Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ending the lurking...now registered!

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Hello!

I've been lurking for awhile now, and, I figured I should register.....

I have a habit of getting addicted to forums, so, I will have to be careful on here......

Anyway, my real name is Kiza, and I live in Ottawa.....

We recently rescued a GWP from the Humane Society....his name is Sheamus and he is wonderful! :) He is super active, and I think that had deterred people from adopting him, as he had been at the shelter for 2.5 months when he finally found his forever home.

I'll try to post some pictures of him......

cheers,
Kiza

db7
April 5th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Always room for more pointers!

Tip #1 for your GWP - Hide the cats!

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 09:50 AM
more pictures....

(why can I only put one per post?)

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Sheamus loves to be cuddled.....

as for hiding the cats...we haven't had him around a cat yet, but, he wasn't allowed to be adopted to a house that had a cat....so, I imagine he goes nuts around them!

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 09:55 AM
I love this one....he looks like such an old man!

Rita
April 5th, 2005, 09:55 AM
OMG he's beautiful :crazy:
That snout looks so kissable :p

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 09:56 AM
last one for now....this is Sheamus playing with my husband....trying to catch his bear....

BMDLuver
April 5th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the board. Your guy is great! We had one come in to rescue a while back and he was the best dog ever. Everyone adored him. He ended up in Ottawa too. Thanks so much for giving him a home. I can tell he loves it and you love him. :thumbs up

db7
April 5th, 2005, 10:13 AM
GWP's are known for being VERY cat sharp.

Princesss04
April 5th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Oh my soul he is so cute. I love that sweet face. I look forward to getting to know you and your fur baby better. Keep up with all those picutres we LOVE them. :D

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 10:40 AM
thanks Princess04....okay...one more picture... ;)

The bear that makes him jump....

Lucky Rescue
April 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Welcome! What a beautiful dog - I love pointers and hounds.:D

Thank you for giving Seamus a loving and understanding home!! :thumbs up

Lizzie
April 5th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Awe Sheamus!! You've got a home!

Poor Sheamus was at the Humane Society for so long---I remember seeing his picture on their site all the time and wondering if he would ever get adopted....he looks like such a good, playful, cuddly boy! I think he just faced the sad reality of there being way too many puppies in the shelter at the same time he was....lucky for him he now has a home and looks very happy!

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks Lizzie.....we have actually found out that Sheamus is quite the celebrity in Ottawa - having been there for so long....

We were at PetSmart a couple weeks ago, and had people come up to ask if that was "Sheamus from the Humane Society"! It happens quite often!

My husband and I are both training for a marathon, and, when we called and asked about him, we were told "oh Sheamus - he will need at least a marathon runner to keep him tired out!" :thumbs up

And....one more picture.....his bottom teeth like to get caught on his lips....it looks like he's growling - with a smile! :)

Princesss04
April 5th, 2005, 12:30 PM
He is so very cute. I love that last picture! I am so glad you gave this baby a home! :D

toni
April 5th, 2005, 01:09 PM
He's so beautiful and he dances too! Wow!!

mesaana
April 5th, 2005, 01:12 PM
You seem like the perfect family for this dog. I had noticed him on the Humane Society's website as well...

Thanks for adopting him!

Lyne

happycats
April 5th, 2005, 01:20 PM
WELCOME

and I just love your furbaby, especially the one where he looks like he is smiling !! :D

Luvmypit
April 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Congrats on your new family member. He looks so happy!!!

Thank you for being a part of a rescue really. I just love that face. He looks so adorable!

SnowDancer
April 5th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Congratulations. So nice that he has a new home with you in Ottawa - that is where we started out and adopted our first dog from the Ottawa Humane Society. My husband didn't "think" we needed a dog - this was 1976 - but then as he had never been to the Humane Society, he wasn't at all concerned when I innocently suggested we "look". Impossible - we left with a 7 year old Beagle that lived to be nearly 20. I must say that Seamus, when smiling and dancing, bears a marked similarity to my 21 lb. American Eskimo pup - same size teeth - and probably leg length. Hope he enjoys his runs with you - lots of good places for that in Ottawa.

GWPsRock
April 5th, 2005, 03:24 PM
thanks for all the wonderful responses....

for those of you spelling Sheamus' name the correct Irish way "Seamus"....I feel the need to confess that it was not us that gave him his name...or the spelling ;)

SnowDancer - Sheamus' pictures must be decieving, as he is 60 lbs! :) (all that running muscle!)

SnowDancer
April 5th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Not deceiving - my 21 lb. Eskimo just happens to have AWFULLY big teeth and long legs. I was worried for a bit that his Grandpa might have been a Viking, but he has stopped growing - but as for his choppers??

glasslass
April 5th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Welcome! If you get addicted easily, you've come to the right place!

Rita, my thoughts exactly. When I saw that sweet snout in the car pix, I immediately thought of the "kissing" thread. So, does Seamus like to be kissed?

GWPsRock
April 6th, 2005, 11:31 AM
oh yes, he loves to be kissed/cuddled/scratched....you name it!

if you make a kissing noise near his face, he will lick your lips right away! (I wonder if his old owners taught him that?!)

Conners
April 6th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Glad you quit lurking and decided to come on board Kiza. Sheamus is priceless. Loved all the pics of him and glad he has found such a proud and loving family. *hugs*