
I was getting really stressed, as some were PM'ing me with nasty crap when I replied to thier threads :eek:
At least know I know it's probably the same person, or group of people/ children, just causing trouble).
To bad there isn't anything that can be done about it.

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Perfect example right now,take a look and u will see............................................... .....Can u spot the bad post.......................

Safyre
April 6th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I can I can!
You're not crazy Heidi, other people have seen it too.
Anyone brought it to Marko's attention yet though?

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Holy cr*p! THERE'S ANOTHER ONE!!!!! And they all seem to have the same spelling and grammar errors... And have this beside: :( ALL OF THEM.

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM
That is what i was trying to say the spelling errors,EXACTLY................................See i am not a trouble maker..This person always posts something and never returns then another new person appears with a smelly bleeding stinky cat............................................... ..........................

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I think we should just be brief. Don't get upset, just answer "Go to the vet." If they do it to get a reaction, we shouldn't give them one.

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:21 PM
YEp,i think the post should be ignored completley............................

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 06:24 PM
But then if we're wrong, the person may not go to the vet. Did you notice the double post too?

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah,and what happend to the other person with the cat problems now they are gone.hmmmmmmmmmm.I really think it is very easy to spot this one with no mistake.,....And i think this person has been around a longgg time,this has happend a while ago...............

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I think i see another.....................

heidiho
April 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I am guessing this person has at least 4 different log in names from what i am seeing right now.

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
No, no, that's ME asking if you talk to your pets. Unless you're talking about something else... lol :)

Safyre
April 6th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Heidido - are you pulling your hair out yet? They are popping outta the wordwork...
I do wonder if it is more than one eprson, because they won't let you register with email addresses from 'free' providers (ie, yahoo or hotmail" soo, either this is one person with A LOT of service provider email addresses, or is a bunch of friends... or just unrelated all todather and we are all paranoid. *shrug* :confused: :yuck:

Lizzie
April 6th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I see it too! Darn it! I got suckered into answering one of them!!!

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 07:05 PM
or just unrelated all todather and we are all paranoid.

A spelling mistake! Maybe it's you! (just kidding of course).

I really think most of these people are genuine. And there may be one or two who aren't, but you can never know so just closing the thread doesn't necesarily fix anything. I just checked one of the threads and the girl did go to the vet. I think the thing to do is just CALMLY state your opinion (ie. go to the vet, get it spayed, etc etc) and leave it at that. If no one gets overexcited the posters won't have as much fun if they are trollers, and they won't be scared off if they aren't.

Just my 2 cents.

kayla
April 6th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Maybe there should be a sticky about spaying/neutering and one about going to the vet if your animal is really sick? I know it's posted around here somewhere but I doubt most people see it before they post in the general forum. Then you could just refer the people to the stickies.

Safyre
April 6th, 2005, 07:13 PM
LOL I have no idea how I typed 'todather' . too many posts. i need to stop typing.

Lucky Rescue
April 6th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Just because someone is unknowledgeable or irresponsible does not necessarily mean they are trolling and unless we are sure they are, we must take the questions seriously in case we can help an animal in need.

Since none of us (mods or admin) can possibly read and analyze every post in every thread in every forum, what you can do if you are suspicious is to send the URL of the thread to one of us, along with the user ID you are asking about and we will look at it.

Prin
April 6th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I don't know. There is just such a distinct pattern. Just choosing the same smiley to label the thread? You have 14 to choose from and you choose the same one for every odd post? I personnally would have chosen the red face for a couple of them not the unhappy face... Plus all the same spelling errors etc.

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Lucky is right about this, that's why it's hard. I know a lot of them are pranks, it's not like I have proof, but I do KNOW!
Anyway, we really have to treat them like they're not jokes so that way if there is an animal in need we can help them.

Whoever said we should reply "go to the vet" was right also, that way we don't have to deal with them other than four words (if it's a troller) and we help get them to see it's serious enough for the vet (if it's real). If it is real, they would/should come back and say how things went, I know I would!

There are many things to look for though. The two sentence thing, even if it's more than that, they don't say how old the animal is, or where it came from, or any other details which most real posters do. I would check profiles too, if someone really has a suffering pet with an emergancy situation, do you think they would take the time out to fill out a profile?? Or fill in the icons in front of the post??

Also, someone said about why would kids prank about bleeding cat bums, well that's because the forum rules say not to.

Cactus Flower
April 6th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Hey Heidi- remember Kibbles? :p

mafiaprincess
April 6th, 2005, 11:58 PM
You do need a non free provider email to sign up..
But I used my university account, and I never had to verify..
*I rarely ever check it*

So people could be making up addys..

Sneaky2006
April 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
You do need a non free provider email to sign up.. That must be new, because I only use free ones...

chico2
April 7th, 2005, 08:30 AM
I cannot see the excitment in trolling(they need to get a life!),if we suspect anything,the only answer will be "Go to the vet"like Trinitie did in one post and then closed it,asking the poster to come back after a vet-visit :thumbs up
There actually are people out there who believe you can fix an animals problems by giving an Aspirin,or they just simply will not spend the money on a vet for a"lowly cat" :mad:
Safyre,you had us all upset about Baby and you several times brought up subject causing arguments,declawing being one,but you seem to have seen the light,which is ok....still thinking of Baby though :sad:
Trolls or not,a short precise answer is the way to go...we do not want to scare away people,who might just be ignorant to their pets needs,maybe we can lessen that ignorance.

Trinitie
April 7th, 2005, 08:53 AM
As LR said, unless we have proof positive that the post is malicious, or fraudulant, we have to help in the event that it really is an animal in distress.

I'm trying to balance my tasks here, with my work, with providing my niece with the best wedding social she's ever going to dream up, all this while trying to stay sane on very little sleep (a bit of an insomniac).

So, we do what we can, as quickly as we can, in the time we have.

marko
April 7th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Free email addresses a la Hotmail are no longer allowed - they were once but no more.

If you DID sign up with one in the past - that's OK. But no new ones are accepted.

All new registrations are validated and have been for some time.

Without a doubt this is helping the board.

However we cannot catch EVERY post...so PM the mods or myself - (ALWAYS WITH THE THREAD URL) and we'll take a look if you find something suspicious.

Copper'sMom
April 7th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Holy CRAP I can't believe this thread is still going on!!lol I think alot of these people are just looking for a quick fix to whatever is ailing their pet so they don't have to fork out any money. And of course the only way to post is to sign up! Can these one time posting members be deleted??

heidiho
April 7th, 2005, 10:31 AM
YES CACTUS FLOWER,that is it,KIBBLES,SAME EXACT PATTERN..............................It was killing me who the other one was,Kibbles is it...There is a very distinct pattern and they are the same person i will not believe otherwise....................

Safyre
April 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Chico2 - Yes, i have upset some people being here. I am not as passionate about some issues as others are, and take offense to being jumped on.
There is an update on Baby in the Pet Health thread. Healthy lil boy delivered on saturday, his name is Iggy. Pics are in the pet health forum

Prin
April 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I said earlier, that I think that we should keep the posts brief, like "Take the animal to a vet". Trollers really like agitating people and whenever they post again it's just to escalate things. If the person comes back and replies to the posts with a bit of humility, then we can all reassess the situation...

Prin
April 8th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Why do all these posts eventually lead to a dead kitty? That's what I would like to know. It's like "Please help me" "Nevermind he died through no fault of my own..."

I know I am harsh but geez there is such a trend and it bugs me to read about dying kitties every day here.

heidiho
April 8th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I know isnt that funny Prin,they ALL wind up dead,go figure,.

Prin
April 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Well, not so much funny as not nice... People can be really sick...

Lucky Rescue
April 8th, 2005, 06:54 PM
"Nevermind he died through no fault of my own..."

Worse, actually. Several times an animal died (after we begged the owner to take it to a vet) and we were told "Nevermind he died and it's all YOUR fault for not telling me how to fix it."

Karin
April 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM
There may be an off chance, *for arguement sake*, that it is a real emergency situation. I admit, sometimes it is hard to see...but being here for a while (and relating to my first days), it can be misconstrued. Navigating the board can be hard at first. Language barriers and such...I could go on.
Geez, I'm kicking myself alot lately...

Prin
April 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
If it's a real emergency, they shouldn't come here to ask and then come back to blame us. If it's an emergency all we can say is bring it to the vet and if they have a problem with that, they shouldn't have pets at all.

glasslass
April 8th, 2005, 09:54 PM
YES CACTUS FLOWER,that is it,KIBBLES,SAME EXACT PATTERN..............................It was killing me who the other one was,Kibbles is it...There is a very distinct pattern and they are the same person i will not believe otherwise....................

I'm just reading this thread - been gone a few days. That was my thought too. The same type of wording, misspelling, and the smiley. Just remembering gerbils and guini-pigs that died.

heidiho
April 8th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Yes that to the gerbils how could i forget......................... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Prin
April 9th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Now it's moved to dogs...

heidiho
April 13th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Have u noticed that Prin??So did i..... :usa: :usa: