Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

potty accidents

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 07:42 AM
sammy has had a good week, however hes had a rough morning

could be my fault however considering im sleepy and not as with it as I normally am.

He rarely pees on the floor, however this morning he did

ive seen that you say no once in a loud voice to stop them then rush them outside.

however it diddnt stop sammy he just looked at me as he continued to pee

did i do something wrong? i picked him up at that point and took him out.

im just serprised he diddnt stop peeing

how would I stop him from peeing in the house if he doesnt react when i try to get his attention?

i know preventing his accidents is best but in the case of this morning he had his breakfast, went out an hour later both peed and pooped

then came inside and peed on the floor.

i take him out usually every 2-3 hours, wich seems to catch him usually

Eleni

raingirl
April 6th, 2005, 07:47 AM
Try clapping and yelling NO as loud as you can. It has to be enough to scare the bejeezus about of him to stop him. I understand that's the only way to get them to understand that it's not ok to pee, is to really make them understand while they are doing it.

If he did it twice, could be a urinary tract infection as well..and maybe he can't hold it in. Most dogs get at least one UTI in their puppyhood.

Eleni
April 6th, 2005, 07:51 AM
he only peed once in the house this morning, however he peed much more then normal this morning.

but my husband did mention he drank a bit more then normal. But i may take him to the vet tomorrow just to double check that he doesnt have a UTI

he really is a good dog, eager to please, and enjoys doing his thing outside.

when crated he lets me know he wants out to pee by pawing at his door, im hoping soon he will let me know whe hes outside the crate

we have been trying to use a bell but he thinks its more of a toy then anything else, so we are rethinking that method hehe

Eleni