Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Puppy??

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM
OMG!!! I'm freaking out(in a good way!)!!!! I walked into work this morning and my fiance told me we are adopting a 4 month old pit!!!!! All I know right now is a young kid owns the pup and can't take care of it. I don't know if it is a male or female. It is white with tan colouring.(I hope it's a lightbulb head!!!!) If it is a female, I'm definitely keeping her. If it's a male, I'm unsure at this moment. Copper would love to have a full time playmate! I'm trying to get the pup today, but it'll probably be tomorrow. A guy that works beside us, told us about this pup. He knows how much I love Copper and how well trained and cared for he is so he thought he would ask us if we were interested!! My fiance said yes because otherwise the pup will end up in the wrong hands or in a shelter and possibly pts. I have been begging him for months to adopt another Pit!!!! When it comes right down to it, he's a softie!! :p If our stray George, hadn't been injured, I would have never got him!!

meb999
April 6th, 2005, 10:15 AM
woooohooo!!! :thumbs up

How exciting!! Keep us updated!

happycats
April 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
How exciting, Copper will love a full time playmate :)
You guys are so great for saving a life :love:

PS: Lots and lots of pics please!

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Should I keep the pup if it is a male?? Copper is 4 years old and the pup is 4 months. Copper is neutered and the pup will be too. Copper is not territorial or aggressive. He loves to play with other dogs. He is unsure about meeting dogs that are bigger than him at first, but then he'll play with them if they aren't aggressive with him. I just wonder about everyone else's input on this. (Please don't be harsh on me!!)

happycats
April 6th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I think 2 males would do better then 2 females. But there will be lots of rough housing going on, your house may never be the same. (hide the breakables!!) :eek:

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 12:21 PM
OMG!!!! The puppy is on it's way here!!!! :eek: I think I have my digi cam here!!!

happycats
April 6th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I can't wait to see pics !! :D

pollito
April 6th, 2005, 12:24 PM
conrads but we want to see those pictures the first thing when you get him. I bet copper will love the new addition.

Trinitie
April 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
When someone gets a new puppy, I can't stress this enough:

PICTURES!

(Hello, my name is Trinitie and I'm an addict)

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 12:34 PM
looking forward to seeing your new addition!

Eleni

Rita
April 6th, 2005, 01:00 PM
(Hello, my name is Trinitie and I'm an addict)

Hello Trinitie and welcome to PA (picture-holics anonymous) :crazy:

CoppersMom, Congrats :thumbs up
Can't wait to see those pics!!

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
This is ZOE!!!!!!

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Copper and Zoe :)

meb999
April 6th, 2005, 01:56 PM
OMG!!!! She's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

You must be on cloud nine! Plus it's agirl...you won't have to worry about 2 pit-males going at it!!

Congrats!

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 01:57 PM
how cute is that!! makes me melt!

Eleni

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Here's a good pic!

Rita
April 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
She's an absolute doll!! :love:
Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl :p :thumbs up

meb999
April 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
AWWWWWWWWW -- I got the warm fuzzies now!!!!

Trinitie
April 6th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Awww! She's as cute as I thought she'd be!! It looks like Copper is having just an absolute blast!

mesaana
April 6th, 2005, 02:18 PM
She's soooo cute! Congratulations!!!

Lyne

babyrocky1
April 6th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Wow what a surprise, Im jelouse, I want another one too. I know you'll all be very happy together. Congratulatins!!!! You are all lucky to have each other and your able to give another pittie a great home!!!Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!! :thumbs up

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I think when she's full grown, she'll look like Xena in the other thread hugging with Slim! ( Lil Ricky's mom thread) Her face is more rounded than what Copper's was when he was a pup. And I think her eyes are set farther apart than Copper's too. She's a cutie!

She definitely needs some training though! She has an outgoing personality. Copper was a quiet pup -- she's the opposite! She's pooped out right now. Sleeping on the chair behind me. My fiance left to deliver a tranny so he took Copper with him. I miss him too!! He'll always be a Momma's boy!! But now I have a litlle girl to play with and I can't wait to start dressing her up!!! :crazy:

meb999
April 6th, 2005, 02:43 PM
My fiance left to deliver a tranny so he took Copper with him

Ummm, blonde moment : what's a tranny? In my circle of friends it's a transvestite (sp?)!!! I didn't know they delivered those!!!!

Copper'sMom
April 6th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Ummm, blonde moment : what's a tranny? In my circle of friends it's a transvestite (sp?)!!! I didn't know they delivered those!!!!

LMAO!!!! It's a transmission! You know the thingy that makes your car move?? HAHAHAHAHA

mesaana
April 6th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I'm with you meb... I thought transvestite too :)

Lyne

Lucky Rescue
April 6th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Eeek! Too cute! Oh the wrinkled forehead!! I just wanna kiss her and smoosh her little face!!:D

This *almost* makes me want a little baby Chloe too!!

happycats
April 6th, 2005, 08:10 PM
AWWWW she is SOOOOOO cute, and it looks like Copper loves her to :love:
She kind of looks like Stevie (that little blind puppy, thats looking for a good home).
I am so happy for you :D

PS; keep the pics coming !!

Kayla and Me
April 6th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Gorgeous....and bravo to you both for opening your hearts to this precious creature. The problems can be overcome with the right love and training, and you seem just the people to provide this.

:)

Kayla and Me

Prin
April 7th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I'm so happy it's a girl. I haven't been following this thread so reading it all in one shot is a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I am so happy for you. Two doggies are so much more fun than one. There is double the goofiness and 10 times the love. yey!!!http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage28/20.gif

Copper'sMom
April 7th, 2005, 10:37 AM
AWWWW she is SOOOOOO cute, and it looks like Copper loves her to :love:
She kind of looks like Stevie (that little blind puppy, thats looking for a good home).
I am so happy for you :D

PS; keep the pics coming !!

OMG!! She does look like Stevie!!!! I wish I could have him too!

chico2
April 7th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Coppers mom,that little girl brought tears to my eyes she's sooo cute and sooo lucky to become part of your family,has she got a name yet???

Copper'sMom
April 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM
This little girl is ALOT of work! She isn't potty trained!! But we've already made progress there!!! :thumbs up The cats aren't too impressed :( . George took a swipe at her and got her in the corner of the eye last night! Our vet has an emergency number to call, so I called to let them know what happened. I wasn't sure if he got her eyeball or just the outside(skin). It was scary because it looked like the blood was coming from her eye socket!! But she is A-okay!! And she didn't even yelp when it happened!!

Here's one more pic!!

Trinitie
April 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
She is just SO darned cute!

Copper'sMom
April 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Coppers mom,that little girl brought tears to my eyes she's sooo cute and sooo lucky to become part of your family,has she got a name yet???

Her previous owner named her Zoe. I like to call her Tinkerbelle!!! I bought her a pink bandana last night! She looks so cute! When her and Copper are finished horsing around, I'll put it on her and take a pic and post it here!!

pollito
April 7th, 2005, 05:13 PM
She is a cutie ....and look at that face, I bet she will be a little devil girl when he grows up, she doesn't look like those quiet pups.

Sadie's Mom
April 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
AWWWW, she is SO adorable!! I like "Zoe", that's a cute name. Have fun with her!