Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Four year olds dog has become Pit bull!

babyrocky1
April 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who phoned, e-mailed or both, like I did. It took some time but when I got home aftermidnight last night I watched a re-run of the City late news broadcast. Mark Daily, voice over a little girls walking her pet "PIT BULL" same film footage being shown. Its too bad it was so late that not as many people saw it, but the small victories are starting to add up! :thumbs up

seeker
April 6th, 2005, 08:03 PM
It is too bad that they couldn't have done it earlier but better late than never.

babyrocky1
April 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
So true Seeker, but on a positive note, we are gettng through, and the next time hopefully they will anticipate a day of emails and calls and not want us bugging them. They might even report it properly from the start. A friend of mine is always quoting DR. PHILL {how embarrassing} but its been going through my head about this situation" you teach people how to treat you" Dr. Phillism or not, in this situation we have to teach the media that we wont stand for biased reporting. If we were as active before with the media as we are now there would not be so much hate and ignorance out there for Bryant to exploit.

Daisy's Owner
April 6th, 2005, 08:56 PM
HEY!!! What's wrong with Dr. Phil?

Good job on the emails and phone calls. Here's hoping the next time they do the right thing.

Copper'sMom
April 7th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Wooo Hooo!!

Akeeter
April 8th, 2005, 12:36 AM
I hope it doesn't centre it out for Bryant's interest in future. :eek:

babyrocky1
April 8th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Yikes, I hope not too, I highly doubt that though, the dog will obviously be under the same conditions as all of our other friendly pitties in Toronto. She is obviously "a pit bull type dog" this is Toronto, none of us will be able to escape these regs unless we win a court battle. If she were in the country she may be able to get by incognito, so to speak, but in the city! I dont think we "OUTED her"! Gosh I hope not!!!

seeker
April 8th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Sad , isn't it that by doing the right thing we now feel we may have made the dog a target .
It was pretty obvious that it was a pit type dog . I am sure the eyes of "big brothe liberal" was all over this story long before we got involved.
They were probably more than a little ticked that a pitbull of all things got some good press .

babyrocky1
April 9th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Isnt there some anual animal hero type award tht the city gives out for good deeds by four legged creatures. What if we could nominate this dog???? They already had the situation and parents checked out by the childrens aid and found no fault of the parents, so they might agree to get the dog some good press. I would sure be proud if it were my dog. They probably hate Bryant as much as we do. :D

twodogsandacat
April 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM
What did this dog do that was extraordinary? It allowed one of it's owners to take it for a walk. Nothing too amazing there really, just a good dog that happens to be a pit.

I wouldn't let a child walk my dogs so this dog has good leash manners but is that worthy? I just asking maybe you see something I donít.

Purina has yearly awards and they do occasionally select pits (those covered by Bill 132). This years (2004) included a dreaded Cane Corso...remember the devil dog described by the Sun as the next problem dog. Go figure.

http://www.purina.ca/halloffame/default.asp?year=2004

Check out 2004,2001,1999. These years have pictures and these dogs look like ...........

babyrocky1
April 9th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Your probably right Two Dogs, but I saw it like the dog was taking care of the child on the "mean streets" of Toronto. I imagined that all sorts of things could have happened to her out there, which is true, and I do think that the dog stuck so close to protect her, rather than running off chasing a squirrel or somethig, but it was just the two of them so well never know if the dog was a hero or not, no its not the same as a dog allerting someone of a burning building, In case no one noticed I do tend to get carried away sometimes ha ha Sometimes a reality check is in order :crazy: Glad to see the "Canary" dog got some good press though!

seeker
April 9th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Your probably right Two Dogs, but I saw it like the dog was taking care of the child on the "mean streets" of Toronto. I imagined that all sorts of things could have happened to her out there, which is true, and I do think that the dog stuck so close to protect her, rather than running off chasing a squirrel or somethig, but it was just the two of them so well never know if the dog was a hero or not, no its not the same as a dog allerting someone of a burning building, In case no one noticed I do tend to get carried away sometimes ha ha Sometimes a reality check is in order :crazy: Glad to see the "Canary" dog got some good press though!

What is this reference to the "mean streets" all about ? Don't you know that crime is "down" in the big city ? I mean you feel safer walking arond now that the Liberals have banned pitbulls don't you ?
I haven't heard about any murders since........well........ I think it was this morning . BUT there hadn't been a murder since .....well...... the day before ?

Does anyone thing we have been "fooled" or maybe even LIED to again ?

twodogsandacat
April 10th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Well actually you probably are safer with the Liberals in power.

Think about it. There are only a few things people maim and kill each other over. Money, power and sex.

Well by stealing and taxing your money the Liberals have reduced your chances of you being harmed for your money.

Then there is another reason also. Stupidity. Well, they backed down on Sushi and while in Mississauga last week I ate Sushi twice. How I wish they were there to protect me. BTW: I survived. This time.

seeker
April 11th, 2005, 09:49 PM
What the Liberals do to us:
Money , they take it from us
Power , they charge more for hydro so we pay more or get less
Sex , I can't say it

twodogsandacat
April 11th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Want to see the new screening for the back glass of my SUV?

kigaro
April 12th, 2005, 07:46 AM
What is this reference to the "mean streets" all about ? Don't you know that crime is "down" in the big city ? I mean you feel safer walking arond now that the Liberals have banned pitbulls don't you ?
I haven't heard about any murders since........well........ I think it was this morning . BUT there hadn't been a murder since .....well...... the day before ?

Does anyone thing we have been "fooled" or maybe even LIED to again ?

fooled about what? per capita violent crimes in t.o. are lowers when compared with earlier years. the liberals don't collect or distribute that data, statscan does.

the mid to late 80's were worse than today.

subjectively it appears worse because of the way media reports violent crimes. not different than the ever fearful pitbull attack.