Unwanted Aspen Sled Dogs Shot In Head

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
April 6th, 2005, 12:46 AM
This is revolting . . .
http://www.ktvu.com/news/4343579/detail.html

No video/photographs.

marko
April 6th, 2005, 05:47 AM
If it is revolting, do we NEED it to be posted here?

Why do people keep posting horrible tragedies againt animals?

Trust us we KNOW bad things happen to animals all the time....

Sneaky2006
April 6th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I think this should be looked at in a different way. All kinds are accepted, right?
I think, sometimes depending on the story and what has happened, people can make donations, and if the animals weren't killed, maybe it would help them find a forever home? Or at least become aware of what really goes on, some people don't know it.
Then again, you don't need to click on it if you don't want to read it. :rolleyes:

I'd be very upset if I got a reply like yours, Marko.

happycats
April 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I didn't click, I just couldn't do it today.(so I don't know what it's all about) But I do believe people should be made aware of these things as sneaky said, as there may be a possability that someone here may may be able to make a difference or do something about it.
and like myself,If you can't bare to see it don't click

twodogsandacat
April 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Because it happened
Marko, we post so others may know.

In fighting cruelty and crimes against animals - numbers count. Recently Windsor backed off on a destruction order. They granted a two-week reprieve - it's not much but the dog hasn't automatically been destroyed. Why - hundreds of emails.

happycats
April 7th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Maybe it would make a difference, if we all emailed the owner of this so called "resort" And let him know how we feel about this disgusting behavior.
I just sent him a veery strong email.

Prin
April 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM
There is no picture, in case you all are worried about that. It's a newspaper article, not very graphic. I think the only thing worse than the deed is the fact that the lawmakers acknowledged what happened and said it was ok because they are personal property and this is a humane way to kill them. Whatever... Stupid people.. :rolleyes:

Shaykeija
April 8th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Another sad story. :sad: . Makes me want to go neuter them bungee cord style.

pupyluv668
April 8th, 2005, 08:23 AM
:mad: this is horrible...how can this thing be legal?

BMDLuver
April 8th, 2005, 08:27 AM
There is a group in the area that is working with the owner to try and obtain some of his remaining dogs. Please do not email the "owner" with nasty emails as it will impede the progress already made by the continuing efforts of the rescue groups in that area.
Thank you.

happycats
April 8th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Sorry BMDLuver,
They email I sent wasn't nasty or rude, just basically questioning, and I apologize if this effects rescue efforts in any way, again I am sorry.

BMDLuver
April 8th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Sorry BMDLuver,
They email I sent wasn't nasty or rude, just basically questioning, and I apologize if this effects rescue efforts in any way, again I am sorry.
It's ok Happycats. Many have done so across the boards but a note was put out recently to the effect of my last post. Just making sure that we try to stop further one's. :)

Trinitie
April 8th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I think the OP should edit the post to reflect it is only a written article, and does not contain a video or photos.