Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

front loading washing machine

raingirl
April 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Anyone have one that can give me some tips? My sister just bought one, and I'm going over to do laundry there this afternoon. Every time I have used a front loader at the laundry mat, either it over flowed, suds went everywhere, or the clothes didn't wash properly.

My sister left the manual for me to read, which of course I will do first.

SnowDancer
April 6th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I have one - not huge - you can't wash a comforter in it - but I guess same as a regular size washer. They don't require as much detergent as the top loading machines, so this could be part of your problem. Also do not overload the machine. They do suggest using powder detergent, but I use a liquid washer detergent designed for front loading machines. They are good because they only use about half the water. Also, suggest you don't open once it starts to fill as you can with a top load to add one more sock or the floor will get washed - and no doubt a puppy (if one is at your sister's) will help himself. Elmo the Eskimo just loves standing in front of the dryer when I open it while still operating and a sock just "jumps" right into his mouth. Clothes are as clean as they ever were.

Cinnabear
April 6th, 2005, 12:45 PM
You need to use only a quarter of detergent that you use for top loaders.
I find that the best is 3/4 full or 1/2 full for the tumble action to work.