Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dental stresses

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 08:03 AM
If anyone here eer has a filling fall out take it from me get it looked after RIGHT away!

last year my husband was unemployed for a bit and I had a filling fall out, however it wasnt hurting me so we took the stance we can get it sorted when he finds work.

well when he did eventually find work I had pretty much forgotten about my tooth as it still diddnt bother me one bit.

over a few weeks recently it started to bug me, not bad just very mild throbbing

so I go to the dentist and let them xray it

turns out i need 3 root canals on that tooth :eek:
and then they will need to fill it and crown it :eek:

Holy moly!!

at this point im almost womdering if its not just better to pull the tooth anf end up with a fake tooth in its place

I think ive learned a valuable lesson regarding my teeth

Eleni

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 08:28 AM
We are so bad with going to the dentist, I HATE going to the dentist, a lot. And you've just reminded me to make appointments :( It's a shame we're like this too because it's totally covered. I'd rather give my appointments to people who don't have insurance! ;)

I don't know what I'd do about that tooth.. I guess it would depend on where in the mouth it is.

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 08:47 AM
its a molar, i think im gona ask the dentist to pull it

if it were a front tooth id save it tho

Eleni

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Sounds painful either way :( My husband has had a few root canals, not fun.
Good luck to ya.

raingirl
April 6th, 2005, 11:44 AM
OMG I HATE the dentist...I hate it more than ANYTHING! Luckily I have good teeth so don't need to go often. I've probably been to the dentist less than a dozen times in my life, and only had my teeth cleaned once. Every time I go he says your teeth look fine, come back in 6 months...yeah right! It's been almost 2 years now. Although I do need to get a cleaning done...can they put you under general anesthetic for that??

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 11:49 AM
It may depend on the dentist, but I'm thinking not because there's no pain in cleanings. Although if you explain how much it bothers you or mention anxiety, they may do it! Let me know if ya do... cause then I'll ask my dentist!!! :D

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Im switching dentist i think, the one i have i asked her how painfull it will be to do the root canals, she told me its painful till they get to the root, then they are able to give better pain medication.

i thinking ill find one that will either do it under general or give me a less painfull option

Eleni

Cinnabear
April 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I'd be looking for a different dentist. I had a root canal done. They give you alot of freezing and if it does hurt they would give you more. His theory was it is better to be pain free than to be in agony. I'd be running from that dentist who doesn't believe in pain free.

doggy lover
April 6th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I have to go tomorrow for that reason, and I'd rather have a baby natural than go to the dentist I hate it.